Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Old 02-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Beggin strips

Originally Posted by oilguy
Lol!!!! Thanks a ton Ray!! I'll send some beggin strips with my next batch!
Sounds good Clint.....I'll bet they'll make a great low budget BLT

Bob, Carlos, and Adam order serviced, packaged and ready to ship first thing tomorrow morning.

Mikes "dirty dozen" on bench now.... Number 13 looks nice and clean .....kidding Mike.

Thanks guys

Ray
RayAracing
Old 02-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yall a few weeks ago i sent my nova plus .21 to ray for hoaning and resizing. my sleve had some terrable scratches in it. ray hoaned the sleve and some scratches were still in a rough shape. ray and i talked and he was confident after breakin these scratches would be a non issue.

well let me tell ya ray knows his stuff. (yall already knew that though) i gained 2min 30 to 45 sec a tank on runtime. ( i know tune has some to do with that) and my lil practice track in the yard i gained .48 sec avaeage per second in lap time. my car is over geared for my track i would need to drop from a 15t pinion to about a 9t to be in the power band of the motor on my small oval. gaining about 1/2 sec is impressive.

i am so impressed with rays profesionalism and customer service. i am over pleased with his work. i will be sending all of my P&S to him and am doing all i can to share his great work with everyone i race with in mississippi.

i have said this to ray befor but let me say it again THANK YOU RAY and you are a great buisnessman. keep up the great work my friend

edward in mississippi
Old 02-27-2012, 02:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Ray , I send you the 5 set of P/S , have you got it ?
Because I can not track it for now

Cay you send an email when you got it ?

Thanks , have a nice day
Alain
Old 02-27-2012, 07:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Thumbs up

got my P/S back from Ray the other day and did the breakin. Another job well done Ray.

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default RCTECH THREAD FEEDBACK

Pancanman, Nice to know the extra attention to detail payed off. I appreciate extra nice feedback. Thank You!!! And you do have some nice clay in Mississippi....I remember it so well from living + working in Byram in the 80's. Swinging Bridges still standing??

Alentino, Not as of yet here. I'll confirm delivery.

SnKnby123, Again Thank You for the feedback

I wish my full size Car + Truck only needed a $20 fix, LOL Serious suspension issues on My Toraus, and my Silverado transmission ### the bed last week Needless to say I am geared up and ready to complete as many reconditioning-resizing orders necessary as riding my bike is not an option untill winter passes here.

Thanks again guys....I appreciate the continued support.

Kind regards,

Ray
Old 02-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Initiate

small world i live about 10 miles from byrum ( through the woods that is). the big town of byrumha ha it is growing fast. swinging bridge is still there. people do still walk out on it from time to time maybe a bycycle or two. i race my full size car at the dirt track in byrum.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Smile Small world

Originally Posted by pancanman
small world i live about 10 miles from byrum ( through the woods that is). the big town of byrumha ha it is growing fast. swinging bridge is still there. people do still walk out on it from time to time maybe a bycycle or two. i race my full size car at the dirt track in byrum.
Edward Yes, It is a small world. And Byram MS I hardly recognized I55 South Elton Rd exit area last time thru a few years ago. A lot of good memories

Thanks again

Shane Serviced and return shipped back to Canada this afternoon

Ray
Old 03-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Hi Ray,

Julio H. here. I noticed that the mailman will be dropping off my P/S set sometime today.

Just checking in to see how it's looking workload wise, and if you happen to ship on Saturday.

You are always blazing fast on your turnaround times, so no pressure here, just curious so I can plan accordingly for PNB.

thanks again
Old 03-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default PNB Race

Originally Posted by luvtorun
Hi Ray,

Julio H. here. I noticed that the mailman will be dropping off my P/S set sometime today.

Just checking in to see how it's looking workload wise, and if you happen to ship on Saturday.

