Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Corally ETOR .21 factory tuned engine. >

Corally ETOR .21 factory tuned engine.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Roelof
  • 1 Post By Roelof

Corally ETOR .21 factory tuned engine.

Old 05-27-2020, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Default Corally ETOR .21 factory tuned engine.

I did got this one for an oil bath break in. I also got a mini photo studio so I took some pics to share with you guys.

I must say, all the work looks nice and well finished. The crank case and the no hone profile on the sleeve did remind me at at GO engine but when I took out the sleeve the V shape cut says it is an Alpha engine.

Funny thing is it looks like the crank shaft has a kind of balance weight in the silicone ramp.

And then on the last pic, the timings. I did put an OS B2103 next to it I have got a few weeks ago for a break in (higher is more performance). For a so called factory tuned I am not impressed, also compared with other offroads I have listed.

GeorgeCk likes this.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for sharing! I just recently saw this engine and wondered why it was so cheap, but I guess that's to be expected for a Taiwanese mill. There were a lot more of these types of engines years ago, but I seem to remember that they were mediocre when it came to holding a tune. I'd be curious to see if they've made any progress in the carb or longevity department.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Roelof the crankcase is an Alpha Dragon for sure, it is the same as my Dragon II and Dragon IV.
Tha crankshaft also is an Alpha Dynamic Equilibrium Crankshaft.
Piston and rod also Alpha.
​​​​But the sleeve of the Dragon series engines are all 3 port, this is a 5+2. Maybe it is a sleeve/piston from the A852? I have some A852 sleeves, I can send you photos to compare..
I would really like to see how this engine performs.
​​​​​​
Old 05-28-2020, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

George, the V shape cut in the sleeve is only Alpha but I have not seen that much Alpha lately. The cooling ribs of the crank case did me remind to a GO fhom which for fun I made some onroad spec engines. From the old engines I know one was called a 7 port but was realy an 5+2 port engine, so 5 main ports and 2 bypass ports.

The owner saw my conclusion and he wants to compete with this engine to many OS in his competition so he decided on the last minute to give it better specs. We agreed to give it the same timings as the OS in expection stil to reach 10 minutes milage with an almost equal performing engine.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Is this engine likely to have that insanely tight pinch like the old Gos and Alphas? €150 shipped from Modelbau Bochum I see... Think I'd rather have the Bonito for €190 if I were going to get a new engine for under 200 bucks though..
Old 05-28-2020, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Now you do mention it, Alpha was indeed known for the high pinch, this engine had not, the values of the pinch meter on my break in machine showed something simulair as an OS.

Yes, I know the Alpha engines are good engines, with this one I have my doubts if it is a good competive engine compared with an affordable OS or Novarossi. But still it is a very well machined engine, every part fits as a glove and the (machinal made) mods are very precice placed (I have seen worse with Picco)
Old 06-01-2020, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GeorgeCk View Post
I would really like to see how this engine performs.
​​​​​​
I've got a video of the guy telling me he is happy with the engine, he is already faster on his home track compared with his previous Novarossi.

GeorgeCk likes this.