R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   RADICAL and OPS Engines (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/234956-radical-ops-engines.html)

rccarracer15 07-31-2008 03:04 PM

RADICAL and OPS Engines

Guess what, they are back! Many thought these motors would never come stateside again but now they are back in two forms.

First the Radical motors are now in stock through www.gotnitroonline.com. Those who have tried the 621P or 621T, they will tell your that they were the most amazing motors that they ever had, like modded engines right out of the box. Just looking at the sleeve, you could see just how aggressive the porting was.

Additionally, the OPS line of engines can be found at http://tkocompetitiondev.com/shop/in...p?cPath=38_113. These were originally sold through Nternational Nitro and many swore by there performance. Pick these up and you will be more than pleased. I will be bying more than one this time as they were impossible to find as of a couple months ago.

DPowers 07-31-2008 03:13 PM

i have run both of these motor i will say they are some of the best i have ever run very reliable i would pretty much say a wory free motor if they are broke in right.

rccarracer15 07-31-2008 03:34 PM

Ya, seriously, these motors are amazing. Many people stayed away because they did not know anything about the brand as it was not as established as OS, RB and Nova. What they did not know was that OPS had been making motors for the european market for around 25 years and many believe that they made the best plane and marine engines. They came to the US a number of years ago and made a big splash around the club racing crowd. They were fast, reliable, easy to tune, sounded like no other engine and in my opinion, they looked really cool. Now they are back and hopefully just as good if not better than before. No one knows why they went away for sure. Some say that the factory relocated and had to halt production for a time. You never know, they may show up on Amain again! I am really looking forward to this new batch! If anyone has experience with the 2008 versions, please give your opinions.

mfroot 07-31-2008 03:59 PM

I have never had any dealings with them they look good how many gallons can you get out of them and are they .21s

rccarracer15 07-31-2008 04:44 PM

I have heard stories that these motors can last around 10 to 13 gallons without a rebuild! Yes they are 21's but I believe that there is a .28 as well.

Gotnitro2 07-31-2008 05:34 PM

Radical is back

Glad to hear the excitment guys. I have sent one of the motors into Car Action for their review. I will be providing more information and pictures on my site as soon as possible.

Davidka 07-31-2008 07:27 PM

There was a Fantom labeled version of these too (FR21 06 I think?), it sold for something like $219 too. As well regarded as these were among those who used them (I have heard of a few lemmons though) you would think the Fantom would be hugely popular at that price.

rccarracer15 07-31-2008 08:17 PM

Thats right. Fantom did have an OPS based motor, but no one could ever find it for sale and the Radicals were for sale cheap on Amain.

Matthew.H 07-31-2008 09:59 PM

i ran the ops and it ran very well i may have to get a new one :sneaky:

lockmouth 08-01-2008 05:59 AM

Does anyone have a turbo button for the .28??? I'm also looking for a couple rods. I really need the turbo button for the .28 :nod:

[email protected]

fastboy 08-01-2008 07:11 AM

contact Dave Simpson [email protected] and im sure he will be able to help you out.

lockmouth 08-01-2008 07:52 AM

Already have.... waiting on a reply ;)

tofst4uvette 08-01-2008 09:37 AM

Did you see the price of the 621t? 350.00plus shipping!!!
I paid 280.00 last year.
awesome moter pulls my mugen 5t with no problem never realy touvhed a needle on it. runs all day long.

rccarracer15 08-01-2008 04:51 PM

Ya, the price has gone up, but I believe that they include the venturi carb, which was an option on the previous engine. The carb alone was like $60 so the prices has not really gone up that much.

rccarracer15 08-01-2008 04:57 PM

Looking more into the price. Gonitroonline has the Radical version that comes with the venturi carb that used to be an option on the old motor, for $350. TKO Comp. Develop. has the OPS version (identical to the Radical with different badging). This does not include the venturi carb so the price is $290. The carb was a $60 option (I would know i bought it). So the prices are exactly the same as they were before:)