Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Old 08-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ran in great work thank you!
Shannon
Old 08-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Thank You

Originally Posted by hyperc10
Ran in great work thank you!
Shannon
Thank You Shannon. The Werks B5's have been resizing well. iether way, or Light, or Light-Medium re-breakin quickly.

Yesturday and todays deliveries all serviced and return shipped today as I ended up working. Spent 1+1/2 hours streightening out (2) Traxxas 3.3'S and (1) Novarossi sleeves I am pleased I was able to fix.

Thanks Brett, Keith, Dave , Bob, Allen, Eric, Koery, Roy, Roy, Jon, Mark, Trevor, Shane, and Jon. No packages on the table at this time.

Have a nice weekend guys. Off to the Hamburg Fair with Moma now

Feel free to call me Monday with any questions
Old 08-14-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

I just got my piston and sleeve back for my Nova Rossi.This was the first time I've dealt with Ray A and I'm very impressed!I sent the piston and sleeve out on Monday and had it back in my mailbox on Saturday.The sleeve looked like brand new when I got it back.After a light break-in,I took it to the track and it ran great.I am now a customer for life!

Ray A not only does awesome work with quick turnaround,but he saved me a lot of cash by freshening up my engine.Don't hesitate to send your business his way.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default good morning

Originally Posted by harry697
I just got my piston and sleeve back for my Nova Rossi.This was the first time I've dealt with Ray A and I'm very impressed!I sent the piston and sleeve out on Monday and had it back in my mailbox on Saturday.The sleeve looked like brand new when I got it back.After a light break-in,I took it to the track and it ran great.I am now a customer for life!

Ray A not only does awesome work with quick turnaround,but he saved me a lot of cash by freshening up my engine.Don't hesitate to send your business his way.
Harry697,
Thanks for the update on how your engine ran. I have a bunch of resized engines myself, with "one" five year old REX P5 still running strong.....one of my guys came in second place with it a club race Saturday. Its fun getting the most out of an engine.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RayA
Thank You Shannon. The Werks B5's have been resizing well. iether way, or Light, or Light-Medium re-breakin quickly.

Yesturday and todays deliveries all serviced and return shipped today as I ended up working. Spent 1+1/2 hours streightening out (2) Traxxas 3.3'S and (1) Novarossi sleeves I am pleased I was able to fix.

Thanks Brett, Keith, Dave , Bob, Allen, Eric, Koery, Roy, Roy, Jon, Mark, Trevor, Shane, and Jon. No packages on the table at this time.

Have a nice weekend guys. Off to the Hamburg Fair with Moma now

Feel free to call me Monday with any questions
allen got his b5 back and is super pleased with your work! ill be out there with him this weekend breakin it in and racing it
Old 08-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default B5 re-breakin

Originally Posted by killerkoolaid
allen got his b5 back and is super pleased with your work! ill be out there with him this weekend breakin it in and racing it
Allen's B5 was one of the loosest B5 sets I inspected over the months. Check conrod-crank pin clearance, front bearing, along with air filter conditions.

I re-broke in "my" resized B5, with 5-6 gallons, this past Saturday.

I first replaced front bearing early last week before resizing process. Please note my engine has seen extreme cases loose loomy race/practice night track conditions. very tough on all engines.

I re-broke in my B5 resized "light-medium" tightness as follow:

1) Richined high speed needle 1/2 turn.
2) Pre-heated with Competition Heat and started on box and brought to aprox 210F, shut down and cooled. Piston BDC
3) Repeated above one more time. First preheating with Competition Heat. Not quiet a tank ran total thus far.
4) Ran one tank (second tank) preheated and on the ground at home on drive way.
5) The third tank I ran on the ground at PA club race durring practice time made available by track director inbetween qualifiers, their 15 minute break. We got their alittle late missing 1st qualifier.
6) The 4th tank was my second qualifier. Flamed out at start, restarted in time to start on time. Running on rich side. Got to expect it a tad on the squrely side untill first 4 or 5 tanks. Nature of the Beast
7) The 5th tank was my third qualifier. Still running on the rich side.
8) Leaned HS needle 1/4 turn and ran 15 minute main tanks 6 and 7, with mabee 1/2 tank durring warm up. Came off the track slightly above 220F. Performed well.

Hope this helps you and Allen

RayAracing
Old 08-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Allen's B5 was one of the loosest B5 sets I inspected over the months. Check conrod-crank pin clearance, front bearing, along with air filter conditions.

I re-broke in "my" resized B5, with 5-6 gallons, this past Saturday.

I first replaced front bearing early last week before resizing process. Please note my engine has seen extreme cases loose loomy race/practice night track conditions. very tough on all engines.

I re-broke in my B5 resized "light-medium" tightness as follow:

1) Richined high speed needle 1/2 turn.
2) Pre-heated with Competition Heat and started on box and brought to aprox 210F, shut down and cooled. Piston BDC
3) Repeated above one more time. First preheating with Competition Heat. Not quiet a tank ran total thus far.
4) Ran one tank (second tank) preheated and on the ground at home on drive way.
5) The third tank I ran on the ground at PA club race durring practice time made available by track director inbetween qualifiers, their 15 minute break. We got their alittle late missing 1st qualifier.
6) The 4th tank was my second qualifier. Flamed out at start, restarted in time to start on time. Running on rich side. Got to expect it a tad on the squrely side untill first 4 or 5 tanks. Nature of the Beast
7) The 5th tank was my third qualifier. Still running on the rich side.
8) Leaned HS needle 1/4 turn and ran 15 minute main tanks 6 and 7, with mabee 1/2 tank durring warm up. Came off the track slightly above 220F. Performed well.