You are always blazing fast on your turnaround times, so no pressure here, just curious so I can plan accordingly for PNB.

thanks again
Hi Julio,
Yes, I ship on Saturday. Last week was a very full week (2 group orders totaling 21 sets themselves) and shipped Sunday too USPS should be delivering any time now, and shop is preheated and ready for a busy evening. Will do what it takes to get your order serviced and back in route to you ASAP. I'll let you know return shipping status once serviced and shipped.

Kind regards,

Ray
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayA
Hi Julio,
Yes, I ship on Saturday. Last week was a very full week (2 group orders totaling 21 sets themselves) and shipped Sunday too USPS should be delivering any time now, and shop is preheated and ready for a busy evening. Will do what it takes to get your order serviced and back in route to you ASAP. I'll let you know return shipping status once serviced and shipped.

Kind regards,

Ray
As always- thank you Sir.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default RayAracing Piston+Sleeve Reconditioning-Resizing Service

Originally Posted by luvtorun
As always- thank you Sir.
Julio, You should see package delivery today. "One" set minor sealing surface issues corrected, the other "three" sets perfect sealing surfaces. Nice
Good luck PNB race.

Orders recieved Saturday serviced Saturday+Sunday, shipped this morning. Thank You guys

Kind regards,

Ray
RayAracing

Last edited by RayA; 03-07-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: no
Old 03-11-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Short Buisness trip

Guys, Flying out of town this week on business, be back Early next. I will be picking up packages from PO before routing USPS expected deliveries from Dmtriy,Jerome,Mario,and Phil ,and should have no problem going thru doing the usual recondition-resize process and return ship well before evening boarding plane. Im sure there will be a couple unexpected packages also, as Mondays always is. None the less , I'll do my best get these orders out tomorrow, and my assistant will make sure packages arriving there after are safe in shop when I return. Last trip took me a full week to catch up

Thank You for your continued support

Ray
RayAracing
Old 03-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Regular

If an engine has been resized once can it be done a second time?
Thanks, Roy
Old 03-14-2012, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Roy Esckelson
Thanks, Roy
Imo, after the nuts drop from first trip to ray and resize, my ninjas are better than originally, i havent had one resized twice yet, they keep screamin away but i cant see why it wouldnt be even better yet, to the point of the piston gettin worn out around the wrist pin....its bein hand(and a good one!!) refit for the secome time by the same person...i think itd be hard to beat if ur tolerances are good...
Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Can not give an absalute yes or no

Thanks, Roy

Originally Posted by oilguy
Imo, after the nuts drop from first trip to ray and resize, my ninjas are better than originally, i havent had one resized twice yet, they keep screamin away but i cant see why it wouldnt be even better yet, to the point of the piston gettin worn out around the wrist pin....its bein hand(and a good one!!) refit for the second time by the same person...i think itd be hard to beat if ur tolerances are good...
Thanks Clint ! And yes I do prefer fallowing my own work

Roy,

I cannot give you an absolute yes or no as to a set number times a Piston+Sleeve set can be resized . First most depends on sealing surface finish condition. Second depends how much sleeve was resized the first time. With that said on one hand I receive sets that which have ingested dirt , requiring material removal my "RECONDITIONING" sealing surface finish to an acceptable state, included with and fallowed with a great deal "RESIZE" in order to reestablish a "necessary" good seal. On the other, I have guys sending sets for a freshening up regularly before a big race, with great surface finish condition, that which only require a mild resize for their requested "light" / "Light-Med" tightness, and no problem at all servicing "twice" and even "three" times. OF CORSE you must look at your engines complete "wear" factors, also the bearings, crankpin, conrod, wristpin.
In short, when in doubt, My customers ship sets to me and await my first incoming inspection.

I could realy get wound up on this topic but will stop here, keeping it simple to the point, with hopes this helped.

I'll be home in the shop Tuesday.

Thanks guys,

Ray
RayAracing

Last edited by RayA; 03-16-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: spell check

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.