Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Dynamite 086HS stinger modification >

Dynamite 086HS stinger modification

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RCTecher12

Dynamite 086HS stinger modification

Old 07-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Dynamite 086HS stinger modification

Has anyone whos used the Dynamite 086HS pipe shaved some of the stinger support off so it would fit in the notch cut out in the body? The way the pipe sits on my 8T, Id need to make the stinger notch in the body probably double the size to fit the pipe.. Id rather not do that as I will be putting a different pipe on it later this summer that has a standard stinger and having a gargantuan stinger hole will look like poop. The future pipe will be a 51021/9886 and 41032 manifold.

My biggest concern is whether the stinger will be that much more at risk for coming loose. Ive never ever had a stinger break off or anything, so Im not hyper worried about it; but this is also the only pipe Ive had that had such a support for the stinger.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The dynamite 086 is a bunch shorter than the 9886 so your stinger holes most likely wont line up anyways
Old 07-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by HaulinBass View Post
The dynamite 086 is a bunch shorter than the 9886 so your stinger holes most likely wont line up anyways
Actually, that’s not true. The 9886 and 086HS are the same length and the stingers are in the same spot. The only real difference is the angle of the stinger. It will just depend on how much different the 41032 header is to the Dynamite header.
Old 07-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hmmm mine are nowhere near the same size, wonder whats up with mine. My werks 086 and 9886 are both identicle in siz3 and almost 15 years old the dynamite is a good 5-7mm shorter than both those. Maybe nova changed the shaped and size somewhere along the line
Old 07-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

That’s possible. I have one 9886 and two Dynamite 086HS pipes and I measured them all. Overall length of the actual pipe to the rubber grommet at the manifold is 5 5/8” IIRC, and the stinger is 4 7/8” from the grommet. Those numbers are approximate, but my examples are all the same length.

So far to answer my own question; I removed the stinger support “web” that connected between the stinger and the wall of the pipe. The body fits perfect and the stinger didn’t fall off today. Shouldn’t be a big deal.
kaptain crash likes this.