Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Old 08-19-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RayA
Why didn't you just say Mohamad From Singapore Found ya.

The set was serviced early Febuary had only been resized lightly 0.0002" from original size. I would have been apprehensive repeating a resizing the sleeve already altered 4 or 5 tenths.

Peace of cake , lots of room yet. Looking at the notes and that set was loose at windows and thru mid stroke. Make sure bearings and crankpin-rod bushing assembly is in reasonable shape.

Hope this helped
Loose at window and mid stroke!! Will be in touch..
Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamlosi906
WOW!! How can you beat service like this. You cant. Sending you some soon,

Ray is the man when it comes to this stuff , i use him myself
TEAM ONE HOBBIES / TEAM NOVAROSSIUSA / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM SWEEPRACING USA / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS / COMP HEAT DEALER /NOVAROSSIUSA / ONE HOBBIES / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S." / BYRON FUELS / HITEC/AKA TIRES/SWEEP RACING USA /special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTI

Thanks guys

Its funny I'm still not at all bored with this Piston+Sleeve reconditioning-resizing .12 thru .46 Car, Truck, Buggy, and Truggy engine models. It's nice to have the tools + experience that provides service-performance results you guys are pleased with. I enjoy the work

RayAracing

Guys, You know the drill.....Please feel free to call, text, or email me with any questions or concerns.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayA
Originally Posted by teamlosi906
WOW!! How can you beat service like this. You cant. Sending you some soon,
Originally Posted by houston
Ray is the man when it comes to this stuff , i use him myself
TEAM ONE HOBBIES / TEAM NOVAROSSIUSA / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM SWEEPRACING USA / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS / COMP HEAT DEALER /NOVAROSSIUSA / ONE HOBBIES / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S." / BYRON FUELS / HITEC/AKA TIRES/SWEEP RACING USA /special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTI

Thanks guys

Its funny I'm still not at all bored with this Piston+Sleeve reconditioning-resizing .12 thru .46 Car, Truck, Buggy, and Truggy engine models. It's nice to have the tools + experience that provides service-performance results you guys are pleased with. I enjoy the work

RayAracing

Guys, You know the drill.....Please feel free to call, text, or email me with any questions or concerns.
you are heads and tails above what else is out there Ray , keep it up !!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

when these come back from a service, do they need to be broke in the same as a new motor? had a buddy call me tonight asking this question, and I wasnt exactly sure so thought Id check here...
Old 08-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re-breakin RayAracing reconditioned-resized piston+sleeve set

Quote:

when these come back from a service, do they need to be broke in the same as a new motor? had a buddy call me tonight asking this question, and I wasnt exactly sure so thought Id check here...

No, Due the resized piston+sleeve set has previously broken in as new, alloys are work hardened + stress relieved, much more resiliant, and in short no longer as volnurable to friction'-stress'. A accurate resized "Light-Medium" tightness piston + sleeve set is (I have tested in past - and continue to test associated performance charactoristics) ready to race tune/race after aprox 6 tank re-breakin. A light tightness is a little quicker, and medium takes a little longer.

Hope I did not make this answear to long, and hope this helps you with understanding the resizing as I know it.

RayAracing
Old 08-21-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Greenlee37
Preheat before starting to a temp of at least 180 , I use competition heat engine warmer and it works awesome .

Perform 3 x 5 min idle sessions (heat cycles) on the starter box at 190-210 with head covered

Let cool between each cycle with piston at bdc

Then run 3 x 10 min sessions of running the car on the ground without head wrapped , body on the car just slightly rich of race tune at 190-210 . Be careful as not to over rev the engine , after this go racetune it on the track .

Be sure you richen up your needles a bit before starting engine back up . If you are running novarossi and you get lost on your needle settings I can give you a good starting point , just get a hold of me
Old 08-21-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

thanks guys for the advice...
Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default your very welcome

Your very welcome

Any questions guys just call, text, or email me.

Dinner break.....be back in a few hours. Everything ships tomorrow late morning.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

In my most humble opinion, you will not find better advice anywhere in any other forum. I have been in all of them, and this forum by far is the most technical, most experienced out there hands down.

There are a lot of wise guys here on rctech, but the knowledge and the willingness to help others is bar none the best IMO. Houston you rock and help everybody, and rayaracing is the best in the business in resizing. Just my 2 cents.... But it just goes on and on and on with people wanting to help here on rctech. Great support... Tons of knowledge....
Old 08-23-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Ray, I need to send you my +4 for a pinch, and an inspection. Bushing and Rod/pin look good to me but I would like a second opinion. What do I send, and where do I send it, and do I send money also or what?
Old 08-23-2010, 03:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Ray, I need to send you my +4 for a pinch, and an inspection. Bushing and Rod/pin look good to me but I would like a second opinion. What do I send, and where do I send it, and do I send money also or what?
I don't think ray does full engine inspection james

I will help u out if you need james , call me or something .

The past is the past
Old 08-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Lord

I have no hard feelings towards you Monty, but I was hoping for an all in one service. Its no big deal as it seems like everything is still good except my compression. For $30 its worth the pinch even if something is not in perfect condition. Thanks for the offer though
Old 08-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I have no hard feelings towards you Monty, but I was hoping for an all in one service. Its no big deal as it seems like everything is still good except my compression. For $30 its worth the pinch even if something is not in perfect condition. Thanks for the offer though
I use ray for resizing , so u would get his service

If u want a novarossi fixed ,well......................

Ray is awesome !!

Last edited by houston; 08-23-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Lord

I use ray for resizing , so u would get his service

If u want a novarossi fixed ,well......................

Ray is awesome !!
sorry for blowing up your thread Ray.

Monty, You live in Oregon, Ray is in NY. If I send you my engine for an inspection then you have to send the P/S to Ray in NY I am now looking at a month turn around. Thats what I meant by all in one place. Its no big deal. Ray can pinch it up snug for me and if it grenades in a gallon Its still a gallon more than I have on it now. I think it will be fine though as there is no slop in the bushing and the pin looks good the only thing I am not sure about is if the rod is stretched..I'll take my chances
Old 08-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

looks like my nasty old v-spec sleeve and p5xlt sleeve secound from the back ,back there (i hope) ships out tomorrow might have it for the weekend
although i have a B5 and B6 to start breaking in ,

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.