Different Pipes

Old 06-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Different Pipes

Hello,

I was wondering what would be a good pipe combo for a Triton engine? Iím currently running the L5 with a EFRA2034 from Triton but I was wondering if I could get same or better results with say a Novarossi 9886 combo. Has anyone experimented with other manufacturers pipes with these engines? There still new to me.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

9886 is a two chamber. You will get max power at the cost of fuel mileage.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok thx. Is it a substantial loss in fuel mileage? I get roughly 12:30 on a tank and usually pit around 10. My problem is I get instant power everywhere whereas Iíd like to have have strong mid and high without wheelspinning bottom like I have now. I feel like the motor is just too strong everywhere lol. Are there any better recommendations for what Iím trying to achieve? Iíve already changed clutch setup, flywheel, gears, etc.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Try a shorter manifold. Or a conical manifold. The manifold has a much more significant effect on powerband than the pipe does. That’s been proven with a dyno.
Old 06-09-2018, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

I just started getting my L5 for race tune so I haven't really tested pipes out on it but Picco pipes will work on it. All I've run on it during break in so far is 2133. There is a triton engine thread people talk about different pipes. The triton pipes were a little altered from some of picco pipes. That's why the numbers on pipes changed.
The 2034 is like the Picco 2120. Good all around good bottom great top.

the 2148 is like the Picco 2046 really strong bottom pipe decent top

the 2108 is like the Picco 2099 lower smoother power band. Low bottom end decent top good for loose tracks

go on Picco site select the pipes scroll down under description they have rpm dot chart to show power band. It's helpful!
Old 06-10-2018, 03:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jersey View Post
I just started getting my L5 for race tune so I haven't really tested pipes out on it but Picco pipes will work on it. All I've run on it during break in so far is 2133. There is a triton engine thread people talk about different pipes. The triton pipes were a little altered from some of picco pipes. That's why the numbers on pipes changed.
The 2034 is like the Picco 2120. Good all around good bottom great top.

the 2148 is like the Picco 2046 really strong bottom pipe decent top

the 2108 is like the Picco 2099 lower smoother power band. Low bottom end decent top good for loose tracks

go on Picco site select the pipes scroll down under description they have rpm dot chart to show power band. It's helpful!
2034 is called 2112 as well (might be some small difference)
2069 is called 2113 and 2120 as well (might be some small difference)
The 2148 looks like a 2046 though, but might be some small difference.

Best bet is to ask is to ask Triton what they think in their thread here, but going by their description the 2108 might fit the bill, 9886 is probably a step in the wrong direction if you want less power.