Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Roelof

Reedy .21 VR ST Questions

Old 10-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default Reedy .21 VR ST Questions

Hey guys I had seen a Reedy .21 VR ST for sale on the forum and was wondering what your guys take is on this particular engine. I really like how the cooling head is milled but it looks like the carb is bolted on and just looks a little different. Looks like the engine has been discontinued so that doesn’t seem promising but figured I’d see what you guys thought about this motor. thanks for any help.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derr429 View Post
Hey guys I had seen a Reedy .21 VR ST for sale on the forum and was wondering what your guys take is on this particular engine. I really like how the cooling head is milled but it looks like the carb is bolted on and just looks a little different. Looks like the engine has been discontinued so that doesn’t seem promising but figured I’d see what you guys thought about this motor. thanks for any help.
I don't have any experiences with the engine. I will say the bolted down carb is nice but could be a major issue if you need to tweak the carb to get the right alignment with center diff clearance and throttle servo linkage.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:20 AM
Tech Lord

The bolted carb does have slotes so there is a limited range to ratate the carb.

In that time it was a decent engine but unless you are building up something vintage why else do you want to buy that engine?
You can get an OSMAX XR-B v3 for around 200 dollar and then you have a todays decent engine.
underway likes this.
Old 10-13-2021, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Not worth it, was a decent engine years ago... Like Roelof said, if its not for a vintage era build. I would not.
Old 10-13-2021, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
The bolted carb does have slotes so there is a limited range to ratate the carb.

In that time it was a decent engine but unless you are building up something vintage why else do you want to buy that engine?
You can get an OSMAX XR-B v3 for around 200 dollar and then you have a todays decent engine.
To say nothing of the Reedy's lackluster mileage, even compared to its peers of the day.