Search
Like Tree74Likes

NORA RC Racers - OnRoad & Carpet Oval

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 03:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default October 3rd thru 6th Work Party Schedule

Here is the schedule for our work parties for the upcoming weekend of October 3rd thru 6th.

Work Party Location: 479 West Taylor Street, Mount Vernon, Washington, WA 98273 (South Fairgrounds Exit) ... We are in Building F.

On Thursday a few of us will get started during the day on the floor during the day to get it started at 9am and will wrap up by 4pm.

Our Floor build will continue Friday beginning at 9am and we will go all day and wrap up around 9 or 10pm. This will involve assembly of the sub-floor and sanding the seams with a belt sander and vacuuming the sub-floor. (We may need to wrap up Saturday depending on how long it takes to build the floor).

If you plan to help us on the floor... We could use a few more Drill and Impact driver motors... we will use T-25 bit screws on our floor and we do have extra bits if you don't have them... Gloves and kneed pads are recommended if you have them. Note: If you are not able to bend down to help with the floor but come help carry 2x4's and sheets of plywood this will help the build go faster and would be a great help to us... we can find something for everyone to do. There is something for everyone to help with :-)

The Goal for Saturday will be to put the finishing touches on the floor early in the day and then UnRoll and seam the Black Carpet for the track, Install subfloor grounding, build drivers stand, and unroll grey carpet in the Pit area, and begin to unpack the trailer.

Sunday the goal will be to setup the computer, put pipe on the track, run electrical cords in the pit area, Vacuum & House Keeping... and Vacuum, and Vacuum some more.

There will be plenty to do. Any help is greatly appreciated :-)

If you have tables to bring up you can bring them on Sunday and lay them against the wall. Tables will not be setup until the track is completed and race ready. (Volunteers will get priority over pit space selection).

If you have any questions regarding building setup please feel free to call me.

Thank you,

Jim Glasgow
NORA OnRoad Director
425-359-2180
Old 09-30-2019, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default TDK Tire Repair

Some thoughts on TDK Tire Repair at NORA...

For those of you wondering... we are looking into a trial period where we may test and allow the use of TDK Tire Repair "Odorless Formula" at our track. This is a non toxic odor free tire sauce that has had really positive responses from our neighboring tracks. The reports from local racers are that the sauce offers extremely good grip on black carpet for both rubber and foam tires with no smell, no jitters, and no hangover from use. Will be looking to get your thoughts on the product for those who have used it and also be looking to see if our racers are open to try it out. For those of you who have SXT from last year... Don't worry we will still allow SXT 3.0 (lite, orginal, and Max) at our track this season, however this new TDK non toxic sauce is definitely worth a try to see if we can eventually move toward providing a healthier race experience for our racers as we move forward.

I will be working with Lou at Broadway Hobbies and Seattle RC to see if we can get a few bottles ordered to begin testing once our track is ready to race on.

Here is the link to the TDK Repair Facebook Page.

https://www.facebook.com/TDKRepair/
Old 10-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default Carpet OnRoad Series Race #1 kicks off this Saturday - 10/12

Last edited by JPG333; 10-10-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPG333
My body is ready
JPG333 likes this.
Old 10-10-2019, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Post Important Reminders

Important - Please Read:

A few important reminders if you are planning to race with us at the Skagit County Fairgrounds this Winter.

1) Our entrance is on the South side of the Fairgrounds off of Taylor Street. We will park to the West of the F Building or in the RV lot and use the West door. The space just outside the building is for loading and unloading and disabled parking. The East door behind our computer will closed and will only be used by NORA event staff. Do not drive or park anywhere on the grass on Fairgrounds property. Please keep your speed down to a minimum and turn down your stereos while on the premise.

2) Please come to have fun Saturday. We will all be knocking off the rust this weekend. Please come out to have a good time and try to help others who needed it.

3) Please remember it is your responsibility to marshal after your race or find someone in the pits to marshal for you if you are not able. We will give 2 minutes between races so please make it easy on our computer operator so we can keep the program moving.

4) If you purchased a NORA member ship anytime last winter... Your membership is due for renewal on Oct 12th. If you purchased a Summer membership, then your membership is due for renewal in April/May.

5) Please bring a Chair and Power Strip. We also have some tables however we could use a few more 72"x 30" folding tables this weekend should we have a large turnout.

6) No Vaping in or near the entrances of our building... If you have Vape devices and vape batteries are not allowed in your pocket while corner marshaling.

7) Please where shoes that do not have aggressive tread that would track dirt, mud, or gravel on to our race surface.

8) SXT 3.0 of any variant (lite, original, or Max) and TDK repair "Unscented formula" are the only traction compounds allowed on our track. They must be in the original bottle. Only Motor Spray, Simple Green or Foam Tire cleaner is all that is allowed to clean your tires.

9) If you are running a FWD car in USGT you must have an approved 25.5T ROAR motor and run a FWD Hatchback Style Body. Your car must meet the rules in accordance with USGT National standards for USGT FWD racing. If we have (4) FWD cars and growing interest we will consider starting a new FWD class.

10) Track side Tires and Tire Softener will be available for Sale... We will have some tires available for sale at the track if you need some (courtesy of Broadway Hobbies). See the race director for help. Sales are based on first come first serve and availability may be limited at times so please try to plan ahead.

Thank you,

Jim Glasgow
NORA OnRoad Director
Old 10-10-2019, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default NORA Carpet Oval Series - Race #1 kicks off on 10/18

Old 10-11-2019, 10:02 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Any FWD coming out this Saturday..need 4 to make a class of their own..
Jeff J ,Mike B,Donny B , Tim C, Arvin T,Jake D, myself anybody ????
Old 10-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
im in for FWD
Old 10-11-2019, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
I *might show up. But I need some 300k for a diff. Never got around to ordering some. If anyone has some.... I'd appreciate the opportunity to mooch....

Jake
Old 10-11-2019, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
I *might show up. But I need some 300k for a diff. Never got around to ordering some. If anyone has some.... I'd appreciate the opportunity to mooch....

Jake
I will check to see if I have some
Magnet Top likes this.
Old 10-11-2019, 06:07 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top

Jake
1Mil work for you?
Old 10-14-2019, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Great Season Opener Jim! It looked like a 1 man show, but I know Larry was there as back up. Hopefully Jim finds some support so he can enjoy racing too. I really had fun trying to get F1 up to speed and really enjoyed the close racing with Tim and getting to know his story. I came in with a cavalier attitude in 12stock and quickly found that a new sherif moved in: John Glasgow! I didn't think anything of it at the time, but he out qualified my tq time from regionals by 2 seconds. Bugger. John really sorted his program over the summer and will be a welcome contender. Todd is sorting out his new Roche and will be in the mix in no time. But Jeffery rounded out the podium on this day, good work there! Gary had to fend off a hoard of FWD in USGT/SS class. From a marshaling point of view, I did not see a disadvantage from either chassis. Gary drove solid with no to little mistakes while the FWD cars were testing the limits taping out. I'm sure it's going to take some time to find out correct approach into the corners and then the traditional 4wd car may be in real trouble. Sara had her day in novice. Korey and Stuart locked horns in mod tc. Always great to see our Canadian friends south of the border. And finally there was Dairy Delite with the eventual french fry give away...yummers!
Brian
JPG333, JeffofSpace and Allkair like this.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

Rad day with everyone Saturday! Harlan and I had a blast, and Jim ran a smooth program. Good hard racing by all. We'll be back for sure!
JPG333 and Allkair like this.
Old 10-23-2019, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Do you guys take paypal or credit cards?
Old 10-24-2019, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have paid via paypal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.