• 1 Post By jersey
  • 1 Post By jersey
  • 1 Post By jersey

Head Buttons

Old 10-05-2022, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Head Buttons

Can head buttons be interchanged between different manufacturer engines? Like Nova in OS or vice-versa? For example if the button part is the same length, that could yield virtually the same deck height and all should be well in theory correct? I need a new button for my Triton engine. They say OS plugs fit the Triton so Im wondering if the OS head button fits the triton too?
Old 10-06-2022, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sure as long as the mounting holes line up, try it and add shims to adjust deck height.
sn47som1 likes this.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:43 AM
Tech Lord

As long you do a true measure of the head clearance instead of counting on the amount of shims. You need to hold on to the clearnce that is normal to the engine where the button comes off.
kgombe and sn47som1 like this.
Old 10-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sn47som1 View Post
Can head buttons be interchanged between different manufacturer engines? Like Nova in OS or vice-versa? For example if the button part is the same length, that could yield virtually the same deck height and all should be well in theory correct? I need a new button for my Triton engine. They say OS plugs fit the Triton so Im wondering if the OS head button fits the triton too?
which triton do you have. Some older ones are Picco favtory. Some new ones and one old one are Lm factory Werks sirio performa orion factory. So some parts off some of those brand may be the same.
token likes this.
Old 10-19-2022, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
which triton do you have. Some older ones are Picco favtory. Some new ones and one old one are Lm factory Werks sirio performa orion factory. So some parts off some of those brand may be the same.
Its an L5 V2 full mod
Old 10-19-2022, 11:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Its an L5 V2 full mod
which L5v2 is it though there is 2 different ones.

L5v2 elite with silver grayish head that was picco based.

L5v2 black edition that is black head. Which is Lm factory based.

both are completely different engines.

he doesnít sell the picco factory engines anymore.
Maybe you have a black edition Lm factory one? Take a look at photos below to see which one you have.

if you have a L5v2 black edition engine with black head then itís Lm factory. Some werks orion performa sirio head buttons might fit.

if you have a L5v2 elite then those are older piccos. Maybe picco boost engine head buttons would work.

Triton L5v2 elite picco factory engine.

Triton L5v2 black edition. This is Lm factory.

Jaredf likes this.

Last edited by jersey; 10-20-2022 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-20-2022, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Yes thanks, I knew I should have mentioned the type haha black edition
Old 10-20-2022, 11:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes thanks, I knew I should have mentioned the type haha black edition
all good some donít know about the older tritons.
yea the black head ones are Lm factory so you could prob find a sirio orion performa head button that might be the same. Iím not sure which one would be the same. But Maybe one of those engines head button with the same bore and stroke as your L5v2 might work on your engine
Old 10-20-2022, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

all good some donít know about the older tritons.
yea the black head ones are Lm factory so you could prob find a sirio orion performa head button that might be the same. Iím not sure which one would be the same. But Maybe one of those engines head button with the same bore and stroke as your L5v2 might work on your engine
Yes but I am looking for a bit more than it "might" fit. Ill need definitive answers before purchasing anything. Thanks for the tip tho!
Old 10-20-2022, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes but I am looking for a bit more than it "might" fit. Ill need definitive answers before purchasing anything. Thanks for the tip tho!
yea I know I canít 100 percent say which one is the exact same. But Iíd say some of them might be the same exact thing cause there in the same factory so some parts on some of the engines may be the same but not the whole engine. But again make sure the bore stroke of engine is same as the engine you have. But yea Iíd buy one from sirio werks orion performa over Buying another brand thatís not made in that factory.
I actually have a triton L5v2 black edition and couple werks engines when I get some time Iíll try to take off the heads and show you the head buttons. But werks seem to have fell off and engines and parts seem to not be in stock really anymore so you might not be able to find any of those parts anyway. I know they sell sirio engines on eBay, performa is sold at absolute Hobbyz I actually have one of those performa Iíll take it apart and see if that head button compared to triton L5v2. Iíll post a picture side by side.
sn47som1 likes this.
Old 10-21-2022, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

yea I know I canít 100 percent say which one is the exact same. But Iíd say some of them might be the same exact thing cause there in the same factory so some parts on some of the engines may be the same but not the whole engine. But again make sure the bore stroke of engine is same as the engine you have. But yea Iíd buy one from sirio werks orion performa over Buying another brand thatís not made in that factory.
I actually have a triton L5v2 black edition and couple werks engines when I get some time Iíll try to take off the heads and show you the head buttons. But werks seem to have fell off and engines and parts seem to not be in stock really anymore so you might not be able to find any of those parts anyway. I know they sell sirio engines on eBay, performa is sold at absolute Hobbyz I actually have one of those performa Iíll take it apart and see if that head button compared to triton L5v2. Iíll post a picture side by side.
How are the performa's? pretty interested in those. I always wanted to try the Orion 7 port or something similar.
Old 10-22-2022, 12:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

How are the performa's? pretty interested in those. I always wanted to try the Orion 7 port or something similar.
ive never run a performa. I just got a brand new one off a friend for cheap so havenít got to try it. Iíve heard mixed reviews, From friends etc Iíve heard the performas are very hard to break in some say like 2 gallons then itís broke in. Iíve heard itís best to Ebis cayse itís long break in. Iíve heard people running them on ebis machine and it taking very long compared to other engines. Ive heard there pinch last long. Iíve heard people with bad experiences and good experiences. With Orion Iíve heard seen the. the opposite from friends they break in super quick I heard then the pinch doesnít last to long then get finicky and donít idle. Werks seemed to be that way to. Break in quick then when they lose there compression quicker then they donít idle, Iíve only run one of them though. I guess the performa is different material of sleeve or something.