Novarossi Plus 21-7FMS

Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default Novarossi Plus 21-7FMS

Anyone with info on this new engine from Novarossi please chime in. I'm very interested on this mill for my next truggy. Thanks in advance.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...+plus+21-7+fms
Old 10-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poppin Fresh View Post
Anyone with info on this new engine from Novarossi please chime in. I'm very interested on this mill for my next truggy. Thanks in advance.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...+plus+21-7+fms

PF

I have this engine and it is a very solid looking unit. i will be using and testung it in the xray buggy.

It is turbo plug, 14.5mm crank with 2 slug weights, and black oxide coated on the end of the crank.

good size center bore and the R7 conrod, rear ceramic, and reverse side idle screw carb.

smaller cooling head that has been drilled.

The exaust is tri port, it has 6 transfers and 1 boost on the sleeve.

The headunit is a vibration reducing system on the head button same as the 367, and it also used the plus 2 case.

again a very good looking NR engine, can't wait to start it up.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

talked to jim about them yesterday , hopefully i can get a test engine so i can have a little more insight on these . jim assures me that these are badass !!!! i just have to test them for myself he said they loved them at worlds , just had some bad luck with drivers and tech's . big tip fopr ya , dont rush when getting ready for your race
Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

I have a 421BX in my Xray truggy and it throws the car around like a rag doll. Mind you that the Xray truggy is like a tank! I hope it's just like that but with better run times.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Speaking of Novas, what the heck is this critter here?

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/xcga...621&fullsize=1

Seems to have made its debut at the worlds, but didn't make a significant impression. I really like the spiffy new look of it though.
Old 10-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

is the best words to describe the fms and the plus 4, i had a chance to try a fms in my rc8 and a plus 4 in a losi 8, i dont want to start any drama but most serious racers know that the vspec speed is a very fast, easy to tune etc,etc, but the fms is way faster yet kinda of smooth, but it hits hard, dosnt make sense but you will see when you guys buy one, A+A+A+A+A+A+A+, the plus 4 is super smooth i call it a 2 speed engine, why? cause its very very very smooth power band than all of a sudden hits nitrous down the straight away, i dont have a rader gun but i can tell you both are the fastest buggys down the straight away with these motors, so a long story short i think the fms would be perfect in a truggy or some one that likes to much horspower in a buggy, the plus 4 is good for slippery tracks with long straight aways, either motor you buy you will have on your faces LOL, as far as run time bringing a stop watch to the track on thursday for excact run time, im thinking 8-10 mins easy......

btw im not gonna argue with anyone saying which brand of motors are the fastest or best one but the nova are gonna be back on top of my list

dont forget these nova motors take at least 1 gallon to break in .........

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

enough said................
Old 10-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nobike View Post
WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW

is the best words to describe the fms and the plus 4, i had a chance to try a fms in my rc8 and a plus 4 in a losi 8, i dont want to start any drama but most serious racers know that the vspec speed is a very fast, easy to tune etc,etc, but the fms is way faster yet kinda of smooth, but it hits hard, dosnt make sense but you will see when you guys buy one, A+A+A+A+A+A+A+, the plus 4 is super smooth i call it a 2 speed engine, why? cause its very very very smooth power band than all of a sudden hits nitrous down the straight away, i dont have a rader gun but i can tell you both are the fastest buggys down the straight away with these motors, so a long story short i think the fms would be perfect in a truggy or some one that likes to much horspower in a buggy, the plus 4 is good for slippery tracks with long straight aways, either motor you buy you will have on your faces LOL, as far as run time bringing a stop watch to the track on thursday for excact run time, im thinking 8-10 mins easy......

btw im not gonna argue with anyone saying which brand of motors are the fastest or best one but the nova are gonna be back on top of my list

dont forget these nova motors take at least 1 gallon to break in .........

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

enough said................
NOBIKE, on the FMS let me know what you end up with on the pipe selection and restrictor. I'm breaking mine in this weekend, the P4 is sweet looking to
Old 10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

where can you get these?? I cant seem to find them anywhere
Old 10-08-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gtsum View Post
where can you get these?? I cant seem to find them anywhere
amain has them i think, not 100% sure though
Old 10-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/28940
Old 10-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

nice..I was just on amain filling up by cart and did not even see them..thanks!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so how would this engine compare to the 821B? I'm wanting to use the 821B for truggy and I've been hesitant about purchasing cause I'm not sure how the engines will perform.

thanx guys.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 163 (100%+)

the 821b is a really good choice for truggy, i found it was to much power for the buggy, it pulls hard on the bottom and keeps going on the top
Old 10-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

S821B + 1.1 clutch springs + 9853 pipe and short smooth flow header = BALLISTIC!
Old 10-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by air8 View Post
so how would this engine compare to the 821B? I'm wanting to use the 821B for truggy and I've been hesitant about purchasing cause I'm not sure how the engines will perform.

thanx guys.
i use the 821b since it came out in all my buggys and truggys, it ((was)) novas fastest motor out, but sorry to say the FMS and plus 4 make it feel like a rtr motor.............

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.