Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Picco blast 2019 engine PIC9590 (Blast .21 Team DLC Cer) >

Picco blast 2019 engine PIC9590 (Blast .21 Team DLC Cer)

Like Tree2Likes

Picco blast 2019 engine PIC9590 (Blast .21 Team DLC Cer)

Old 10-26-2018, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default Picco blast 2019 engine PIC9590 (Blast .21 Team DLC Cer)

PIC9590 (Blast .21 Team DLC Cer)

PIC9590 (BLAST .21 TEAM DLC CER)

Product Code: PIC9590
The BLAST 3,5cc features a newly designed crankcase that improves internal gas flow and therefore higher performance at every range of RPM.
The 14mm crankshaft with silicone insert is DLC coated in order to prevent wear of the pin and oxidation. The shaft works on a high quality rear ceramic Swiss-Made bearing.
The 5 port “cylinder and piston” is made with special alloys to optimize life and reliability of the unit. Paired with the long stroke scheme the BLAST provides an improved drivability delivering more torque than previous models.
The super aligned “knife edged” aerodynamic connecting rod is also made with a special aluminum alloy.
The carburetor sports the latest double bottom-end adjustment for a fine-tuning.

• 5 ports hard chromed liner
• Piston CNC machined from billet
• 14mm DLC balanced shaft with silicone insert
• Knife edged lightweight aerodynamic con-rod
• Low CG cooling head
• 14mm ceramic Swiss-made main bearing
• Composite 3-needle slide carburetor
• Displacement: 3,49cc
• Bore: 16,03mm
• Stroke: 17,30mm
• Output: 2,70hp @ 34,000rpm
Old 10-28-2018, 11:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

truggy worthy? which pipe set?
Old 10-29-2018, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
truggy worthy? which pipe set?
not sure I just saw it posted the other day on Picco Facebook but maybe someone will chime in that knows. The 2018 v1 people were running in truggy. Dakota phend and others were runnng it in truggy and Buggy. I guess this is the engine that will replace that engine cause I don't see v1 dlc version on Picco site anymore just the Lower grade version v1 are still on there. With the v1 I like the 2133.
Anyone know how much difference between blast and v1 ?
Old 10-30-2018, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

i just want to make sure it is equal or better than the 5tx in truggy applications.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
i just want to make sure it is equal or better than the 5tx in truggy applications.
I'm not sure, it's a new engine so I'll guess will have to wait and hear the feedback. I would also like to know how it differs from the v1 dlc
Old 01-12-2019, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Anyone tried this yet?
Old 01-13-2019, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Neesh View Post
Anyone tried this yet?
i would like to know that also, haven’t seen any USA drivers with them yet
Old 02-16-2019, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Any updates on this engine?
Old 01-28-2020, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (98%+)

Has anybody ran these yet I would like some feed back
Old 01-30-2020, 10:11 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by keithw11 View Post
Has anybody ran these yet I would like some feed back
I see Brandon rose is running it now with picco 2099 pipe. He’s in Texas runs in pro on agama now.
savoya is on picco now as well but he is using a p3x engine with picco 2135. I guess it’s there newest engine now.

I would like to know if the materials for these engines are different then the old ones. I believe They posted a while back they were going to change some materials then reds also posted the same thing and picco came out with this blast then reds came out with scuderia. I know there completely different engines but wondering if blast and scuderia are same materials ?
Old 03-21-2020, 06:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Crankcases are now made with a completely different method, P3X is a european version of the US "RACE" version and it's basically a cheaper version without DLC crankshaft and steel bearings
jersey likes this.
Old 05-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC1Racing View Post
Crankcases are now made with a completely different method, P3X is a european version of the US "RACE" version and it's basically a cheaper version without DLC crankshaft and steel bearings
hey what’s up. So yea I found info that the blast case is what in different way now. See the below photos.

I see Reno said the blast dlc and the p3x dlc is the same engine?
But I look at parts explosion and noticed there is different part numbers? If there the same why is there different part numbers? Case piston sleeve head button and Maybe crank not sure on crank cause they don’t have the dlc p3x parts explosion posted yet it looks like. He said the p3x has been optimized for better price but it’s the same. Are the parts the same specs and just made differently or are they different cuts timing ports or something. I’m kinda confused. Was there a issue with the blast parts and they changed them? Trying to figure it out. If you can let me know that would be great. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2020, 12:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
hey what’s up. So yea I found info that the blast case is what in different way now. See the below photos.

I see Reno said the blast dlc and the p3x dlc is the same engine?
But I look at parts explosion and noticed there is different part numbers? If there the same why is there different part numbers? Case piston sleeve head button and Maybe crank not sure on crank cause they don’t have the dlc p3x parts explosion posted yet it looks like. He said the p3x has been optimized for better price but it’s the same. Are the parts the same specs and just made differently or are they different cuts timing ports or something. I’m kinda confused. Was there a issue with the blast parts and they changed them? Trying to figure it out. If you can let me know that would be great. Thanks!
After looking at the video Reno posted and looking at the picco america site, it looks like the same motor in regards to parts. I think the BLAST is the US version and Europe gets the P3X DLC. Thats why you see Kyosho Europe releasing the news.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So I ran my Blast the past weekend. Feels similar to my V1 with similar mileage. I get 9:30 a tank using a Reds 2104 with medium header. When I ran the V1 with the Picco 2133 it got like 7:30 but it made gobs of power...too much. Only useful on high traction indoor type tracks.. I expect the same with the Blast. The V1 with the 2104 also got crazy mileage...maybe even better but it was also using a 7mm restricter vs the 7.5 in the Blast.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the Picco 2099 is super similar to the Reds 2104. I've seen 2 version of the 2099. One looks short with a flat end and a really far forward nipple and ive seen another version that looks exactly like a Reds 2104 that says Picco on it. Was it revised?
Old 05-22-2020, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kyosho Kid View Post
So I ran my Blast the past weekend. Feels similar to my V1 with similar mileage. I get 9:30 a tank using a Reds 2104 with medium header. When I ran the V1 with the Picco 2133 it got like 7:30 but it made gobs of power...too much. Only useful on high traction indoor type tracks.. I expect the same with the Blast. The V1 with the 2104 also got crazy mileage...maybe even better but it was also using a 7mm restricter vs the 7.5 in the Blast.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the Picco 2099 is super similar to the Reds 2104. I've seen 2 version of the 2099. One looks short with a flat end and a really far forward nipple and ive seen another version that looks exactly like a Reds 2104 that says Picco on it. Was it revised?

yea there’s 2 2099 with 2 different nipple styles. Yea the 2099 is soft bottom end pipe and not as much power overall. 2133 has way more overall power.
2099 is kinda like a os 2060 by looks. 2099 looks like that reds to. It also looks like hipex 2108.
I know the picco manifold is different then the os style manifold though. So that will definitely give a different effect.
I just broke in my blast. Did idle tanks the other day and I did on the ground tanks today got it tuned in a parking lot. Have almost 2 quarts on it. Next time I’m at the track I’m gonna run more fuel through it and after I get a gallon through it. I plan to test a couple pipes.
Picco 2099, picco 2133, hipex 2135, hipex 2034, os 2090. Those are the pipes I’m gonna try first for power mileage etc and see how it is. I’ll post up later down the line when I test it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.