Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Old 03-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Tthanks Ray. These were done by you originally.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

If an engine has been resized once can it be done a second time?
Thanks, Roy

Roy,
I cannot give you an absolute yes or no as to a set number times a Piston+Sleeve set can be resized . First most depends on sealing surface finish condition. Second depends how much sleeve was resized the first time. With that said on one hand I receive sets that which have ingested dirt , requiring material removal my "RECONDITIONING" sealing surface finish to an acceptable state, included with and fallowed with a great deal "RESIZE" in order to reestablish a "necessary" good seal. On the other, I have guys sending sets for a freshening up regularly before a big race, with great surface finish condition, that which only require a mild resize for their requested "light" / "Light-Med" tightness, and no problem at all servicing "twice" and even "three" times. OF CORSE you must look at your engines complete "wear" factors, also the bearings, crankpin, conrod, wristpin.
In short, when in doubt, My customers ship sets to me and await my first incoming inspection.

I could realy get wound up on this topic but will stop here, keeping it simple to the point, with hopes this helped.

I'll be home in the shop Tuesday.

Thanks guys,

Ray
RayAracing

Originally Posted by Roy Esckelson
Tthanks Ray. These were done by you originally.
Roy,
Great Please use my order form when ready and I will reference invoice with service's performed last year. I recall your name now, note on order form an aprox month last serviced? Thank You

Ray
RayAracing
Old 03-20-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Good to be home again

Guys, Back in shop. Dave,Rubine, Arvin,Paul,Scot,and Jerome packages on bench. Should have these about finished before tomorrow's expected new deliveries arrive. Any questions feel free to call

Kind regards,

Ray
RayAracing
Hektor Vom Eichenluft (he's glade to be home too)
Old 03-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayA
Guys, Back in shop. Dave,Rubine, Arvin,Paul,Scot,and Jerome packages on bench. Should have these about finished before tomorrow's expected new deliveries arrive. Any questions feel free to call

Kind regards,

Ray
RayAracing
Hektor Vom Eichenluft (he's glade to be home too)
Thanks for the update Ray, look forward to getting them back and broke in!

Rubine
Old 03-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My package

Hi Ray, did you get my package ?

Alain
Old 03-22-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Working Late

Thanks for the update Ray, look forward to getting them back and broke in!

Rubine

Rubine,
Your order went out today. Seldom do I see sealing surface finish conditions as good the sets you shipped. Do share the fuel you use along with other preventive maintenance by you. Good example!

Originally Posted by Alentino
Hi Ray, did you get my package ?

Alain
Hi Alain,
Yes, Your order is on bench now and should be completed and return shipped back to you in Turkey sometime tomorrow. Likely late in the day as a 5, 7, 4 set order eachtakes alot of working hours to complete , and my being happy the detail + accuracy reviewed in my final inspection.

Other orders shipped today is Dave, Arvin,Paul,Scott,Daniel,and Jerome.

Orders on the bench are Alain, John,Steve, another Daniel , Ashley, and Jon. Expected return shipping all packages late day tomorrow.

Thanks guys!

Kind regards,

Ray
RayAracing
Old 03-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

you really are "THE MAN" Ray !

keep up the great work man , some will copy you with your own tooling even and say they can do better but i guarantee no one will match your precision and attention to overall detail
Old 03-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by houston
you really are "THE MAN" Ray !

keep up the great work man , some will copy you with your own tooling even and say they can do better but i guarantee no one will match your precision and attention to overall detail
+1 !!!!!! Rite on!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by oilguy
+1 !!!!!! Rite on!
I think you mean RTFO!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
I think you mean RTFO!
as long Monty isn't tuning ones LOW END... we are good...
Old 03-22-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

He runs novas....that means he has a tuning driver on him at all times, 24/7! Lol!!!! Jkn monte...
Old 03-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by oilguy
He runs novas....that means he has a tuning driver on him at all times, 24/7! Lol!!!! Jkn monte...
wow really?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Rubine,
Your order went out today. Seldom do I see sealing surface finish conditions as good the sets you shipped. Do share the fuel you use along with other preventive maintenance by you. Good example!

Kind regards,

Ray
RayAracing
Thanks Ray, I run Powermaster 30% fuel with Benol added to the mix, I also use PJ1 super tacky air filter oil and seal my filters on both end with grease for better sealing. I also toss air filters after every outing and have a Pro tune on the motor ( courtesy of Graydog328), hope this helps.

Rubin
Old 03-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up RayAracing

Originally Posted by killerkustoms
Thanks Ray, I run Powermaster 30% fuel with Benol added to the mix, I also use PJ1 super tacky air filter oil and seal my filters on both end with grease for better sealing. I also toss air filters after every outing and have a Pro tune on the motor ( courtesy of Graydog328), hope this helps.

Rubin
Rubin,
Thank You for sharing your preventative maintenance practices. I'm sure other readers this thread appreciate it as well.

Packages arrived today , and on the bench are Wesley from TN, Ty from California, and Igor from Russia. Should get the 11 sets reconditioned-resized ,final inspected and return shipped before post office closes tomorrow.....If I get up as earl as today, LOL , 5:00AM GN

Thanks guys!

Kind regards,

Ray
RayAracing
Old 03-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Rubin,
Thank You for sharing your preventative maintenance practices. I'm sure other readers this thread appreciate it as well.

Packages arrived today , and on the bench are Wesley from TN, Ty from California, and Igor from Russia. Should get the 11 sets reconditioned-resized ,final inspected and return shipped before post office closes tomorrow.....If I get up as earl as today, LOL , 5:00AM GN

Thanks guys!

Kind regards,

Ray
RayAracing
i know i appreciate any kind of first hand info like that, its all in the details anyways rite....maybe thats my ocd...lol

Ray, i was in no rush when we talked earlier when u were in vegas, and stlll not, but i gave a lil bit to get settled in and will get that .12 comin here shortly, was it pig ears or beggin strips btw?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.