NORA RC Racers - OnRoad & Carpet Oval >

NORA RC Racers - OnRoad & Carpet Oval

Like Tree74Likes

NORA RC Racers - OnRoad & Carpet Oval

Old 01-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JPG333
Our only OnRoad Pan Car classes getting attention at the moment right now are 17.5 Stock 1/12 and 6.5T 1/12 Modified Spec
F1 is a pan car class. :P
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Just a heads up for all the vbc racers out there. Unfortunately over the past 2 years the amount of drivers racing vbc cars has dwindled. That combined with increased shipping costs from vbc, I can no longer justify stocking the brand. Effective immediately all vbc items are on sale for 30% off.
Please visit http://gripworksrc.com

For further details
Old 01-16-2019, 03:10 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10
Chad, Alex, and Collin are all getting WGT cars together and are going to be racing soon. So we should see some WGT soon.

Its piqued my interest, but the timing isnít right at the moment.
count me in...let me know the date time ..Thanks Franko
Old 01-18-2019, 12:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
F1 is a pan car class. :P
OK. You got me Alex. I guess I never viewed F1 as a Pan car class... but yes I guess they are Pan cars... F1 is killing it at NORA...

- Jim G.
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OVA
count me in...let me know the date time ..Thanks Franko
I have a CRC Rubber tire car on the shelf... so does Gary Lewis. Would be cool to see these out there again. The 1/10 cars are awesome on Rubber tires.

- Jim G
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:19 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

OK. You got me Alex. I guess I never viewed F1 as a Pan car class... but yes I guess they are Pan cars... F1 is killing it at NORA...

- Jim G.
hey Jim
It is not Alex.....is Mike
JPG333 likes this.
Old 02-04-2019, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Planning to come to practice on Wednesday afternoon, not bringing the whole store just enough spare for me. If you need anything please email text or Facebook me.
Or place an order with a note.
[email protected]
Old 02-04-2019, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Glad to hear it. Look forward to having you. 1/12 Scale is killing it right now and we are having some great racing. Last race day we had (14) 17.5 Stock 1/12.

We also have a new 6.5T Mod Spec 1/12 Class... Rules are 6.5T motor limit. Blinky ESC. Purple strip or JFT Blue stripe spec tires... Cars must have a working rear Differential (can be ball diff or gear diff)... no rear spools or solid axles.
Hey Jim,

Is there any chance of having a Sunday practice before regionals, Wednesday practices are near impossible for me. Just wondering. Thanks.

Steve

Old 02-05-2019, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Steve, we're having a practice/warm up this coming Saturday
Old 02-06-2019, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default *** ALERT ONROAD PRACTICE TONIGHT ** Feb 6th

*We are going to attempt to have practice tonight for OnRoad for those who can make it from 3:30 to 9pm. We will still use the Taylor street entrance... however when coming into the fairgrounds use the East driveway only tonight for entry and exit and drive around the F Building.... we will still only have the West door open. Please kick off your feet so that we keep the snow and crud outside of our building.

Please use safety and your discretion when driving. If you cannot get to and from safely then please do not risk it. It is only practice ;-) Practice fees are $10 for adults. $5 for kids. Bundle up its gonna be a bit chilly tonight.... We do have heat though :-)

Old 02-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by corallyman
Hey Jim,

Is there any chance of having a Sunday practice before regionals, Wednesday practices are near impossible for me. Just wondering. Thanks.

Steve
Steve,

We really need to wait and see what this weather pattern is going to do and at this point it is hard to put anything else on the schedule. Sounds like weather may make things tough on us this weekend. It is all going to depend on what happens Friday/Saturday... and how the roads are. I personally wanted to go up Sunday to do a few things a the track but I am in a holding pattern on making plans till I see how things go over the next couple of days.

Stay tuned for updates.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default **NORA Weekend Advisory for 2/8 & 2/9** Race Cancellations

**NORA Weekend Advisory for 2/8 & 2/9**

Attention Racers... In light of the winter storm that is approaching the area we will be cancelling all indoor racing this weekend. Friday Oval and Saturday OnRoad are being cancelled.

With heavy snow, cold temperatures, and high winds foretasted for the area... Several factors went into this decision and we feel this is the safest and responsible decision we can make at this time. We wanted to give advanced notice so that nobody is caught off guard traveling to our facility when this storm hits.

Please note:

Our Friday night Oval Points Series #1 race for 2/8 will be rescheduled for March 8th.

The OnRoad Race for 2/9 will go down as a cancellation as it was a non-points warm up race.

Sorry to deliver that bummer news.

We will now turn our attention and putting forth our efforts
to get the building and property ready for next weeks big OnRoad ROAR Regional race Feb 15th thru Feb 17th. We are looking forward to having an Awesome Weekend of racing next week!
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:48 AM
Tech Regular

This is very last minute... I am headed up to the track today to do some house keeping for next weekend... track will be open from 1030am-330pm today if anyone would like to come up and turn some onroad laps. While we are there I could use some help vaccuming snr cleaning some of our pipes if anyone is in the area looking to go for a sunday drive.

We are going to do everything possible to race the regional next weekend.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default We are ready for the Regional!!!!

Yesterday.... went up to the fairgrounds and prepped the building for next weekends ROAR Regional Carpet OnRoad race (Feb 15th-17th). Track is cleaned up and Primed for the big event.

Despite the cold temperatures... the Building stayed pretty warm and I was moving around the building in a T Shirt and stayed warm during the day...and when the sun went down put the hoodie back on and was plenty warm.

We got a few things done today... The scoring Loop was been moved over by our computer and works flawlessly. This allows us to use the entire backstretch for starting races and will make for better starts. A new Starting grid was also laid down on the backstretch and will support an 8 car stagger start. We cleaned pipes, picked up the building and vacuumed. The Track looks Awesome :-)

This coming weekend... We are gonna make every effort to run the Regional Race. The main roads near the track were clear this morning and it would appear that the Road crews are on top of their game. It also looks like the weather pattern is going to lighten up heading into the weekend. Skagit Valley/ Mt Vernon has seen a lot less snow then some of us have gotten this week... If it snows lightly with little accumulation we will be racing this coming...Fri, Sat, Sun.

Next week is gonna be a blast and we are looking forward to hosting next weeks Regional.

Stay tuned this week for updates and information.

See you soon.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:14 PM
Tech Elite

Well done Jim and NORA crew! This is going to be a great Regional. NORA is firing on all cylinders this season. It's a privilege to have you working so hard for the rest of us.

Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.