Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Fuel Tubing for 1/8 off-road racing. >

Fuel Tubing for 1/8 off-road racing.

Fuel Tubing for 1/8 off-road racing.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default Fuel Tubing for 1/8 off-road racing.

I searched found some old topics from long time ago figured Iíd ask in a new ropic.
So I like the Tlr fuel line cause itís thick and doesnít rip or burn easily, but they raised price about year and half ago, what fuel line is comparable in thickness and inside diameter to the Losi fuel tubing that comes in there kits. Now Iím running another brand of car to and the fuel line is junk so I been using the Losi still.
Please donít just say a name brand etc like duobro or etc. these companyís make a lot of different sizing of fuel line.

I am trying to find a fuel line like Losi, same inside diameter and same thickness but in a spool roll so I can buy like 50 feet and not have to buy it for a while.
Links are much appreciated thank you.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I use DuBro fuel line. Medium sized - comes in a bunch of different colors. I bought a spool of fuel line about 10 years ago and still have about 15’ left.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SlowLST2 View Post
I use DuBro fuel line. Medium sized - comes in a bunch of different colors. I bought a spool of fuel line about 10 years ago and still have about 15í left.
thanks yes I read in another post years ago someone said dubro fuel line but only get the clear blue one.
I was looking at that line in 50 feet
Have you had Losi fuel line? How does it compare, same size inside diameter? Thinner thicker protection?
the hb fuel line is very thin and feels brittle was going to use losi line but want to buy a spool of something similar to Losi

thanks for reply
Old 03-09-2019, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I use the Flashpoint stuff. Now a days they are all pretty similar, with minor differences in Color or diameter. The FP hose has been great, no issues, no failures so far in 1/8 Buggy or 1/8 IC Onroad.

I would urge to go with clear, as its much easier to see any bubbles or where the fuel is during Priming etc.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Ok so I looked through my Rc stuff and I actually have the dubro medium light blue 3/32 fuel tubing new but not a roll maybe 2-3 foot. But the inside diameter is definitely not as wide as the losi fuel tubing and the outer wall isnít as thick.
It still feels pretty good but I think the losi is better. Anyone know any other fuel line that comes in a spool that is similar to losi thanks
Old 03-09-2019, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
I use the Flashpoint stuff. Now a days they are all pretty similar, with minor differences in Color or diameter. The FP hose has been great, no issues, no failures so far in 1/8 Buggy or 1/8 IC Onroad.

I would urge to go with clear, as its much easier to see any bubbles or where the fuel is during Priming etc.
yea I always use clear losi line. Iíll never get a solid color line I Always tell people that at the track that same thing about be able to see the prime and also you can see if itís plugged. The dubro line is clear but very hint color of blue.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

The Dubro should do you fine for now. If anything its a tighter fit on the Fuel Nipple and the Tank Nipple as well. So it will be a bit more secure and less prone to vibrating off. Ran Dubro on my Gas Boat and 1/5 car no issues.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan View Post
The Dubro should do you fine for now. If anything its a tighter fit on the Fuel Nipple and the Tank Nipple as well. So it will be a bit more secure and less prone to vibrating off. Ran Dubro on my Gas Boat and 1/5 car no issues.
yea I already set one buggy up with it to try it out. Iím sure it will work fine. I just like that extra thickness of the losi line. But thanks
Old 03-10-2019, 03:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I usually run Dubro, I use the thicker colored one except the last bit between fuel filter and carb where I use their clearblue. But I don't believe there would be any problems using the clearblue all the way.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The clear blue 3/32” fuel tubing is big enough in ID to feed an engine that consumes fuel at a rate of 2.5oz per minute. I’ve used it on engines up to 20cc without any problems.

Most of the fuel line sold by Losi for example - is made and re-packaged by someone else. I use the Losi stuff on my 8T because it came with it. But it’s getting cloudy now, so it’ll get replaced with Dubro stuff.
Old 03-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SlowLST2 View Post
The clear blue 3/32Ē fuel tubing is big enough in ID to feed an engine that consumes fuel at a rate of 2.5oz per minute. Iíve used it on engines up to 20cc without any problems.

Most of the fuel line sold by Losi for example - is made and re-packaged by someone else. I use the Losi stuff on my 8T because it came with it. But itís getting cloudy now, so itíll get replaced with Dubro stuff.
ok thanks for info.

yea I know a lot of companyís just relabel another companyís products. Basically Iím trying to find Losi line without the losi name in a roll/spool preferably like 50feet. Yea for 8t I use the stock losi line, Iíve always used the losi line on them. For the losi tank if you have it setup with the stock losi line going straight through the hole In tank, Iím not sure if the tank would be sealed correctly with the dubro line. The dubro is thinner and that may cause a tank pressure issue or leak there. Never tried but thatís just something I thought.
The kits do come with the fuel nipple thing you can put on the tank though you might have to do that way to get it working good.

But the tubing that comes with the hb racing cars feels very weak and not strong and itís not thick. Iíve been told to avoid the hb line right from the beginning but I changed them to losi line right away but now im just trying to find something identical to losi line in a spool. Thanks
Old 05-22-2019, 03:59 AM
Tech Adept

I think kyosho makes the best fuel tubing.