Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling >

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Like Tree15Likes

Rayaracing sleeve resizing and tooling

Old 08-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayA
Great, Should be cought up Wensday/Thursday with packages received after late last week. Was a nice vacation....Mama's happy

Feel free to text, email, or call me with Any questions guys
I bet life is good when Mama's happy!

Sounds good Ray, and No Rush on the EVO2 P&S (Just Shipped out this morning) It's a backup at this point.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thank You Ray

I had to put a post in here to tell Ray that whatever he is doing to re-condition sleeves is amazing. Ray the OS Speed's you did for me with the light pinch runs better now than they did new. I've used just about every re-size place I could find and I will not use anyon else but you. I used your break in procedure(a few tanks compared to others at least a gallon) and this thing is a monster with over a gallon thru it and compression high even at 220 right off the track. Thanks for the great work and quick turnaround. I hope to use you again soon but I think these motors are gonna run for awhile.

Thanks again
Old 08-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Loweredram
I had to put a post in here to tell Ray that whatever he is doing to re-condition sleeves is amazing. Ray the OS Speed's you did for me with the light pinch runs better now than they did new. I've used just about every re-size place I could find and I will not use anyon else but you. I used your break in procedure(a few tanks compared to others at least a gallon) and this thing is a monster with over a gallon thru it and compression high even at 220 right off the track. Thanks for the great work and quick turnaround. I hope to use you again soon but I think these motors are gonna run for awhile.

Thanks again
I am thinking either he knows voodoo or performing some black majic? ha ha...

At any rate he is the best in the business IMO... I have been using Ray for over 3 years now. Anyone else I tried to use before I started using ray, the piston would be junk after a tank, or the rod would snap from clamp pinching. or the rod bushing would just simply give up.

To think all the pistons and sleeve's I bought because I was so discouraged from getting a pinch. A friend of mine convinced me to try pinching again with rayaracing. Will never use anyone else now.. And I certainly will not spend the money to get a new piston and sleeve. Money well spent!

The way I see it, it allows me to spend my money on other things like nice ceramic bearings, and maybe a crank depending on the $$ of the crank or some other parts I may need for the rig. Pistons and sleeve's can run big $$$$. But at least I know when my engine goes back together I have confidence with Ray's resizing. Never a question
Old 08-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Sounds like this is the place to send my back up GRP piston and sleeve. They have about 3 gallons on them but the piston goes almost all the way up to the flush position in the sleeve, when cold. Engine still ran good but would "ghost flame" for no apparent reason sometimes. I'll get everything together and get it shipped out. Did I read something about a form that needs to be filled out?
Old 08-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Hate2Looz
Sounds like this is the place to send my back up GRP piston and sleeve. They have about 3 gallons on them but the piston goes almost all the way up to the flush position in the sleeve, when cold. Engine still ran good but would "ghost flame" for no apparent reason sometimes. I'll get everything together and get it shipped out. Did I read something about a form that needs to be filled out?
Trust me you will not regret it.

http://www.rayaracing.com/resizebuy3.htm
Old 08-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traxxasjunky
Trust me you will not regret it.

http://www.rayaracing.com/resizebuy3.htm
Plus 1

Ray is the originator of true resizing , ihavent seen anybody match what he does or even come close

Keep it up Ray

Btw , all my race engines have Raya racing piston/sleeve sets in them
Old 08-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default resizing and pinching

I have been using Ray for nearly 2 years now and haven't had a problem what so ever. The engine after break in, rip like there new! Ray has done 4 different engines for me and I will continue using him! o.s. speed, ninja, dynamite, extech 2. Ray is the real deal when it comes to the engine, I tell all my friends about Ray.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Ray is the man

there are many who copy but Ray goes above and beyond
Old 08-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Caught up today

Thanks Guys, The guys tooled by me are all doing pretty good too Not a bad report Too many engines out there for me to resize myself.

I appreciate the kind words from everyone. I especialy appreciate the performance resultes shared with me from guys like MONTY @ Houstons Engine Services, and ALL the racers communications with me. Its givin me areas to focus on this reconditioning-resizing process to achieve the best possible results. Thank You...Thank You!!

Kevin , Brian, Lenin, Lewis, Mohamad, Mark, Donnie, Greg, another kevin, Michael, John, Pedr,Klasten,Niels, Steve, Mike, Shannon, Sam, John, James is serviced and return shipped.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default racing resized engines

Originally Posted by houston
Plus 1

Ray is the originator of true resizing , ihavent seen anybody match what he does or even come close

Keep it up Ray

Btw , all my race engines have Raya racing piston/sleeve sets in them

I completed my Tool+Die apprenticeship in 1995, and what I had learned and experienced with metallurgy and alloy reconstruction has been pretty well utilized in this RC racing hobby + RC Nitro Engine Resizing...... I think. Ive been doing this for 8 plus years now, and can see me going Mabee another 8 or so years anyway. Each year it seems the ole man here is getting slower on the track though...hehe. Resizing is not rocket science. Eventually someone will get as good (likely sooner than later) and I am confident will be done with using my tooling design, experience holding tight tight tollerances, and having a feel for that nicely new designed tapered fit.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Ray, showed up yesterday.
Old 08-09-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Welcome

Originally Posted by donrod
Thanks Ray, showed up yesterday.
Your welcome Donnie,

Another busy Monday + Tuesday here Cleaning, Inspecting poor fits, Honing,deburring, polishing,cleaning one more time, resizing, inspecting finished work, and re-packaging. While testing + packaging tooling.

Allways good to call, text, or email me before Thursday evenning with any questions you may have. Please feel free guys
Old 08-09-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

Hey Ray got my picco P&S back Saturday thx for the speedy service!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default service

Originally Posted by traxxasjunky
Hey Ray got my picco P&S back Saturday thx for the speedy service!
Should run like a scalded dog. Thank You!!

RayAracing
Old 08-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Shipped

All orders shipped this morning. Todays resizing package deliverys servicing now and return ship along with Thursdays deliveries. I should have a 20-21 die set tested by weeks end.

Feel free to call me with any questions thru Thursday evenning. OFF Friday and Saturday this week. Thanks Guys

RayAracing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.