Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
New Novarossi .21 offroad Plus 4 >

New Novarossi .21 offroad Plus 4

New Novarossi .21 offroad Plus 4

Old 04-26-2010, 07:42 PM
  #2821  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,780
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

one more thing, for a company that produce some of the greatest micro engines in the world, their technical supports sure suck! why won't they put in more effort into providing technical support for their products, they could hire Monty
ganymede is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 10:02 PM
  #2822  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,844
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ganymede
one more thing, for a company that produce some of the greatest micro engines in the world, their technical supports sure suck! why won't they put in more effort into providing technical support for their products, they could hire Monty
The big team players do pretty well at keeping the average joe racer running fairly well , if they aren't willing to help if and when they actually have a chance to do so then send an email to novarossi and let them know. If they do something to impress you do the same thing please . The american and the italian culture definitely have their differences
houston is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 PM
  #2823  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
hyper9boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

thanks

Last edited by hyper9boy; 04-27-2010 at 05:09 AM.
hyper9boy is offline  
Old 04-26-2010, 11:52 PM
  #2824  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,844
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hyper9boy
hey houston
i got a old factory (sealed back plate) novarossi plus4
not saying how i got it , but this is what i fouynd inside the motor

crank is totally different to the production plus 4 crank the tunnel up the guts of the crank is much smaller diamitter that a production crank aswell as having different cuts.

the sleeve is exeactly the same but the piston is a dome top (same as onroad nova 21)

casses are the same

can u tell me what the smaller tunnel in the crank will do to the powerband and consumtion houston

thanks
do u happen to be from around revelations raceway?
houston is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:09 AM
  #2825  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,780
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by houston
The big team players do pretty well at keeping the average joe racer running fairly well , if they aren't willing to help if and when they actually have a chance to do so then send an email to novarossi and let them know. If they do something to impress you do the same thing please . The american and the italian culture definitely have their differences
for a starter, if they have a detail write up on breaking in and tuning, we won't have 5000 pages of the same question...

better yet, if they can come up with a video then it will be golden!!!
ganymede is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:41 AM
  #2826  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 111
Default q

what venturi size do most of u use on the nova plus 4 ?
crosten is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 12:47 AM
  #2827  
Tech Master
iTrader: (9)
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

6mm or 6.5mm in buggy,

i ran 6mm in my buggy and 8mm in truggy

cheers

Ali
KWT-NITRO is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 02:07 AM
  #2828  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (30)
 
Funking-Awesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Adelaide - Australia
Posts: 4,799
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hyper9boy
hey houston
i got a old factory (sealed back plate) novarossi plus4
not saying how i got it , but this is what i fouynd inside the motor

crank is totally different to the production plus 4 crank the tunnel up the guts of the crank is much smaller diamitter that a production crank aswell as having different cuts.

the sleeve is exeactly the same but the piston is a dome top (same as onroad nova 21)

casses are the same

can u tell me what the smaller tunnel in the crank will do to the powerband and consumtion houston

thanks
Originally Posted by houston
do u happen to be from around revelations raceway?
Houston you are thinking what i am thinking.
Funking-Awesome is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 02:33 AM
  #2829  
Tech Master
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,780
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

ganymede is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 02:40 AM
  #2830  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
hyper9boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

hey guys
no definatly not from over there boys, and no im not a theif,
please any info on how u think it will change the tune ect, ive ran plus 4 motors for awhile now


get the moderates to check my details i just want info boys
hyper9boy is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 03:43 AM
  #2831  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 6
Default

Originally Posted by hyper9boy
hey guys
no definatly not from over there boys, and no im not a theif,
please any info on how u think it will change the tune ect, ive ran plus 4 motors for awhile now


get the moderates to check my details i just want info boys
Hi Hyper9boy,

Is it possible to have a picture of the crank to see the differences with the stock one.
Thanks.
fred58 is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 04:00 AM
  #2832  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 132
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fred58
Hi Hyper9boy,

Is it possible to have a picture of the crank to see the differences with the stock one.
Thanks.
Why not post with your original account?
Carld is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 05:01 AM
  #2833  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
hyper9boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 341
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

nice one LOL
hyper9boy is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 AM
  #2834  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
kgombe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,491
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

post picts.. lets see it....
kgombe is offline  
Old 04-27-2010, 05:40 AM
  #2835  
Tech Master
iTrader: (52)
 
Tate72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,144
Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pickle311
Yes, that would be fine.


I finally got to really run my +4C for the first time this weekend and I can't express how happy I am with the motor. Plenty of power for my truggy running an 053 pipe and excellent run times. I ran a full tank and timed it, got 11:50 out of the tank with the 7mm venturi and it temped at 220. I don't think it gets any better than that. There were people standing there in disbelief that I was getting right at 12 minutes in a truggy, on a crazy slick track at that.

Thanks, I can't wait to run mine and see what it's like. I'm thinkin of putting my V-spec in the box for the back up and use my +4c.
Tate72 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.