Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Replacement glow plugs Novarossi >

Replacement glow plugs Novarossi

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Apco1

Replacement glow plugs Novarossi

Old 07-13-2018, 06:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Replacement glow plugs Novarossi

I just purchased a Serpent Cobra 811b RTR and would like to know what glow plugs I should buy for it. Any suggestions? Thank you
Old 07-13-2018, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'd stick to Novarossi plugs. The tapered end if different if I recall correctly.
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 07-15-2018, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Old 09-05-2020, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Nope, it is NOT a turbo plug. The manual calls for C5S standard.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

I understand that was quite the necro bump but....
any alternative to the CT06 available? I burned one out today by being an idiot and they seem to be unavailable everywhere.
Old 09-22-2020, 12:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ray4624 View Post
I understand that was quite the necro bump but....
any alternative to the CT06 available? I burned one out today by being an idiot and they seem to be unavailable everywhere.
Curious about this myself. I recall seeing on YouTube that SH/ LRP turbo plugs are a proper fit. Iíve heard of some people using reds racing glow plugs too. Iíve read too much about o.s glow plugs to be comfortable using them, but even then plenty of people use them in novarossi no problem, but they end up sticking with o.s afterwards as it sometimes distorts the head button. Anyway, CTO5 plugs are still available. I know they are a hot plug, but after doing tons of research it seems that the cto6 plugs are too cold anyway for a lot of people to achieve a reliable idle and tune, etc. Iíve always liked the cto6 plugs myself but I stocked up on cto5s and am hoping for the best with them. Not sure what Iím gonna do once I run out
Old 09-22-2020, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Losi215 View Post
Curious about this myself. I recall seeing on YouTube that SH/ LRP turbo plugs are a proper fit. Iíve heard of some people using reds racing glow plugs too. Iíve read too much about o.s glow plugs to be comfortable using them, but even then plenty of people use them in novarossi no problem, but they end up sticking with o.s afterwards as it sometimes distorts the head button. Anyway, CTO5 plugs are still available. I know they are a hot plug, but after doing tons of research it seems that the cto6 plugs are too cold anyway for a lot of people to achieve a reliable idle and tune, etc. Iíve always liked the cto6 plugs myself but I stocked up on cto5s and am hoping for the best with them. Not sure what Iím gonna do once I run out

well it seems im on the right track then as i ordered 4 of the CTO5 plugs earlier today.
also read similar about the protek and SH plugs working but they label their plugs differently.
with regards to the OS i think they key is the head spacing but thats more then i want to deal wiht right now.

thanks for the reply!
Old 11-26-2020, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ray4624 View Post
well it seems im on the right track then as i ordered 4 of the CTO5 plugs earlier today.
also read similar about the protek and SH plugs working but they label their plugs differently.
with regards to the OS i think they key is the head spacing but thats more then i want to deal wiht right now.

thanks for the reply!
hey there. Just wondering if you ever installed the ct05 in your novarossi and how it performed. Iím probably going to rip my novarossi .28 in my losi lst today. I just took out the ct06 Iíve been running for close to a gallon and popped in a brand new ct05, also running 25% percent byrons instead of the 30 % I was prior. Should be good to go, eager to see how it performs. Thank you in advance
Old 11-27-2020, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Losi215 View Post
hey there. Just wondering if you ever installed the ct05 in your novarossi and how it performed. Iím probably going to rip my novarossi .28 in my losi lst today. I just took out the ct06 Iíve been running for close to a gallon and popped in a brand new ct05, also running 25% percent byrons instead of the 30 % I was prior. Should be good to go, eager to see how it performs. Thank you in advance
That plug should work well will moat likely neez to tweak the tune. My newest Novarossi 5TCL came with a ct05 plug. I know its a different engine but my P5XLT runs better with the ct05 and protek t4 plugs than the ct06 that came with it. Hope this helps. Happy braappping.
Old 11-27-2020, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gotmehyper View Post
That plug should work well will moat likely neez to tweak the tune. My newest Novarossi 5TCL came with a ct05 plug. I know its a different engine but my P5XLT runs better with the ct05 and protek t4 plugs than the ct06 that came with it. Hope this helps. Happy braappping.
good to know thank you! No one really talks about these ct05 plug. I ordered 6 when I could and figured they would work totally fine. Eager to try them out, thanks again.
Old 11-27-2020, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was running my fusion x5lc by Nova the other day in some cold temps, 50 degrees at most, it had a protek t4 in it and I swapped it for a t33 and it held idle great. I ordered ct05 plugs but this engine I got used and it came with a protek/sh plug in it so Ibhave kept with them. I have a new (drake ebis) rolling that I plan to use the ct05ís in.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wely324 View Post
I was running my fusion x5lc by Nova the other day in some cold temps, 50 degrees at most, it had a protek t4 in it and I swapped it for a t33 and it held idle great. I ordered ct05 plugs but this engine I got used and it came with a protek/sh plug in it so Ibhave kept with them. I have a new (drake ebis) rolling that I plan to use the ct05ís in.
awesome good to know. We will all have to leave our feedback in here. Might order a few more ct05 plugs just to have, and worry about another plug years down the road. Unless novarossi makes a comeback! Nice to know the SH plugs work okay in novas, heard a few people talk about that.