Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Is the Nitro gas Toxic breathe close the car when tuning? >

Is the Nitro gas Toxic breathe close the car when tuning?

Is the Nitro gas Toxic breathe close the car when tuning?

Old 10-28-2019, 08:45 AM
Tech Adept

Cool Is the Nitro gas Toxic breathe close the car when tuning?

Hello

I have drive alot Nitro Cars.

I love the sound alot.

Today i run BL cars only. Electric.
I miss the sound alot.

I maybe will travel far and buy one gallon Nitro and start up couple old beast i got.
If they will start again

Anyways
HEALTHY

Before along time ago i only run Nitro Cars, and i did it alot.
I remember that there was alot needle tuning needed.
After weather and after runtimes.
Also you need drive in them very fat and smoky
I was very groggy always almost when i need tune the engines running in front of my nose almost. You know this.

Is this very Toxic if you bash and drive everyday 2-3 hours ?

Im afraid got that groggy ill feeling i always got before close to Nitro RC Cars when tuning them.-

Maybe i need stay to Brushless because i drive so much daily. and like adjust and try out things ?

I really miss the sound of nitro engine alot . I need drive my old nitro cars soon atleast couple times again

hm,m,mmm ?

I newer feel ill when i drive them, when they goes well.

Also in nitro buggy races where alot cars drive i dont feel ill.

Also at Real dragster events, they drive out 1000x nitro in one area ,i dont feel ill.

Only when i stay close to the Nitro RC car, and need adjust needle and so on. Then i can feel groggy sometimes i remember this well, and i also feel ill and sick couple minutes.

I am maybe extra Nitro Sensitive?

Anyways there is no problems if i dont have them right at my nose.
From Public wiev i never feel ill, 1/8 nitro buggy masterships i can wiev without issues,,. also top fuel dragsters and all

Do i need som breathing mask when i tune in Nitro engine maybe ?

Last edited by HardBash; 10-28-2019 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Iím sure the fumes arenít good for you, just like any smoke from anything that burns. Gasoline, nitro fuel, wood, Tobacco, etc... maybe you are more sensitive than others. I know Iíve had a headache after leaving an indoor motocross race back when 2 strokes were running. Iím sure the fumes from burning nitro are the same. Itís burned my eyes in the past when getting an engine started on the box and the smoke was thick. In the end only you know wether you need a mask or not. If it really bothers you, Iím sure a good mask would help.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah78 View Post
Iím sure the fumes arenít good for you, just like any smoke from anything that burns. Gasoline, nitro fuel, wood, Tobacco, etc... maybe you are more sensitive than others. I know Iíve had a headache after leaving an indoor motocross race back when 2 strokes were running. Iím sure the fumes from burning nitro are the same. Itís burned my eyes in the past when getting an engine started on the box and the smoke was thick. In the end only you know wether you need a mask or not. If it really bothers you, Iím sure a good mask would help.
+++1 on mask, be careful with any mask with more than 1 strap due to respiratory problems if you have or not. They are 086 you must understand the complications it can cause. Stick with single strap mask for safety. I have to train men/women on my jobs to use these.