Hope this helps you and Allen

RayAracing
Ya I could imagin how bad it was. He couldn't find the tune at the time before sending it out to you. The other motor that needed a repinch we used some local guy that most of the guys out by us use. But the fact that you repolished the sleeve and head imo a best way of doing things. I come from the automotive world and with the service you provided him I'm truly impressed. Now for the real test this weekend..

What measuring tools do you think we could use to find the gap. I know I have a Mic that will do .0001 of an inch. But I don't think I have anything that will fit the hole of the con rod
Old 08-17-2010, 06:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by killerkoolaid
Ya I could imagin how bad it was. He couldn't find the tune at the time before sending it out to you. The other motor that needed a repinch we used some local guy that most of the guys out by us use. But the fact that you repolished the sleeve and head imo a best way of doing things. I come from the automotive world and with the service you provided him I'm truly impressed. Now for the real test this weekend..

What measuring tools do you think we could use to find the gap. I know I have a Mic that will do .0001 of an inch. But I don't think I have anything that will fit the hole of the con rod
Its good to use the local guys that are tooled by RayAracing. They could use the experience, with you getting a quick turn around on the service.

The clean polished well detailed apparence in my work is resizing over clean/fresh surfaces to achieves the best accuracy. Deburing piston top edge and around porting windows secondary objective.

You can use the mics you described to check crank pin wear. I use vinier type blade mics. Reference 0.197" (5.00mm) original size Werks B5 and most other .21 engine models. None the less, the crank pin will show an egg shaped wear pattern, and which ever the high reading indicates a close enough to determine the stock diameter. As for the conrod bushing inside mics work best, along with check pins I also have and use for inspections. Anything over 0.003" low crank pin measurement (0.194") compounded with equal conrod bushing wear results the beginning performance issues. I offer conrod bushing and crank pin inspection free to the guys with all they need to do is bag crank shaft with piston(conrod attached)and sleeve in package. BEST to just get a visual from back plate opening , wiping crank pin-conrod bushing oil free, and simply rocking flywheel back + forth feeling backlash. If not excessive nothing to be concerned with. Hope this helps
Old 08-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Adept

Ray.. You pinch my Speed p/s and it ran great for many many gallons and it has started to lose some compression.. Was wondering how many repinching could i get out of the p/s?
Old 08-18-2010, 02:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default No Answear of 1,2 or 3 times

Originally Posted by uwadockers
Ray.. You pinch my Speed p/s and it ran great for many many gallons and it has started to lose some compression.. Was wondering how many repinching could i get out of the p/s?
Shoot me an email [email protected]/reply here with an approx service date and allow me to pull your invoice to review "noted" level of resizing along with before + after dimensioning, referencing the sleeve-case geometrical fit. IMPORTANT. Hope it was in the last 6 months or so otherwise I'l be doing some digging. How many gallons total on your speed?
Old 08-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

reply here with an approx service date and allow me to pull your invoice to review
This is the reason there is no one else like Ray......

BTW...sent you a PM regarding yet another old S7...I'll never get enough of these old mills.

Last edited by cordarrow; 08-18-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Shoot me an email [email protected]/reply here with an approx service date and allow me to pull your invoice to review "noted" level of resizing along with before + after dimensioning, referencing the sleeve-case geometrical fit. IMPORTANT. Hope it was in the last 6 months or so otherwise I'l be doing some digging. How many gallons total on your speed?
Lol mate.. Can't recall the exact date but i'm sure it was sometime in Feb/Mar 10 thereabouts.. I'm Mohamad and my email is [email protected], hope this helps in your tracking.. After re-pinching, i was able to squeeze about 4 gallons or so.. Engine was like new but lately the idling is erratic due to lost compression.. Im so happy with your service that i sent 2 more OS p/s 2 weeks ago.. Cheers..
Old 08-18-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default got it

Originally Posted by uwadockers
Lol mate.. Can't recall the exact date but i'm sure it was sometime in Feb/Mar 10 thereabouts.. I'm Mohamad and my email is [email protected], hope this helps in your tracking.. After re-pinching, i was able to squeeze about 4 gallons or so.. Engine was like new but lately the idling is erratic due to lost compression.. Im so happy with your service that i sent 2 more OS p/s 2 weeks ago.. Cheers..
Why didn't you just say Mohamad From Singapore Found ya.

The set was serviced early Febuary had only been resized lightly 0.0002" from original size. I would have been apprehensive repeating a resizing the sleeve already altered 4 or 5 tenths.

Peace of cake , lots of room yet. Looking at the notes and that set was loose at windows and thru mid stroke. Make sure bearings and crankpin-rod bushing assembly is in reasonable shape.

Hope this helped
Old 08-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 235 (100%+)
Default ray

WOW!! How can you beat service like this. You cant. Sending you some soon,
Old 08-18-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teamlosi906
WOW!! How can you beat service like this. You cant. Sending you some soon,
Ray is the man when it comes to this stuff , i use him myself

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.