Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Old 12-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good luck with the surgery, Ray.

I enjoyed talking with you and look forward to receiving my tooling.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default RayAracing Tooling Order

Originally Posted by McFly505
Good luck with the surgery, Ray.

I enjoyed talking with you and look forward to receiving my tooling.
Same here Scott!

Remember call me with any questions after you have you receive your package aqnd had looked it over real good. Heaven knows i won't be doing much after surgery wensday for atleast a week.

Off to get some pre-op testing done today. EKG (patients over 50) and blood work.

Got all day tomorrow to complete and package tooling orders.

RayA
Old 12-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Update

Update

Hey guys, A small update. My hand surgery has been postponed until next Tuesday, December 22nd..Note the announcement on our website main page http://www.rayaracing.com/ at top "we will not be taking any resizing orders until January 16th."

I prepared and tested a few extra resizing die sets http://www.rayaracing.com/prodtooling.htm that can be shipped if purchased before next Tuesday.

Happy Holidays guys

RayAracing
Old 12-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Hope all goes well for ya Ray , get better soon

Best wishes ,
Monty
Old 12-17-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Few more days work

Originally Posted by houston
Hope all goes well for ya Ray , get better soon

Best wishes ,
Monty
Thanks Monty,

Thought I was caught up with my work comitments but a few the guys managed to talk me into servicing a few more P+S sets (NEXT DAY AIR SHIPPINGS)before scheduled visit to the house of pain.

Alot of intirects need doing can be done with one hand I guess.

Merry Christmas Ho Ho Ho
Old 12-18-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ray how are you doing after surgery, just curious I just got every thing ready and maybe tomorrow I will ship it to you, so you can work you magic I know it will be a couple of weeks before you will be able to.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Saturday Resizing Service

Nitrod8,
Actually I am doing last minute orders today before this coming Tuesday surgery. You will see a previous post I stated surgery date postponed 8 days. Your package could be sitting here a few weeks before I am on even light duty work detail. But will take care of you soon as I can.

Monday last shippings go out.

RayAracing

HO HO
Old 12-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

That's O.K. Ray I sent it off today If I had of known you was gonna postpone it 8 days last week I would of sent it 2 day priority mail, but in any case I have sent it to you! Just do me a favor when you get well, work you magic on it. THANKS
Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Short break

Originally Posted by nitrod8
That's O.K. Ray I sent it off today If I had of known you was gonna postpone it 8 days last week I would of sent it 2 day priority mail, but in any case I have sent it to you! Just do me a favor when you get well, work you magic on it. THANKS
nitrod8,
Hopefully your package will arive for me to service along with a few others I am expecting tomorrows mail. Otherwise your package will be of the first serviced once I regain a little hand strength back fallowing surgery. How soon depends mostly on pain meds kidding.

None the less I should be ready to rocknroll again shortly after the new year. Last year I got slamed middle of January,and packages arivals didn't slow down till September. Hopefully 2010 will be as good, and with a tad more my own racing will be sweet.

RayAracing
Old 12-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Before hand surgery

Again, Thanks to all my RC friends that wished me "Good luck" before tomorrows hand surgery. Recieved emails, texts, private messages along with phone calls throughout the day today. Calls from across the boarder from Israel, Ireland, and Canada.....Nice day.

Just a few orders to ship tomorrow morning and only missed "one" resizing packages that have not arrived to me today in time inorder to get out along with tomorrows shippings.

Feel free to call, text, or email me with any questions these next few weeks I'll be home and not doing shop work.

Merry Christmass !!!!

Last edited by RayA; 12-21-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default 1 week off in last 3 years

Just to give you guys a heads up guys...... i'm past the numbness, then fallowed with pain thru last week.....now i'm bored

"one" more week doing nothing then back to work LIGHT DUTY status

Shipping allready tested tooling packages next week (after Jan 3rd) thru the week fallowing.

Then by Jan 16Th I will be ready to take new Reconditioning-Resizing orders.

Nows the time to call me , or email me with any questions.

