R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Offroad Nitro Engine Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum-157/)
-   -   How many turns should a pull start turn to turn on the nitro engine? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/offroad-nitro-engine-forum/1016255-how-many-turns-should-pull-start-turn-turn-nitro-engine.html)

b3master 04-20-2018 04:06 AM

How many turns should a pull start turn to turn on the nitro engine?

How many turns should a pull start turn to turn on the nitro engine?
That question pretty much applies to all types of starters but the main one we can feel how many rotations is the pull start....

Evoking1230 04-20-2018 08:43 AM

It's more related to how far out you're pulling the pull start cord. It should only be pulled out about 6-8 inches.

It also comes down to the # of cycles the engine needs to go through to ignite the mixture, similar to the engine in your car.

b3master 04-20-2018 09:21 AM

My cord was deteriorating and kept getting shorter and shorter to the point i was only able to trigger one cycle maybe two, and was getting hard time firing it up, but didnt know that it was the reason i was getting a hard time. Now i replaced the oem cable with mini blind cable, it was difficult replacing since its about 3 times thicker but now i get about 30-40cm of cable and it fires up almost in first try.
:nod:

So was curious for future reference that if i dont get a certain number of cycles per pull to change it when I get the chance...

b3master 04-20-2018 09:27 AM

Also with respect to other types of starters i feel there is a certain speed they should rotate to fire up the engine, i dont know why but i feel when primed properly and no pull start cable issues the pull start is the quickest for the engine to fire up...?

Its just what i observe from the videos i see on you tube, although i could be wrong....

Evoking1230 04-20-2018 09:34 AM

for starter boxes, don't worry about the revolutions, just make sure you have dual 750 motors installed there and a lipo pack and you should have no issues.

the rc guy 04-20-2018 09:56 AM

simple math will give you your answer.. 2" dia wheel string is on is 3.14=6,28" so if your pull start is 8 " roughly little over 1 1/4 rotation of motor

turndownwhip 04-21-2018 05:38 PM

Nitro Guy just blew my mind!!

Ive never tried to calculate engine revolutions per inch of pull cord...mind you I've never used a pull cord...:weird:

the rc guy 04-21-2018 06:48 PM

who is nitro guy?.. really so you guys cant use math in this hobby kinda like ohms laws blows others away .its to hard.

Evoking1230 04-21-2018 07:42 PM

I suck at math lolol

b3master 04-24-2018 02:41 AM

The question was and is how many cycles or revolutions does it typically need for a 2 stroke nitro glow engine to fire up....

Not how many revolutions am i getting from my length of string...