Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Truggy pipe and header favorites please >

Truggy pipe and header favorites please

Like Tree16Likes

Truggy pipe and header favorites please

Old 08-04-2023, 06:42 AM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 92
Talking Truggy pipe and header favorites please

Truggy pipe and header favorites please

Im looking for power more than runtime. Either OS or Nova based engines I run.

I don't care about exhaust brand, just list anything you have loved for truggy.

Thanks
nitro coffee is offline  
Old 08-04-2023, 06:55 AM
  #2  
Tech Lord
 
Roelof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland
Posts: 12,319
Default

There is no specific truggy header/pipe all is engine related.
Roelof is offline  
Old 08-04-2023, 09:14 AM
  #3  
Tech Master
 
petersen114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas, Unfortunately
Posts: 1,481
Default

Originally Posted by nitro coffee
Truggy pipe and header favorites please

Im looking for power more than runtime. Either OS or Nova based engines I run.

I don't care about exhaust brand, just list anything you have loved for truggy.

Thanks
It usually depends on the track. The only thing I run is Truggy. For my Ultimate M5S (OS based) I have 2 pipe/ header combos that I use. Mainly a 2141 and the header that comes w/ the pipe or I'll use a Protek 2090 w/ a 75mm header both on medium size tracks. for smaller tracks I use a Ultimate MSX w/ the 2141 pipe. When I was using Novarossi engine I used a 9901 and either a 41021 or a 41031 header depending on the track.
kgombe, sn47som1 and nitro coffee like this.
petersen114 is offline  
Old 08-11-2023, 09:34 PM
  #4  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: S.Fl
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

All engines respond differently to different pipes but the ol’ 41032/9886 seems to be a ripper on everything. The 41032 Medium and long are awesome too . The Ielasi gtr is incredible on a few engines I have tested. 41031 w the 9886 or Asm 2171 is a good one . I recently ran the Max Power 2164 with their “long” manifold that comes with the pipeset on a Roma and it was shockingly good . Immediate trigger response and power and revs galore , funny is I ran that on a gt engine and it made the bottom end and even mid quite soft with a massive hit up top that made my buggy carry the front wheels for 20 feet at 35mph lol . Snatch up the 2164 /Max Long GT you will love it
nitro coffee likes this.

Last edited by NitroPhene; 09-02-2023 at 05:09 PM.
NitroPhene is offline  
Old 09-27-2023, 12:33 PM
  #5  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Posts: 92
Default

Originally Posted by NitroPhene
All engines respond differently to different pipes but the ol’ 41032/9886 seems to be a ripper on everything. The 41032 Medium and long are awesome too . The Ielasi gtr is incredible on a few engines I have tested. 41031 w the 9886 or Asm 2171 is a good one . I recently ran the Max Power 2164 with their “long” manifold that comes with the pipeset on a Roma and it was shockingly good . Immediate trigger response and power and revs galore , funny is I ran that on a gt engine and it made the bottom end and even mid quite soft with a massive hit up top that made my buggy carry the front wheels for 20 feet at 35mph lol . Snatch up the 2164 /Max Long GT you will love it
how are the ielasi pipes compared to an OS 2090? Im looking to get a 2090 hearing a lot of good things. I want to run it on a long header. Im looking for different header choices. I have the 41032 so don't really need the same header (gtr ielasi). I have a 41032 but dont know if its medium or long. The dont label it- just says 41032.

The hard coat 2186 buggy truggy exhaust from Ielasi looks funky but really nice. Have you tried it?
nitro coffee is offline  
Old 09-30-2023, 01:41 AM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Quinby south Carolina
Posts: 1,781
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Throw a 2035 on it. I get them from reedy on eBay. Nasty pipe.
petersen114 and stanleyw808 like this.
Matt Piva is offline  
Old 10-16-2023, 01:00 PM
  #7  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 18
Default

Hi buddy.

85mm or 90mm header from O.S.

2090 pipe. Now called the TB02

This is the winning combo in my eyes. The TY 110% also come in this configuration out of the box. Absolutely epic power.


Originally Posted by nitro coffee
Truggy pipe and header favorites please

Im looking for power more than runtime. Either OS or Nova based engines I run.

