Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Soon year 2020.   Is there Still any almost Bullet Proof 3.5cc nitro engine Go and GO >

Soon year 2020. Is there Still any almost Bullet Proof 3.5cc nitro engine Go and GO

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By srt4johnny
  • 1 Post By johnnydmd

Soon year 2020. Is there Still any almost Bullet Proof 3.5cc nitro engine Go and GO

Old 08-27-2019, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default Soon year 2020. Is there Still any almost Bullet Proof 3.5cc nitro engine Go and GO

Yeas

i have alot RC Nitro Cars before.
i have run RC Nitro Cars about 15years time ATLEAST.
More than Ųver 60 Nitro Cars

My favorite is 1/8 Buggy. And Sometimes Truggy. Winter time Truggy.
28 engines waist to much Nitro.
Very expensive

And not good breath also in this.
21 .3.5cc engine is best drive

Is there ANY 3.5 with good performance today that runs and runs ?
just start and drive , on and on again.

Or is this the same as before ?
You need Tune the engine almost everytime and so on.

Is there any SUPERB PROOF NITRO 3.5 CC ENGINE TODAY now 2020 almost ?
not the shit that we have 10 years ago , they always need tuning and change parts, and glowplugs
SUCK

i like brushless
is there nitro engines anyway 3.5cc size that are almost bullet proof you dont need tune or change parts in , in least 40hours fun drive without issues today?
Old 08-27-2019, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yea itís called electric lol....Itís all apart of the Nitro experiences
Old 08-28-2019, 07:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Technology wise nothing has changed. If you don't like tuning and tinkering, nitro is not for you. For many that is the fun of nitro.
HardBash likes this.
Old 08-28-2019, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Okey they are same still.

Why is there no technology change here at all?

Like Titanium carburator and fatter better glowplugs?
that never need re adjust after the engine is tuned in totally?

i can understund that alot like to adjust and play motor doctors alot yeas.

anyway, many modern people dont have a clue how to tune, and what that is and so on.
Many 20 year old people dont have driving license today here.
20 years ago all 18 year old got it.

times changes

atleast one brand should try make something that last ,and runs, and runs again easy.
DOUBLE PRICE
many would pay this

even me
then i would have give nitro one last change
Old 08-28-2019, 02:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

@Hardbash They make a toilet that soaps and washes your @ss hole too, you want one of those too? How about educate the "modern people" on how to tune and take care of a nitro engine? Nah...
Old 08-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

There is no combustion engine that can run ensless w/o maintenance and wear. The standard nitro engine has in its nature to wear out due the missing piston ring.

If you want an engine that can run much longer you must think of an large scale with a 23cc engine. Or else a low rpm piston ringed engine like an OSMAX .26 or .40 4-stroke that runs with an extra drop of oil.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HardBash View Post
Okey they are same still.

Why is there no technology change here at all?

Like Titanium carburator and fatter better glowplugs?
that never need re adjust after the engine is tuned in totally?

i can understund that alot like to adjust and play motor doctors alot yeas.

anyway, many modern people dont have a clue how to tune, and what that is and so on.
Many 20 year old people dont have driving license today here.
20 years ago all 18 year old got it.

times changes

atleast one brand should try make something that last ,and runs, and runs again easy.
DOUBLE PRICE
many would pay this

even me
then i would have give nitro one last change
Why would the engine run better because the carb is made from titanium?
These engines are pretty forgiving when all comes around, some engines are far more temperamental. And in terms of hours they can run it's pretty good as well.
The materials in some of these engines is already at the front line of metallurgic development, so spending say... $10 millions like they do in full scale racing to find a slight improvement in materials, would make them pretty pricey.
But some do use cheaper materials, or at least less compatible to what they are used for, but people don't seem to mind.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

O.S. Is your best bet but Iíve been running a long time and know they are only just a bit better and easier to maintain. Itís like dragsters on a very small scale, the engines are running at 40 thousand RPM which makes things a bit hectic but usually as long as your on top of cleaning and checking things out (I.E. carb boot exhaust gaskets gas tank and lines) it should be pretty strait forward and run how itís going to run. The engines are incredible in my opinion and I am one that loves the day to day challenge of running nitro and wonít give electric two looks. There are plenty on here that will agree and defend the product they know because thatís what drives this part of the hobhy when it comes to racers. Most will tell you the sound of a perfectly tuned nitro engine is pretty awesome and the handling of todayís buggyís are awesome. You just gotta put the work in or have stuff on hand incase you need to fix something. A lot of times things small like a worn clutch can make your engine run wrong, lately for me itís been carb boots ripping. Gotta catch it fast before it does damage but once you do your back in it cause I can tune an engine back in really fast if I get way off whack tuning cause I didnít notice an issue. Tuning is easy when the parts are all good, itís tuning an engine thatís got worn out parts that makes a day not fun.