Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree44Likes

ALPHA OFF ROAD ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Its a 2 Day Sale and the price is only available on the Website not Ebay. enter code "DragonIV25off"
Old 07-18-2018, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Where?
Old 07-18-2018, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

racedawgrc.com
Old 08-12-2018, 02:31 AM
Suspended

has someone got a dragon 2 with race tune on it that can tell me where their settings are(and if hot or cold climate) just to see if im close or waaaay off lol.
im maybe just in on the LSN and like 8 hours OUT from flush on the HSN.
jersey likes this.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jersey
Here's lutzs settings when was running dragon3 try putting engine around this Engine rips I have the 2130a pipe and 2134. I think the engine seems to idle better with 2130a. I heard runtime is better on 2134 but haven't really tested them side by side yet. The other day on fuel thirsty track I was at around 7:30 with a super wornclutch, hopefully this coming week I'll be at track I wanna do some fuel mileage testing on fast track and super tech track I'll post back up when I get my results.
Try this. Works great for dragon 3. Dragon 2 has diff rod sleeve I think but they were kinda close with tune. I have both.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Suspended

Try this. Works great for dragon 3. Dragon 2 has diff rod sleeve I think but they were kinda close with tune. I have both.
if i keep leaning down on the top it will be death rpm, very little smoke and then run on after a high speed run down the straight(with idle set low and lsn close)
20 hours out from closed is basically flush

is only about 10c deg here at the moment, running byrons worlds 30/9.

note: also using a 2090 pipe.
Old 08-12-2018, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nicks mp9
if i keep leaning down on the top it will be death rpm, very little smoke and then run on after a high speed run down the straight(with idle set low and lsn close)
20 hours out from closed is basically flush

is only about 10c deg here at the moment, running byrons worlds 30/9.

note: also using a 2090 pipe.
for the 2130a pipe with lutz l4 plug or the alpha T3 plug. Those needle settings are usually super close. With 2090 pipe I have no idea but tune would change. Tune is different with alpha 2134 pipe by couple hours.
Sounds like your top end is to lean. if it's not coming down to idle after the straight your top end is to lean, no smoke means lean. If the idle raises up sitting still your bottom can be to lean or your idle gap can be to big. Alphas like to run hot. 10c is equal to 50f. That's fine. I actually used my dragon 2 engine in winter time as practice engine this past year. I would run it in. 30f. It would run fine. You may need to richen up the engine, i highly suggest you watch this video on tuning. It's Ryan lutz when he was on alpha. Tuning a alpha lutz engine. It will help you a lot. I pretty much studied this video and sat at the track practicing this. Yes it takes time to learn but practice tuning and you'll get it down.
Watch this video
https://youtu.be/RrIulwnDiWQ

also watch this video he explains a carb.

https://youtu.be/ucQCRcxL0Ps

as far as 2090 pipe I don't know what the settings would be around because I never ran that pipe on dragon 2 but try starting around flush on low speed needle. Then full turn out from flush on high speed that might be to rich but gradually lean it out. Start off with a rich tune and gradually lean it out.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:11 PM
Suspended

for the 2130a pipe with lutz l4 plug or the alpha T3 plug. Those needle settings are usually super close. With 2090 pipe I have no idea but tune would change. Tune is different with alpha 2134 pipe by couple hours.
Sounds like your top end is to lean. if it's not coming down to idle after the straight your top end is to lean, no smoke means lean. If the idle raises up sitting still your bottom can be to lean or your idle gap can be to big. Alphas like to run hot. 10c is equal to 50f. That's fine. I actually used my dragon 2 engine in winter time as practice engine this past year. I would run it in. 30f. It would run fine. You may need to richen up the engine, i highly suggest you watch this video on tuning. It's Ryan lutz when he was on alpha. Tuning a alpha lutz engine. It will help you a lot. I pretty much studied this video and sat at the track practicing this. Yes it takes time to learn but practice tuning and you'll get it down.

as far as 2090 pipe I don't know what the settings would be around because I never ran that pipe on dragon 2 but try starting around flush on low speed needle. Then full turn out from flush on high speed that might be to rich but gradually lean it out. Start off with a rich tune and gradually lean it out.
Oh, what i was trying to say, was if i did lean it down more i would get those symptoms, motor is running great but just not crisp on the bottom(it doesnt blow heaps of smoke like its rich on bottom) its not lean on the LSN, i was just trying to understand why my HSN is so far out compared to others, but in saying that the original lutz worlds engine i had was out ontop aswell.

Heading to the track this weekend for a good full day so will see how it goes.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Oh, what i was trying to say, was if i did lean it down more i would get those symptoms, motor is running great but just not crisp on the bottom(it doesnt blow heaps of smoke like its rich on bottom) its not lean on the LSN, i was just trying to understand why my HSN is so far out compared to others, but in saying that the original lutz worlds engine i had was out ontop aswell.

Heading to the track this weekend for a good full day so will see how it goes.
on my top end needle it's not really in if that's what your asking,it's kinda just a a little out over flush the needles don't get turned in as much as some other engine brands. When the engine is new the high speed comes popped up on highspeed needle. Some other brands come flush.
Get the top end tuned in for the straight then gradually lean the bottom end out only one hour at a time. I do what lutz does in that video go back and forth full speed then come back and let the car sit at a idle for like 6-8 seconds then hit the trigger and take off. If the engine loads up and dies before that your to rich. If it doesn't have crisp take off then your rich. If it takes off instantly and blows a little smoke your good. If your sitting still and idle is going up and down then could be to lean or idle gap wrong. If it takes off with no smoke and gives that starving bog your to lean. The dragon 2-3 has a very good bottom end punch take off. At least with 2130 and 2134 it does.
I don't suggest touching mid speed needle if your having problems tuning high and low speed. But I richened my mid speed just a tad bit on mine. But yea if you have good high speed then just do what I said for the bottom and you'll get it dialed in.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:51 PM
Suspended

ended up leaning the bottom about 3 hours in the end and it really picked up and is singing lovely now, great little engine.
Old 08-19-2018, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

ended up leaning the bottom about 3 hours in the end and it really picked up and is singing lovely now, great little engine.
yea they run good, they got good bottom end and have a nice powerband. They like to run hot.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:44 PM
Suspended

after loving my d2, i have picked up a new d3, it has come with a Alpha "p6" plug, which they state is "cold" never seen this plug before? its in a blue colour'd packet
Old 08-21-2018, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

after loving my d2, i have picked up a new d3, it has come with a Alpha "p6" plug, which they state is "cold" never seen this plug before? its in a blue colour'd packet

i just looked up that plug. Seems like it's a new plug? ive never used it. I use alpha T3 plug and lutz L4 plug
they both work good.
My D3's came with a alpha p3 plug

you got a d3 or d4 engine? Just asking cause my dragon 3 came with alpha p3 plug.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:11 PM
Suspended

i just looked up that plug. Seems like it's a new plug? ive never used it. I use alpha T3 plug and lutz L4 plug
they both work good.
My D3's came with a alpha p3 plug

you got a d3 or d4 engine? Just asking cause my dragon 3 came with alpha p3 plug.
i am current running a DRAGON 2, bought a new DRAGON 3,
Old 08-25-2018, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

i am current running a DRAGON 2, bought a new DRAGON 3,
ok yea that's what I thought, just wanted to check cause it came with a different plug then mine did.
My d2 came with p3 plug I think red package. And my d3 came with a T3 purple plug. I have to double check. But yea yours def came with different plug then both of my d3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.