I don't care about exhaust brand, just list anything you have loved for truggy.

Thanks
sn47som1 likes this.
Razenzo is offline  
Old 10-18-2023, 09:16 AM
  #8  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: S.Fl
Posts: 109
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I have ran the 2090 in the past with a 75mm manifold and it was ok in my book. I ran it on a modded Spec 2 in a buggy and it was not bad but it inflated the midrange spike of that engine. The 2186 is a great pipe setup, I have ran it on a Muran B2104 and its an awesome all round pipe, amazing trigger feel and great overall power top to bottom and it sounds amazing..kinda like the 2013 but a bit smoother sound. Remember each pipe set will run different on each engine . As far as your 41032, if it doesn't have a M or L on it you have the standard. For truggy the Max 2164/Max GT L manifold is just amazing on a Roma and I'd suspect a Nova 28-7-8. The 41032/9886 or even the Hipex 2034 always performs better than most other combos.If you want low end snap and a decent top end and I mean decnet not a screamer the Picco 2046 or the RCR 2148 which I think is the same pipeset.If any pipeset pulls the wheels from a low speed throttle squeeze is that one.
Are you racing a truggy or are you ripping around and trying to extract as much power as possible ? Unfortunately you cant have your cake and eat it too so you ahve to decided what you want .
NitroPhene is offline  
Old 10-18-2023, 12:48 PM
  #9  
Tech Adept
 
Blaster1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 140
Default

OS based engines we run the Ultimate 2141 in buggy on most outdoor tracks/2142 on bigger, high bite indoor events. Truggy most times the Ultimate 2142
Blaster1 is offline  
Old 11-27-2023, 09:24 PM
  #10  
Tech Apprentice
 
kruzracing169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 57
Default

Originally Posted by petersen114
.............. When I was using Novarossi engine I used a 9901 and either a 41021 or a 41031 header depending on the track.
Which novarossi motor were you running with this pipe and headers?
petersen114 likes this.
kruzracing169 is offline  
Old 11-27-2023, 11:32 PM
  #11  
Tech Master
iTrader: (81)
 
Goof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Spokane wa
Posts: 1,293
Trader Rating: 81 (99%+)
Default

It's been while..but I loved a 2096 with long 41005 header for nova I have 1 more to i just can't think of it

Lrp zz / 93 screamers r monsters
Rd2 /2060 for os
Hipex 2135/ L50
All good truck combos 4 me
sn47som1 likes this.
Goof is offline  
Old 11-28-2023, 03:34 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
 
petersen114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Arkansas, Unfortunately
Posts: 1,481
Default

Originally Posted by kruzracing169
Which novarossi motor were you running with this pipe and headers?
P5XLT, P5XLT-16-19, Keep Off, Plus 21, Mantra, etc. Even the Legend 25 responded well with the 9901/ 41031.
petersen114 is offline  
Old 12-05-2023, 10:05 AM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
OffRoadJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: California
Posts: 4,277
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

The pipe you use depends on the track. The more you are wide open, the longer the stinger and header. Shorter tracks, you would want a shorter header and stinger. It's all about the timing of the back pressure to the cylinder.
OffRoadJunkie is offline  
Old 12-06-2023, 01:18 AM
  #14  
Tech Regular
 
stanleyw808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 498
Default

Hello OffRoadJunkie,

As far as I know, shorter Manifold will provide more Top End, while longer Manifold will provide more Torque.

Cheers..

Originally Posted by OffRoadJunkie
The pipe you use depends on the track. The more you are wide open, the longer the stinger and header. Shorter tracks, you would want a shorter header and stinger. It's all about the timing of the back pressure to the cylinder.
stanleyw808 is online now  
Old 12-06-2023, 10:13 AM
  #15  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (9)
 
OffRoadJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: California
Posts: 4,277
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello OffRoadJunkie,

As far as I know, shorter Manifold will provide more Top End, while longer Manifold will provide more Torque.

Cheers..

You got me confused there for a second, then I realized what I wrote. Yes, you are correct. I was smoking the good stuff when I typed out my response and had I it in reverse. I meant to say what you did. basically, it depends on your motors RPM sweet spot. The sonic back pressure needs to be timed just right.

OffRoadJunkie is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.