Kind regards,

RayAracing
Old 12-31-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Need some International customer feedback

Happy New year Guys!!

We're starting the new year with necessary website updates, primarily resize order form return shipping options/details.
The increase in return shipping costs include the now standard delivery confirmation service on both USPS First Class, and USPS Priority mail, Domestic orders only. Previously customers optional purchase option USPS additional services.

Shipping USPS International Priority and Airmail Parcel Post remains untraceable (sucks! see their note at lower page) http://www.usps.com/international/pr...ernational.htm . Has been my major concern (bugs me big) and has me now looking in to other shipping services, even if more costly, Or do we just return ship International packages Airmail Post? Return shipping USPS IMS or FedEx are both justified expenses with group order (5 and more sets) but not at all efficient shipping method with one or two sets. I need some feedback from my international customers here.

At any rate I appreciate that our International Customer base has gotten close in size our Domestic Customer base. Thank you all for using RayAracing in 2009. Wish everyone a great new year!!!

RayAracing
Old 12-31-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Ray how are you doing after the surgery I saw where you had posted that every thing is o.k. that's good. Did you receive my package? Just curious if you received it, no need to hurry you take care of you self first!
Old 12-31-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default got it

Originally Posted by nitrod8
Ray how are you doing after the surgery I saw where you had posted that every thing is o.k. that's good. Did you receive my package? Just curious if you received it, no need to hurry you take care of you self first!

Thanks Greg,

Your package arrived last week, along with 5 others Finger strength almost there to hold the mic's/sleeves. Gona finish the week off with arm in sling, then work on these short orders early next. Thank god all single set orders

RayAracing
Old 01-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Now typing with 2 hands

Cast Removed yesturdayday(over 1 week earlier than expected)and Xray illustrated above average heeling, according to surgeon. Not to mention my finger strength is night and day better than just a few days ago. With that said I have the last "two"weeks back orders return shipping packages prepared, ready for servicing recondtioning-resizing orders tomorrow. Inspected a few sets with no trouble handling piston+ sleeves with left hand, while operating micrometer friction ratchet with same ease as prior to operation. I feeling good again, regardless of the fact that I had found yesturday my resposability of an aprox $13,000 total medical expense will be above $4,000......Insurance plans arn't what they were. Enough said there.

LIGHT DUTY Another week and back full force taking reconditioning-resizing orders. Our work includes your prefered level of tightness ( sealing per piston to sleeve bore clearance) generated with meticulously reconstucting (reforming) sleeve alloys in small incriments, while constantly checking a resulted in motioned piston to sleeve bore vacuuming effect. See the vid on my website that which is over 5 years old that in near future will be made more currant to illustrate the much better processing slight changes along with my coordination improvements. This "Matching" process IS very similar to how a piston is "matched" to sleeve cylinder at assembly by your engines manufacturers' . The only differences here is that a resized piston + sleeve sets have already been broken in i.e machined parts stress relieved, along with piston + sleeve work hardened (burnishing process) done prior engines original running. NOTE: NIB piston and sleeve sets are very brittle/ fragile until they have been ran for a gallon or more. Rebreakin is uasualy complete with a quart fuel usage on a "MED" tightness resizing request. These preferences have been standardized by 9 years dimensioning and referenced resizing work per racer feedbacks, and continuousness testing. Please note that I am a Journeyman tool + die maker well versed in alloy reconstruction and metallurgy, allowing me a firm understanding these little two cycle engines physical wear characteristic's. Again, The many racers of all levels world wide keep me updated with performance reports in my work. Furthermore, I am religiously watching the racing forums staying informed industry news and changes, preparing for the many new engine models that evidentially hit my mail box. I would not incourage anyone to atempt this process/craft or having service done at any trackside with expecting good results that which requires total preperation essential a process demanding accuracy.

Thank You guys for your last months patience - I look forward to another great year offering you all the specialized services I offer. Researching and selecting the best hand surgeon in this region I feel was the right thing to do now.

RayAracing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.