Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Performance Difference - Engine Manufacturer vs. Aftermarket Tuned Pipes >

Performance Difference - Engine Manufacturer vs. Aftermarket Tuned Pipes

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Matt Piva

Performance Difference - Engine Manufacturer vs. Aftermarket Tuned Pipes

Old 11-07-2018, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Performance Difference - Engine Manufacturer vs. Aftermarket Tuned Pipes

Before I start this discussion, let me preface this by saying that I know this is somewhat subjective and that there are lots of variables involved. In the past, Iíve run primarily Novarossi engines with the latest being a Rex Paloma Limited along with various Novarossi pipes and header combos. I am lucky enough to have stumbled upon a brand new OS Speed B2102 at a great price which I will be sending to Adam Drake for EBIS. Mainly asking this question out of curiosity as a fairly new club racer competing in 1/8 buggy who has limited experience with engine and exhaust manufacturers.

My general question is this: Is it really necessary and/or worthwhile to spend the change to get a manufacturer-specified tuned pipe system, or in this particular case the (expensive!) OS 2060 or 2090 tuned pipe system? For example, would there be a notable performance handicap if I was to run a Novarossi header and pipe with the OS B2102?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Old 11-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I would look Iím the for sale thread and pick up a 2090/2060. New 80-110 used 50-70. U will need a pipe because nova pipes on is engines isnít exactly going to run correct. They will work but itís best to run with the manufacturers pipe because itís set up for that engine. There is another option, if u can find a 2035 associated/reedy pipe they are my personal favorite on any os engine. But they are pretty much all gone.
Morpheus1289 likes this.