Like Tree7Likes

Nitro engine modification

Old 08-20-2018, 03:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro engine modification

Hey there...

In the past 3-4 weeks I've been sending emails to various companies asking for an enginemod/tuned pipe ect... But none replied my mail except for TNS who has stopped making engines at the moment.
it's ok if they are fully booked, but a reply would have been nice.

Who are you guys using??

My engine is a LRP.32x

Thanks
Old 08-20-2018, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you tried AMR and RB mods?

Last edited by Cardiak; 08-22-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 134 (100%+)

AMR on Facebook
Old 08-20-2018, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by knielsen View Post
Hey there...

In the past 3-4 weeks I've been sending emails to various companies asking for an enginemod/tuned pipe ect... But none replied my mail except for TNS who has stopped making engines at the moment.

Who are you guys using??

My engine is a LRP.32x

Thanks
Murnan is on this forum, I believe he calls himself "Grinder" here, he should be able to help you.
It's djungel out there and some of them does nothing to really improve the engine, so pick them wisely.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd like to know who the top 3 modders are as I'm looking to get a .28 or .32 modded. I know Neal is one of the best.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cardiak View Post
I'd like to know who the top 3 modders are as I'm looking to get a .28 or .32 modded. I know Neal is one of the best.
TNS, RB, ERCM, Murman and AMR are the only people/companies I would use.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:14 AM
Tech Champion

Do it your self?
Old 08-21-2018, 02:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Do it yourself?
I agree, it could be a better option compared to some of the people that just likes to make things pretty.
And you get the opportunity to learn something.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I wouldnít recommend you open a new engine and start grinding on sleeves without the proper understanding of modifying an engine. However it sounds like your looking for just a pipe right? If so Iím sure lrp has a matching pipe for that engine, if not I would try and google a related thread on here for you to read up on and learn about your engine three other members experiences. Glow plugs have different deck hieghts for timing which you need to know so u donít run the wrong plug, you can also get an idea if the lrp is really the engine you want to invest in. If it was my opinion I wouldnít waste money to mod and cheap engine, cranks will wear out or fail completely, rod failure and other things happen to these cheaper engines much faster. Maybe look into an O.S. engine with a dlc Coates crank. A few other companies are starting to get smart and run the coated cranks, if any of them make a .28 then thatís the engine u would want to start with.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by knielsen View Post
Hey there...

Who are you guys using??
I'm using my Dremel and the Two Stroke Tuner's Handbook.
slackinoff likes this.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I'm using my Dremel and the Two Stroke Tuner's Handbook.
Love it, keep on keepin' on boss.
Old 08-22-2018, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
I wouldn’t recommend you open a new engine and start grinding on sleeves without the proper understanding of modifying an engine. .
True if you can not measure the timings but such bashing engines have enough room to work on.
Sending it over to someone who does some polishing, edging and teardrops for lots of money is indeed a choice.
Just some touching on all edges with a dremel to stretch all tolerances on the timings can do a lot w/o harming the engine as long you smoothen out all sharp edges from the touched ports.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Matt Piva View Post
I wouldnít recommend you open a new engine and start grinding on sleeves without the proper understanding of modifying an engine. However it sounds like your looking for just a pipe right? If so Iím sure lrp has a matching pipe for that engine, if not I would try and google a related thread on here for you to read up on and learn about your engine three other members experiences. Glow plugs have different deck hieghts for timing which you need to know so u donít run the wrong plug, you can also get an idea if the lrp is really the engine you want to invest in. If it was my opinion I wouldnít waste money to mod and cheap engine, cranks will wear out or fail completely, rod failure and other things happen to these cheaper engines much faster. Maybe look into an O.S. engine with a dlc Coates crank. A few other companies are starting to get smart and run the coated cranks, if any of them make a .28 then thatís the engine u would want to start with.
If someone wants to start learning it's as good of an engine as any. Patience and a willingness to learn will take you a long way on an engine like this.
Most engines doesn't need any DLC, it's OS that can't get their shit together and make good steel. Some of the cheaper engines also have had bad cranks, but it will probably last long enough if a good fuel is used. DLC is nice as icing on the cake on a top of the line engine, but it's kind of the last thing to add.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

DLC is used as a low friction surface but it is also used as a surface hardening. That last is the main thing why it is used with our engines, then they can keep the crankshaft a bit softer for mor flex so it will not break
Old 08-22-2018, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes DLC has less friction, but a part of that is also the surface preparations done before, and they can be done without adding DLC.
I'm not sure if there has been a real problem with cranks breaking from being to brittle, and the stiffer they are the more power they will produce.
I have nothing against DLC, it has proven itself many times over to be excellent when used at the right time. But considering how long a good crankshaft will last without it I would say it's the last thing you add and for the right reasons, bad metallurgy isn't on that list.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service