Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
CRF Engines Performa Racing and Orion >

CRF Engines Performa Racing and Orion

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jersey
  • 1 Post By LoudOne
  • 1 Post By sp88

CRF Engines Performa Racing and Orion

Old 06-06-2020, 04:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default CRF Engines Performa Racing and Orion

I recently purchased the Performa Racing CRF 7 port engine. After doing a little research on the Italian company, it appears Orion uses them as well. Is it basically the same engine?

Old 06-06-2020, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Yes same company, but based on what I have seen they may be trying to transition everything to under Performa.
Old 06-09-2020, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same company but the Orion snd performa made in same factory. Not sure if the 2 are the same engine in specs etc cause I donít have them. Performa have way tighter pinch on the sleeve. Way tighter compression pinch then Orion or prob more then any engine out there. So maybe the sleeve is a different material. Not sure.
LoudOne likes this.
Old 06-10-2020, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
Same company but the Orion snd performa made in same factory. Not sure if the 2 are the same engine in specs etc cause I donít have them. Performa have way tighter pinch on the sleeve. Way tighter compression pinch then Orion or prob more then any engine out there. So maybe the sleeve is a different material. Not sure.
Thanks for the info! 🤙
jersey likes this.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Performa

How is in running compared to the same priced models?
Am thinking of buying one does it tick over and hold the tune good?

Break in process easy
Old 10-02-2020, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I wonder if this means heís matching the piston to the sleeve like the promod os is, it says each part is hand made one by one as the engine is put together then they say itís run in. If so then this engine is valuable just like any other CRF is but you will get a much longer race pinch and overall life if heís doing this. Adrien burton engines are scary fast and def made for someone needing that racing against other fast engines where skill just isnít going to cut it. The mike trueh engines were 7 port crf engines and anyone will tell u that engine was a lot in a Truggy.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Yelreppa View Post
How is in running compared to the same priced models?
Am thinking of buying one does it tick over and hold the tune good?

Break in process easy
I have both the 3 port and the 7 port radicals, they are great engines, lots of power and good fuel economy. they are however very hard to break-in, once they are broke-in they are easy to tune and run like a sewing machine.
if you get one of these make sure you have a good head heater and get it as hot as possible before starting, use a #4 plug until it is broke in and dont get aggravated with it. once its ready you will be very happy.
token likes this.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sp88 View Post
I have both the 3 port and the 7 port radicals, they are great engines, lots of power and good fuel economy. they are however very hard to break-in, once they are broke-in they are easy to tune and run like a sewing machine.
if you get one of these make sure you have a good head heater and get it as hot as possible before starting, use a #4 plug until it is broke in and dont get aggravated with it. once its ready you will be very happy.
I fully agree here... Breakin, I would strongly suggest an oil bath...... They are great engines tho....
Old 04-05-2021, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

Besides Orion glow plugs(bt3) what else can be used in a pinch?
Old 04-05-2021, 06:28 AM
Suspended

Considering they are made in Japan and look eerily similar to OS plugs, I'd go for an OS P3.