• 1 Post By timjs
  • 1 Post By CBren32
  • 1 Post By THE BADGE

NO EZ START

Old 09-28-2018, 01:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Unhappy NO EZ START

Hi folks,
Tuesday evening I gave my T-Maxx a little service & got it running beautifully, so Wednesday afternoon I was all set for a good blast down the local woods, BUT, where has my EZ starter gone ? I have searched everywhere & then remembered I last used it near the bins in our garden, our bins go out Tuesday & now that it's dark earlier I reckon it got chucked out un-noticed at the time, AAArghhhh !!! I've orderedm another one, but this could take up to a week to be delivered, so now I can't use the truck, I'm also worried I can't put any 'after-run' oil through it either, I'm now keeping the truck indoors rather than in the garage, because I'm worried about corrosion setting in the engine, am I panicking, or will it be ok for about a week ?
Any info appreciated.

I've heard horror stories of nitro engines attracting moisture & seizing up.
CBren32 likes this.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by THE BADGE View Post
Hi folks,
Tuesday evening I gave my T-Maxx a little service & got it running beautifully, so Wednesday afternoon I was all set for a good blast down the local woods, BUT, where has my EZ starter gone ? I have searched everywhere & then remembered I last used it near the bins in our garden, our bins go out Tuesday & now that it's dark earlier I reckon it got chucked out un-noticed at the time, AAArghhhh !!! I've orderedm another one, but this could take up to a week to be delivered, so now I can't use the truck, I'm also worried I can't put any 'after-run' oil through it either, I'm now keeping the truck indoors rather than in the garage, because I'm worried about corrosion setting in the engine, am I panicking, or will it be ok for about a week ?
Any info appreciated.

I've heard horror stories of nitro engines attracting moisture & seizing up.
While I wouldn't recommend this.. I routinely go weeks or longer without running and I never use after run oils. If you're worried about it, use fuels that are known to not cause much corrosion.
THE BADGE likes this.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:43 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You're panicking a little bit, but it's always good to stay cautious than negligent. If you have it, you can throw in some WD-40 and put the piston at Bottom Dead Center, just to assure all is good. Best of luck brother.
THE BADGE likes this.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for your concern chaps,
I've put my mind at ease, I had a spare battery which I connected to the starter motor, & ran some 'after run' through it, so all is good,

( still waiting for my EZ Start to be delivered ).
CBren32 likes this.