Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Werks Power Clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 03:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hey Ron i got a Werks Power Clutch from a friend i would like to try in on my MUGEN MBX6 buggy but he Lost the Nut can i just buy the Nut are do i need to buy the hole Clutch just to get the Nut.
Old 06-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
Hey Ron i got a Werks Power Clutch from a friend i would like to try in on my MUGEN MBX6 buggy but he Lost the Nut can i just buy the Nut are do i need to buy the hole Clutch just to get the Nut.
You can buy the flywheel nut here:

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ing-Clutch-Nut

They are showing back ordered right now but I think that we are sending them some next week.

Regards,

Ron
Old 06-12-2010, 04:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

THANKS Ron
Old 06-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

"I can tell you though that none of our components are interchangeable with any clutch system that is currently on the market."

Ron, just wanted to clarify if you were speaking about the new clutch coming out or the Werks 4 shoe clutch that is on the market now? I ask because I have the Werks clutch and the Fironie clutch and the parts fit into either clutch. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dayglo33
"I can tell you though that none of our components are interchangeable with any clutch system that is currently on the market."

Ron, just wanted to clarify if you were speaking about the new clutch coming out or the Werks 4 shoe clutch that is on the market now? I ask because I have the Werks clutch and the Fironie clutch and the parts fit into either clutch. Thanks.
I was talking about the new clutch 4 shoe scissor style clutch that we are coming out with. Regarding Fioroni adjustable clutch parts fitting into the Power Clutch, that's interesting I did not know that! We were first to market with this style adjustable clutch and have been selling these since roughly '03 or '04 so I guess they copied us lol. Orion also came out with a very similar type of clutch a couple of years ago except it was a 6 shoe version, worked exactly the same. In a nutshell though that is how this market goes, some one comes up with an idea and if it works others adopt it. It's the same with engines, we were the first company to ship production motors with cooling heads drilled for lightening, now every one does it. If you want to stay out in front you have to continuously refine your products!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i used to run the werks 4 shoe in my mugen. i liked it. once i had it tuned to my liking it was perfect. i run the ascendency clutch now. i really don't think it's better. i run it because i bought a lot of new stuff so i put it on.

it's easier to change the shoes in the works. it's easier to make adjustments. some may not like this but it's lighter also.

i still have my werks clutch.
hmmm
Old 06-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Werks
... Regarding Fioroni adjustable clutch parts fitting into the Power Clutch, that's interesting I did not know that! We were first to market with this style adjustable clutch and have been selling these since roughly '03 or '04 so I guess they copied us lol ... It's the same with engines, we were the first company to ship production motors with cooling heads drilled for lightening, now every one does it ...
Hi Ron,
maybe your memory need a refresh:

1) Fioroni "Power Clutch" OT-FR60 & FR66 was on the market in 2002, then some Italian competitor companies (you know very well) copy us and sell these as OEM product to Werks and some others in the world for cheap ... that's why our clutch parts are interchangeable with yours ...

2) Fioroni was the FIRST to make Motor Cooling Heads drilled for lightening, also for Werks: OEM with Fioroni own design and just laser engraved for Werks ...

3) Fioroni is FIRST in design for 15 years now: innovative Clutch System, Motor Head, Split Differential Mount and many others option parts that now are STOCK in buggy standard production ...

Everytime we make INNOVATIVE parts the OTHERS copy Fioroni not viceversa!

Have a nice day and sorry for my english,

Vittorio
Option Team by Fioroni
Old 06-21-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Well I surely didn't mean to start that! LOL. I don't know who was first, but when you have a good product, others are going to make something similar.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Picked up a werks racing power clutch (moster truck version) Only dif. is it has the dust cover shaved off to fit bigger engines...
It also, only comes with 1-normal spring....should work just fine...

Tower hobby had it close out for 40$...

I will be using it on my Hyper 8 and a odonell ss.21...
Not sure if I will be able to run it untill next spring though...

THe weather has pretty much turned to winter...
LAMEOOO
Old 10-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This might be the wrong thread but my question is about the new werks pro clutch 4 shoe system. I pm'd Ron but didn't get a positive answer since i guess this clutch is so new. I would like a factual answer, not a guess please. Will the losi clutchbell using the 5x13mm inside bearing work with this clutch?
Old 11-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Well all i know is that i love all 4 of my werks clutches.No more broken springs! Super smooth and consistent everytime.Once i got that nut to stop moving on me it's been smooth sailing every sense.I run them in my Truggy's .And they kick a**
Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blacksunshine
Well all i know is that i love all 4 of my werks clutches.No more broken springs! Super smooth and consistent everytime.Once i got that nut to stop moving on me it's been smooth sailing every sense.I run them in my Truggy's .And they kick a**
I will be driving MBX6T next season, and am keen on getting a better clutch.
The engine will be a MG66, When looking at the amain site it lists options as light, medium, hard.
What is this in relation too?
On my track I need smooth power for most of it, except for 1 large jump straight after a tight corner, it is possable to take this jump as a triple (fatster) if you can get the power down quick enough.
What option would be my best choice?
I currently run the same engine in a XB8TQ buggy with Xray alloy 3 shoe 1.0mm spring set up, I can take the triple in this configuration.

Thanks for feedback.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been using this clutch on my 1/8 GT on road cars. Have used the carbon shoes mostly. Experimented with the teflon/carbon shoe mix, but the 4 carbon shoes seem to hook up better.
I also have one of the Fioroni clutches, yes the parts are interchangeable.
But the Fioroni clutch has two different tension adj. nut designs. One is a 10mm hex style, the other is smooth with one cutout for holding the nut. I had to modify a standard clutch spring tool to turn it.

The current Werks adj. nut with the internal rubber ring seems to stay in position better.

Has anyone used the Rulon clutch shoes?
Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CurveTracer
I have been using this clutch on my 1/8 GT on road cars. Have used the carbon shoes mostly. Experimented with the teflon/carbon shoe mix, but the 4 carbon shoes seem to hook up better.
I also have one of the Fioroni clutches, yes the parts are interchangeable.
But the Fioroni clutch has two different tension adj. nut designs. One is a 10mm hex style, the other is smooth with one cutout for holding the nut. I had to modify a standard clutch spring tool to turn it.

The current Werks adj. nut with the internal rubber ring seems to stay in position better.

Has anyone used the Rulon clutch shoes?
You are talking about our Power Clutch not the new Pro Clutch which a traditional 4 shoe clutch set up which this thread is about. Regarding the adjusting nut for the Pro Clutch we offered the external adjusting nut for the first 4 years or so that we sold the Pro Clutch and discontinued it due to lack of demand. As far as the Rulon shoes are concerned they are going to give you a lot more bite (so less slip on the clutch) as they are the softest material that we offer for the Pro Clutch. You will however see increased wear compared to the carbons, just and fyi.

Regards,

Ron
Old 12-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Lol, actually it looks like I'm the one that got confused about the threads so my apologies about that! Let me know if I covered the info that you were looking for in my previous post??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.