Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A >

Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Power House RC Engine Performance and ColdFusionFuel Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

congrats on the win guys cant wait to get my sons broke in now
Old 01-25-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats Mike. Good to here about the power the N21 is producing. Now really can't wait to see wat my P5 will do .

Motorama here I come.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 271 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PowerHouse
Great Run Michael!! I knew that little N21R Limited had something for the rest of the field. I love the story of you coming onto the straightaway 4-5 car lengths behind guys with engines that cost twice as much and having a 4-5 car length lead at the end of the straightaway. I will be sporting a N21R Limited myself at Motorama and I also have a feeling I won't be coming home with it either I never seem to get much time on engines because someone always seems to buy the engine right out of my car trackside
Thanks for the awesome power Mark. It was great passing the high dollar engines down the straight with my "little 3 port".

For the money guys you can't go wrong with a Modded N21R from Mark. I got my engine back from him just before this race and I was very impressed with the low end power. I used an Answer 3 shoe clutch with aluminum shoes and 1.0 springs , Novarossi 41021 header, 9853SS Pipe, and the motor flat out hauls. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to use the 3 port outdoors but after what I saw this weekend the 3 port will be just fine on the larger outdoor tracks.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default moding

What angle do i need to sit a crank at to feel it with high temp silicon i heard a 45 degree angle ? I thought u may know and would mind giving help iv been moding my own motors for over a year with great results. I thought i tryed a filled crank out. And can you tell me what well Help an Hurt Runtime as far as moding. Thanks Speedy
Old 01-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speedyrob
What angle do i need to sit a crank at to feel it with high temp silicon i heard a 45 degree angle ? I thought u may know and would mind giving help iv been moding my own motors for over a year with great results. I thought i tryed a filled crank out. And can you tell me what well Help an Hurt Runtime as far as moding. Thanks Speedy

I am in business and doing very well because of what I have learned and experimented with over the years. I have an extensive background in mechanical engineering, aerodynamics and hydrodynamics. I have helped a few people in the past and they tried to go into business to compete with me. I am still here and they are not and there is a reason for that. With all due respect, you are on your own. You can experiment with things and see what you get but as far as me giving you step by step instructions as how to do it, that isn't going to happen. Sorry dude, been burned in the past and they all said the same thing, I am just doing it for fun and next the thing I know, they are competition.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am in business and doing very well because of what I have learned and experimented with over the years. I have an extensive background in mechanical engineering, aerodynamics and hydrodynamics. I have helped a few people in the past and they tried to go into business to compete with me. I am still here and they are not and there is a reason for that. With all due respect, you are on your own. You can experiment with things and see what you get but as far as me giving you step by step instructions as how to do it, that isn't going to happen. Sorry dude, been burned in the past and they all said the same thing, I am just doing it for fun and next the thing I know, they are competition.
I went thru the exact same thing..... I don't tell anyone anything anymore...if they want to know what I do to the engines they can buy one of my modifieds.....
Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael#81
Thanks for the awesome power Mark. It was great passing the high dollar engines down the straight with my "little 3 port".

For the money guys you can't go wrong with a Modded N21R from Mark. I got my engine back from him just before this race and I was very impressed with the low end power. I used an Answer 3 shoe clutch with aluminum shoes and 1.0 springs , Novarossi 41021 header, 9853SS Pipe, and the motor flat out hauls. I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to use the 3 port outdoors but after what I saw this weekend the 3 port will be just fine on the larger outdoor tracks.
What were you getting for run times?
Old 01-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Maximo
I went thru the exact same thing..... I don't tell anyone anything anymore...if they want to know what I do to the engines they can buy one of my modifieds.....
That's what one guy did. He bought a couple engines and started to copy the work and found out the hard way that each engine is different. He thought he could just time every engine off the one I did for him so needless to say, he had alot of engines that didn't run very well.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
What were you getting for run times?
Michael told me he was getting 9:30 during breakin. The engine hasn't broken in fully yet so we will have to wait and see what it gets as he goes.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mark and Ron,
First outing Sunday with the Nova an CFF, both ran great all day. Did have to chase the tune some because there was alot of moisture in the air and the temps were all over the place not the same for 2 hours LOL. Mark last year same club race was only getting 7-8 laps in quals, Sunday was getting 9-10 big difference. Did not have any flame outs but in the main had a young kid marshall me (my fault for flipping over lol) but he heard someone say hes broke talking about another buggy but the kid thought it was mine and plugged the exhaust when he picked me up . I was in 3rd at the time, so it took several laps to get back in to it so I just cruised the rest of the main and only 1 pit stop in the 20 min main. Couldnt be mad at the kid he made a mistake and it was only a club race so no problem.
The point is engine from Mark and fuel from Ron are a great combination, Thanks guys for such great products
Old 01-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I just pulled apart my OS Speed engine that has 7.5 gallons on it and has only had Cold Fusion 30% Magic blend in it. Heres what the piston, sleeve and rod look like. The engine still has plenty of pop and when cold it still has good compression (it still passes the 3 o'clock test too) CFF has been very good to this engine. Take a look.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

you have sold me on it frank, lets get that order together
Old 01-26-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smokinu
you have sold me on it frank, lets get that order together
Smoke I just put an order in but I think the CVR guys are ordering soon, so if you can hold off for a few weeks Ill order it all at once. If you need a gallon to hold you over I think I will have an extra one by next race at DRC. All I did to the P/S/R/ & crank is wipe them with a paper towel. I was impressed too.
Old 01-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey guys... Thought I should share my experience with Mark... Friend of mine needed his crankshaft's silicone ramp remade (a modded crank) and had another crankshaft (stock) modified for him.

I contacted Mark and he was glad to help out. The first thing I told him was that the modded crankshaft was the key component of making his engine alive. And I also told him that I needed the stock crankshaft modified like that one but I also stated "Do whatever you want with it, you have my trust".

Thats exactly what Mark did. Last race in December, my friend used the already modded crankshaft. As always, the engine was a bullet. This past weekend, my friend used Mark's crankshaft. And guys, no one was able to take him on any place in the track. I have to say, my friend took TQ this past weekend, and we had top factory racers from the state so competition was rough.

On behalf of my friend, we would like to say thank you Mark. It couldn't have been accomplished without the horsepower we achieved through the crankshaft. You have surely won over another customer with your work!

Oh yeah... Did I mention the best part?? My friend was running a discontinued Ninja MR12 engine whose street cost is no higher than $175. Everyone else in the A Main were running $350++ top of the line engines.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Adept

SORRY NO DISRESPECT Could you give me a ANGLE i dont want STEP BY STEP instruction just a simple angle. I do all my own testing i didnt think that was to big of a ???? to ask. Im sorry if i have Pissed you off in any way. Not out to make money im out to make my Self Smile proving i can do it on my ON. Speedy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.