Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Old 11-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RayA
... Burts N21R, ... serviced and return shipped.
RayAracing
Hey Ray,

Wow, that was quick ... Hope to see it tomorrow or the first of next week. BTW, it is a N21BF
Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Ray,

I received my P/S set yesterday I am a machinist at heart and have a small "hobby" workshop ... you do OUTSTANDING work !!!

One question though ... on the paperwork you wrote .0004". Is that conrod wear?

TIA
Old 11-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Some feedback for you Ray.
I finished breaking in my MG66 last night (one of em anyway so I can race this weekend) All is good and break in was very easy.
Car runs smoothly, idles great and has plenty of stick.

Thanks again for outstanding service.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by boxhead
Some feedback for you Ray.
I finished breaking in my MG66 last night (one of em anyway so I can race this weekend) All is good and break in was very easy.
Car runs smoothly, idles great and has plenty of stick.

Thanks again for outstanding service.
performance same as new?i will doin my motor next week.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sangyi41
performance same as new?i will doin my motor next week.
So far so good, I will have it at the track this Saturday night.

I think I will sneak down tonight for a little practice.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Ray,
Email me at [email protected] or call me at 731-414-7177 when you have a minute. Been trying to get in contact with you for the past week. Have some questions and a motor that needs your attention.
Mike G
Old 11-12-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default referenced sleeve resizing

Originally Posted by triplebvalp
Hey Ray,

I received my P/S set yesterday I am a machinist at heart and have a small "hobby" workshop ... you do OUTSTANDING work !!!

One question though ... on the paperwork you wrote .0004". Is that conrod wear?

TIA
Burt,
Thanks! Depending on the level of wear inspected your piston to sleeve fit when recieved is the amount I resize the sleeve to reastablish a good seal again. The (0.0004") 4 tenths of one thousandth of an inch indicates refernced resizing done that set. This is my procedure every set I handle, and assists me with accurate results. I also note inspected surface finish conditions, and when honing performed if found nessissary.If there are any questions, I can just pull a customers invoice for review. Hope this helps.

RayAracing
Old 11-12-2010, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Hi Ray, i think Australia post must be on strike or something and unfortunately my set is yet to arrive. Checked with the mailman again this morning (Saturday) and nothing as yet, so hopefully it will be sometime after Tuesday.

Wednesday brang no joy either

Keen to hear if it was possible to be redone as i know it was fairly worn out, and the anticipation of if it turned out good or not is killing me lol.

Last edited by NitoriousRC; 11-16-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Ray,

I'm in Australia as well, there must be some hold up as my parcel has not arrived either. Was sent on the 4th by one of your earlier posts. Just to add to that I have been waiting for a parcel from A-Main as well and it is way late as well. Must be a delay somewhere.

Pedr.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:19 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chalkie
Hey Ray,

I'm in Australia as well, there must be some hold up as my parcel has not arrived either. Was sent on the 4th by one of your earlier posts. Just to add to that I have been waiting for a parcel from A-Main as well and it is way late as well. Must be a delay somewhere.

Pedr.

Hey man, its good to hear im not the only one, ive been waiting for the con rod and pin for my motor to come from the Netherlands for a month or so.

Maybe our parcels were on an Airbus A380!

/edit
I think thats what has happened!
http://auspost.com.au/about-us/qanta...rtnership.html
Old 11-17-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Ray,

Pedr.
Will it looks like there is a postal issue somewhere. My A-Main order arrived today and it was ordered 5 days after my repinch order was shipped back. Does anyone in the US now if there is a way a international priority parcel can be traced. It has been 15 days so far on the return leg and my last order was there and back in 18 days.

Pedr.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Will it looks like there is a postal issue somewhere. My A-Main order arrived today and it was ordered 5 days after my repinch order was shipped back. Does anyone in the US now if there is a way a international priority parcel can be traced. It has been 15 days so far on the return leg and my last order was there and back in 18 days.

Pedr.
Just got an e-mail back from Australia post saying that there is up to a 3 week back lodge of mail coming out of some areas of the USA. So i'll just have to wait a while longer.

Pedr.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Ray.FANTASTIC!FANTASTIC i should say....
after break in my os speed.replace new front and rear bearing.woh...today i run it in my house garden..my motor is running like new.IDLE like no tomorow.temp hold very very well.....thanx ray.for only 20usd i save my flame out os speed running like new.it scream now,hold the tune idle like no tormow!will running this rebuild motor for the coming month race in my town Malaysia here.i think this is 1st pinch sleeve motor in malaysia race.fastastic!!i love this.i will send u more p/s for the day come.all my local racer they never belive this resized can recover a old motor even myself also same 20usd a try why nop??.now they know RAYA u r the man.
Old 11-18-2010, 06:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Thanks William

Originally Posted by sangyi41
Ray.FANTASTIC!FANTASTIC i should say....
after break in my os speed.replace new front and rear bearing.woh...today i run it in my house garden..my motor is running like new.IDLE like no tomorow.temp hold very very well.....thanx ray.for only 20usd i save my flame out os speed running like new.it scream now,hold the tune idle like no tormow!will running this rebuild motor for the coming month race in my town Malaysia here.i think this is 1st pinch sleeve motor in malaysia race.fastastic!!i love this.i will send u more p/s for the day come.all my local racer they never belive this resized can recover a old motor even myself also same 20usd a try why nop??.now they know RAYA u r the man.
William,
Thanks for posting results your pleased with. The other (3) Piston+Sleeve sets came out just as nice. Surface finsh conditions looked very good all (4) sets. Talk again

RayAracing
Old 11-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default in shop thru evenning today

Any questions guys today is a good day to call, text, or email me

RayAracing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.