Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
WTH Has happened to PICCO for the USA ? >

WTH Has happened to PICCO for the USA ?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Robert Ronas

WTH Has happened to PICCO for the USA ?

Old 11-30-2022, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WTH Has happened to PICCO for the USA ?

Been away for a minute ...

Cant seem to find anyone carrying PICCO product stateside New or NOS parts etc.

Did Picco suffer the same fate as NovaRossi ? - and what really happened to them btw ... I just see they are essentially no more.
Old 11-30-2022, 04:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RC1 Racing Sworkz Picco Infinity (rc1-racing.com)
LOW ET likes this.
Old 11-30-2022, 09:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Picco Micromotori website still works. There's just very little demand for European nitro engines outside of Europe itself because they're so much more expensive than Taiwanese nitro engines nowadays.
Old 11-30-2022, 11:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalTazer View Post
Been away for a minute ...

Cant seem to find anyone carrying PICCO product stateside New or NOS parts etc.

Did Picco suffer the same fate as NovaRossi ? - and what really happened to them btw ... I just see they are essentially no more.
I just picked up a new picco engine from RC1 racing. They are around, just not as popular as other engines out there. Personally I think their quality control is not the same as some other brands. And then lack of inventory and parts compared to say OS, they just will never be that popular. The motors rip though.
Old 12-01-2022, 12:08 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
The Picco Micromotori website still works. There's just very little demand for European nitro engines outside of Europe itself because they're so much more expensive than Taiwanese nitro engines nowadays.
Step out of your basher world and start thinking like a racer on this. Picco is producing for both worlds engines but mainly for racing. Problem with them is that they are affordable but out of the box not competive with the many OS (based) engines.
Old 12-01-2022, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The micro racing engine selection has not been the same for a long time now. It used to be you could spend 225.00 USD and get a great racing engine. And their was several choices to make ie Picco, Novarossi, REX, TOP, Ofna, Werks, etc. Now it seems that OS and Reds are about all you can get these days that is any good or readily available. I hope that another mfg can show up and once again offer a more affordable and reliable engine that isn't 500.00.
Old 12-03-2022, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67 View Post
The micro racing engine selection has not been the same for a long time now. It used to be you could spend 225.00 USD and get a great racing engine. And their was several choices to make ie Picco, Novarossi, REX, TOP, Ofna, Werks, etc. Now it seems that OS and Reds are about all you can get these days that is any good or readily available. I hope that another mfg can show up and once again offer a more affordable and reliable engine that isn't 500.00.
Not sure why everyone is sleep on BULLITT/FX Engines.... Great reliability, runtime, power and powerband. Picco still makes good engines. But I am sure they spend the majority of their time manufacturing for REDS. Reno Savoya still competes on the highest level with PICCO engines. They are World Champions in on road in the last 5 years.
Old 12-07-2022, 10:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Step out of your basher world and start thinking like a racer on this. Picco is producing for both worlds engines but mainly for racing. Problem with them is that they are affordable but out of the box not competive with the many OS (based) engines.
Racers have to pay for engines too, except for a tiny handful who are sponsored. If you haven't noticed the discussions here and elsewhere about Taiwanese engines being used for racing on a budget, you're hopelessly elitist.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

It's not like it used to be with Taiwanese engines, not since Go went under back in 2015 or 2016. Back then you could readily get competitive Go and Alpha engines for very competitive prices. Go went under and Alpha distributorship mostly died off although Lutz is selling them and they're still making great engines. Yes, SH makes some above RTR quality engines, but without any support or pipe suggestions from the factory it's difficult to get a good match (I've tried).