Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Newbie here with proabaly a newbie question lol. >

Newbie here with proabaly a newbie question lol.

Newbie here with proabaly a newbie question lol.

Old 04-14-2018, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbie here with proabaly a newbie question lol.

Hey guys just joined the site. Will be posting pics of my buggy later. Also my electric rustler as well. Had a quick question tho. I have an Exceed Madfire .21( Yea I know .. it's my first nitro lol). But my question is about the carb. I have the high speed need 3 I repeat 3 turns out from the stock 3.5 turns. Just wondering if this is normal or what? Thanks for any info.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you have to have the main needle out 3 turns beyond the factory 3.5 turns just to get it to run decent, I’d say there is a fuel restriction somewhere - either in the tank, filter, or the carb itself.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Or the back pressure line is not connected.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Maybe a leak some where??? I would check all fuel tube"s etc..

If u did the brake in 5 tanks or so, and u ended up leaning the high end and u feel ya idle and slow speed is fine im not sure what you are asking? Did you do the brake or u just leaned the high end a little before the brake in? I know a lot of motors come very very rich i have a exceed rally monster. It has the .18 and it ran pretty rich i'm like 18 tanks in. I have the high end dialed in the low end i have had a little idle issue that i worked out.

Hope we can help ya out. I just ask what ya gotta ask.