NORA RC Racers - OnRoad & Carpet Oval

Like Tree47Likes

NORA RC Racers - OnRoad & Carpet Oval

Old 10-22-2017, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
On road race tomorrow correct?
Yes. We had a race yesterday. Sorry didn't respond sooner. Was a busy week. Next club race up is 11/11. We also have our VTA/Scale Spec Enduro 11/12.

At the beginning of this thread you will find oue schedule.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default OnRoad Practice this Wedensday 10/25

This Wedensday 10/25 the doors will be open for On-Road Practice from 5:30pm to 9pm. $5 per person. Great opportunity to get some laps.

Next OnRoad Race will be Saturday 11/11. The VTA/Scale Spec Enduro will be 11/12. Please send me your team name registration if you are participating in the Enduro.

Thanks,
Jim Glasgow

Last edited by JPG333; 10-22-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default 10/27 - FRIDAY OVAL RACING TONIGHT!!! SERIES #1 RACE #1

The Doors will be open at 2pm today for Oval Practice. We have Series #2 Race #1 tonight and racing will begin at 7:30 for our weekly Oval racing series

The Next OnRoad Series Race will be Saturday November 11th.
The Scale Spec 4.5 hour Enduro will be Sunday November 12th.

Oval racers also save the weekend of December 2nd and 3rd for our 2 day Northwest Championship Oval Race weekend.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 1/12 Scale

I know that the 1/12 scale program is just getting started at NORA and I wanted to help out trying to grow it. I will be there for the next race on 11/11 and hopefully there will be enough racers to put together a class.

I will bring my tire truer to the track and anyone will be free to use it if they need to. 1/12 scale may seem a little intimidating at first, it took me until this year to try it out. But it is the most fun that I've had and running 8 minute heats is definitely the best deal in RC!
Old 11-04-2017, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

We have had at least 3 1/12 scale cars every week. The more the merrier... looking forward to having you out.

Jim Glasgow

Originally Posted by Kelseyrc View Post
I know that the 1/12 scale program is just getting started at NORA and I wanted to help out trying to grow it. I will be there for the next race on 11/11 and hopefully there will be enough racers to put together a class.

I will bring my tire truer to the track and anyone will be free to use it if they need to. 1/12 scale may seem a little intimidating at first, it took me until this year to try it out. But it is the most fun that I've had and running 8 minute heats is definitely the best deal in RC!
Old 11-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Tech Regular

Default NORA VTA/Scale Spec Enduro Nov 12th

Hey everyone... we are still taking signups for the VTA/Scale Spec Enduro for Sunday Nov 12th at NORA in Mt Vernon, WA. 4.5 hours of team racing. 3+ driver teams. $60 per team. We will race 90 minutes lights on. 90 minutes lights off. And 90 back on again. Cars will need to be equipped with headlights and tail lights for the 90 min with the lights off.

Seattle/NORA 25.5 Scale Spec rules will be in effect.

Doors will open at 8:30am. Q1 for seeding at 10:15. Racing at 11am.

Contact Jim Glasgow at [email protected] or Facebook @NORA OnRoad Racers.

We have some solid teams lined up.

Team Glasgow-Lewis

Team w/Trav, Donny, and Matt Atkinson

The Premier team w/Dave Erlich and company

Team Not Last

And a few others will be there. We could use a few more teams. Gonna be a blast.

Thanks,
Jim Glasgow
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh man... with competition like that Team Not Last isn't gonna live up to it's name. >_<
Old 11-13-2017, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

thanks Donny, Trav, and Matt for letting me stink up the team for a few minutes, cant believe how rusty I was.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Default NORA NW Carpet Oval Championships Dec 1st - 3rd

chevtech23 likes this.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default 17.5 Super Stock Oval Class is moving to TOUR rules

Attention all 17.5 Super Stock racers and Carpet Oval Racers......

There has been much discussion about our 17.5 Super Stock class among myself as acting director, our club president, drivers of the class, and potential drivers entering the class. With this class receiving low attendance the last 6 weeks and majority of the current 17.5 drivers already getting their cars "TOUR ready"... I have made the decision with the support of others to move this class to TOUR rules for the 2 day event. What this means is cars will require a Gen 3 COT Protoform body and Fantom VR1 TOUR Spec 17.5 motor (at miniumum) for the 2 day race and it will also be ideal that we also move to the Fantom 4600 Spec Battery at this time also and we will do so if batteries are available to all the drivers by then. If not we will run COT bodies and TOUR motors for the Dec 2nd and 3rd event with Open batteries. I am monitoring battery availability this week and will talk to those drivers and make an announcement concerning batteries at the end of this week. Motors run roughly $85 and the batteries run about $40 to $50 depending on the source. I am working with drivers to get them lined up with batteries and motors to make this transition. If you plan on running this class contact me so I can help you get lined up with the right equipment.

For the 11/24 and 12/1 Friday club race.... Our cars that are legal under our existing rules will be legal to race with ROAR motor, Open battery and Gen3 body or Truck body during what we will call a grace period during the transition. We will monitor the situation for the 12/8 and 12/15 club race to see if further flexibility is needed for the club races however our goal is to make this transition as quick as possible in the month of December as many feel that moving in the direction of the TOUR spec package for 17.5 Super Stock is needed in order to save the class at NORA and provide quality racing with higher car count. Much research thought and consideration was taken into account before coming to this decision, however after not having enough cars to race last Friday it was apparent that the time to make this move is now.

Please contact me on Facebook Messenger or at [email protected] if you have any questions or need my help to get ready for this class. I am all in and you will have my support during this transition period.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thanksgiving Weekend

This weekend at NORA...
Carpet Oval Racing this Friday. Doors open at 3pm Friday. Racing at 7:30pm.

OnRoad Racing Saturday morning. Doors Open at 9am. Racing at 11:30am.

Next weekend... Dec 1 thru 3rd... Friday club racing... NORA NW Carpet Oval Championships Sat / Sun
Old 11-24-2017, 04:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will have an ARC R11 2017 for sale at the track tomorrow. The car comes with an aluminum and carbon fiber chassis. It also comes with the ARS kit and plenty of spare parts as well. Asking $200
-George
Old 12-17-2017, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Formula one day... yes baby!

Hi All,

As I told some of you good folks I work on Saturday BUT I'm moving things around so I can be up there 1/6 and 1/20-21 for the F-1 day.

I will bring the pit machine with me for practice, also my Le Mans GT3 TA06 Porsche for the Le Mans Prep!

Please let me know if you guys change plans so I can undo my work schedule

Thanks! - Marcos
Old 12-18-2017, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation 12/23 Ugly Sweater and Potluck this Saturday at NORA OnRoad

Saturday Dec 23rd. Come out and race OnRoad at NORA for this weeks club race. This Saturday we will have a potluck and have a little ugly sweater fun. Bring your favorite potluck dish to share and for those who want to wear your holiday ugly sweaters we will have a prize for the racer who has the best one... We will run 3 heats and main (No Lunch Break this weekend). F1 cars and Euro Trucks will have 10 minute mains. Doors Open at 9am and racing begins at 11:15am. This is a normal club event, Normal points awarded and normal club rates apply. Potluck and Ugly sweaters are encouraged but not mandatory to race.

We are located at the Skagit County Fairgrounds in Building F. Use the south gate Enterance on Taylor Street.

Please Share this post.
Old 12-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

OH! I have a sweater for this. Plus, I was thinking about some of Scandinavia's finest: pickled herring and potato sausage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service