Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree90Likes

Rose City Scale Racing 17/18 Indoor Schedule

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Personally, I think that the on-road scene has been given an opportunity to finally excel for once. We've been graciously provided with a facility, surface, and track materials, all without the massive overhead which seems to be the R/C track killer.

At the end of the day, does anyone actually think Ryan, or any of the Rose City Racing members would do anything to negatively impact the R/C community? The only examples that I can think of, are the opposite, and have helped cultivate, and help keep our scene going.

-Ryan
Sorcerer001 and KR145 like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

I guess what I'm saying is, I don't like the idea of planting a seed of doubt, when it seems so fundamentally unfounded to do so. I hope that everyone can come together and just enjoy what we all love doing.
Sorcerer001 likes this.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

You have a great thing going guys! I won't bang on about it, but the low overhead model you are investing in will serve you for many years to come.

From the years of serving in my role with the Seattle RC Racers, to serving on other volunteer boards for other organizations, I have learned it is always true that the success of clubs and nonprofits depends on the trust extended to a few key people. It always works that way--a group trusts in the word and work of individuals.

This does not contradict the idea of being a club. Rather, a club is a realization of the idea that a group can come together to pursue a passion, gather and concentrate resources, and put those resources to work. And that usually means putting trust in some particular people to hammer it home. That's just how it works. (Maybe some other example is out there in the world of a perfectly distributed democracy in action? I've not seen it, which doesn't mean it doesn't exist.)

So, yea, the burden is on Ryan and some key individuals to deliver. You're going to have to trust him and them. What they do will belong to everyone in the end, and everyone will owe a lot to what they do. It's the reality of collective effort. Along with "trust," the other words you might throw in the mix are "respect," and "responsibility."

I've known and enjoyed Ryan's friendship for years, and I've seen his and others' good efforts to keep the Rose City scene chugging along. Speaking both for myself, and in my capacity as president of the Seattle RC Racers, you have our trust and support.
KR145 and angrymelon like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KR145
Chad,
ALL SUMMER long we talked AS A CLUB, AT CLUB RACES, about if we can generate enough $$$ this summer from club racing, and if we can secure a location, the club will look into buying carpet. And that is exactly what has happened.. not sure why you are feeling the way you are.
As far as the Clik Trak goes, that's no different than what the off road guys just did to get their show going..people that want to race, kicked down to help out....pure donations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will go out and say it was a generous offer of you to buy carpet/cliktrak...But that is 9 grand....Kind of a big chunk and gamble for one guy with no building....you should actually be thanking Ryan...just sayn'.
So please don't get on public forums and bash the great club that we have and the steps people are trying to do to make it even better..
I must personally thank you and all the others that have continued to bash me on Facebook over something entirely stupid. Why should I thank Ryan??? For having the idea for the club to have carpet added to the program? I suggested that several years and yet again it was turned down. You and your little click should thank all of the people who raced. Part of the race fees went to the carpet.
Originally Posted by angrymelon
I guess what I'm saying is, I don't like the idea of planting a seed of doubt, when it seems so fundamentally unfounded to do so. I hope that everyone can come together and just enjoy what we all love doing.
I am not planting any seeds. The numbers don’t lie. Good luck and have fun.😊
Old 10-16-2017, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Low blow Chad.

I've seen nothing but awesome teamwork and growth with RCSR.

Keep up the good work, and can't wait to visit the indoor race one day.

Instead of talking in circles over and over, shit is getting done, and I like it.
el salvador and KR145 like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Several years ago there were still carpet on-road, off-road tracks trying to make a living from racing. I even said at that time that RCSR would not infringe on that...
Old 10-16-2017, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Default Less than $100 away!!!

With the generous donations from Dave Ehrlich, Seattle RC Racers, Todd Mason and Mike Godson, we are now less than $100 away from our Goal!!!
KR145 and Troy Mckune like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

JON SANG!!!! Put us at our goal!!!!!!
KR145 and lpittman like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

RCtech is loving this. They haven't had this much traffic or posts in years. LOL

Orders placed! F1 here I come.
KR145 and T-Hawk like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Clik Trak!!!
Old 10-16-2017, 01:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Chad, I have to say I amazed you went here. Can Ryan be tough sometimes yes but all he has done is make sacrifices so we can race. A little gratitude shouldn't be too much to ask. Even for you. I don't understand your complaint. We include you in everything we do, every decision, every meeting. I could care less that you mentioned this idea a few years ago. Things were different a few years ago. A few years ago you had choices. Now you don't.

Ok everyone, Chad had this idea years ago. We should all thank him now that it is coming to fruition. Is that better Chad?
Old 10-16-2017, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Clik-Trak Here We Come!!!

Well.... WE All DID IT!!!! We will be getting our Clik-Trak!!! There was an opportunity put in front of us and we capitalized on it! Thank you to everyone who was involved;
Dana Mckee
Rick Stcyr
Seattle RC Racers
Michael Biscieglia
Michael Godson
Kevin Rogers
Kenny Crouse
Nate Lyday
Dave Ehrlich
Tommy Tuite
Matt Adkison
Troy Mckune
Chad Blanton
Richard Donavan
Kevin Massey
Mike Julie Ellis
Tim Copp
Leighton Lederer
Ricky Greba
John Tsang
Todd Mason
Ryan Brownlee
Old 10-16-2017, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anyone who doubts Ryan's character or intentions is out of touch with reality. I have a tremendous amount of respect for what Ryan does for the RC community... all with little or nothing in return except a few hugs and handshakes. Kudos to Ryan and the club for putting this together.
KR145 and T-Hawk like this.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
JON SANG!!!! Put us at our goal!!!!!!
Who the hell is Jon Sang? Sounds very similar to a racer I know in Canada, but spelled totally different. Weird.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lpittman
Who the hell is Jon Sang? Sounds very similar to a racer I know in Canada, but spelled totally different. Weird.
Charlie Suangka can fill you in.... PART A!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.