Novarossi p3 xs tuning

Old 08-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Novarossi p3 xs tuning

Hi my mame is josh i dont really sign up to forums. I have look all over the net for my help but i dont think i can fine it without asking personally.

I have bought a novarossi p3 xs serpent engine. I have put it in my hyper 7 and i broke it in with factory settings. Then i took it to the shop and he tuned it to 16% all was fine but i tried to start it a couple of days later and it wouldnt idle and kept cutting out after 2 seconds. If i gave it some throttle it would stay alive. I gave it a good run like one tank and abit and it had an extremly high idle and just wanted to keep moving without applying the brake. I know this aint normal so i cut it out and looked at the glow plug and it was black. I have looked at tuning guide but i cant seem to get it right. I can ever get it so judders on idle or high rpm after a run and wants to take off if lifted up. Can someone point me in the right direction please thank you.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rustyuk View Post
Hi my mame is josh i dont really sign up to forums. I have look all over the net for my help but i dont think i can fine it without asking personally.

I have bought a novarossi p3 xs serpent engine. I have put it in my hyper 7 and i broke it in with factory settings. Then i took it to the shop and he tuned it to 16% all was fine but i tried to start it a couple of days later and it wouldnt idle and kept cutting out after 2 seconds. If i gave it some throttle it would stay alive. I gave it a good run like one tank and abit and it had an extremly high idle and just wanted to keep moving without applying the brake. I know this aint normal so i cut it out and looked at the glow plug and it was black. I have looked at tuning guide but i cant seem to get it right. I can ever get it so judders on idle or high rpm after a run and wants to take off if lifted up. Can someone point me in the right direction please thank you.

Set idle gap at .7mm(.030") lsn should be flush and hsn maybe 1/2 turn in from flush. That might be close to start with but a little rich on hsn.

Rex

Rex
Old 08-08-2018, 04:21 PM
Tech Champion

Did you replace the plug? That it was black could be from the rich break-in and wit a normal break-in you will end up with the need of a new plug.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 22Racer View Post
Set idle gap at .7mm(.030") lsn should be flush and hsn maybe 1/2 turn in from flush. That might be close to start with but a little rich on hsn.

Rex

Rex
Thanks for the quick reply i will try this tomorrow and i will get back to you.
Old 08-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Did you replace the plug? That it was black could be from the rich break-in and wit a normal break-in you will end up with the need of a new plug.
Hmm.. No i never thought of this, maybe your right. I will replace the plug and try this aswell. Thank you
Old 08-09-2018, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

After a good 20mins i have given up. I have read countless tuning guides. But at this point i just wanna smash it in the wall. I think i am just going have to take it back to the shop. I am a proper DIY guy but i think i am just going to have to admit defeat.

Thanks for your help guys
Old 08-10-2018, 09:58 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rustyuk View Post
After a good 20mins i have given up. I have read countless tuning guides. But at this point i just wanna smash it in the wall. I think i am just going have to take it back to the shop. I am a proper DIY guy but i think i am just going to have to admit defeat.

Thanks for your help guys
have you tore the engine apart?
Old 08-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sounds like a rich LSN and too high of an idle.