Raincity's December Showdown Feat. Josh Cyrul

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Raincity's December Showdown Feat. Josh Cyrul

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2002, 12:20 PM
Tech Rookie

I talked to Josh this week at the gas Nationals. He's excited to come to Seattle. Everyone come out and race. Let's show him how much fun we have racing and how fast our area is. BIG TURNOUT!

Marty
Old 12-10-2002, 08:35 AM
Mal

I'll be there. This time I'm practicing during the week. Not gonna have another weekend like Darrin's race where I struggle for the whole weekend and finally put in a good run at the end.

Wish more of the Oregon and Tri-cities guys were coming up. Guess this is a bad time for them to race. With the holidays coming up and just coming from a 2 day race. I know how the Oregon guys feel, those travel two day races are expensive. 2 in a row will run you around $300+.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm so glad to hear that Marty. I dreamt last night that he couldn't come-and there was some other guy here, who nobody knew, trying to be a hot dog! It was not a happy dream. Must be the stress thing.

Congrats on your fine finish at gas nats. Hope to hear all about it wed.

Yeah, the timing may not be the best for the race-but hey, let's just think of it as some friend of Marty's is coming out to race with us! AND, if we show him a good time-during racing and "after", maybe he'll come back and bring some of his other friends!

UPDATES on the Showdown. It's always something...the spec stock class-the springs/brushes for the P2k are a problem to get in. That class may become a sportsman class. The rules will be the take-off's 27, and a P2k motor.

I am so glad you are all flexible...I will do my best to make the classes fun and easy to work with. Hang in there. I'll know more on Fri/Sat. I don't have that many sign ups to know what to do. hint, hint

Be sure to bring out your micros...we may do a little super run with them-for fun!

We will be closing the track early on Thurs-by 6 or so, to redo the layout.
Friday will be practice for PAID entries only.
I'll post more as I figure it out and have the time.
Old 12-10-2002, 12:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Mal,

I would have made it if ya'll ran next week. I'll be at the chickens Rams game, so my Seattle budget is tapped.

Good luck to you guys with the new place. We'll make it for the expo.

What carpet are you using? New or the stuff from the old shop?

Shawn, since I wont be there you can count on finishing one spot ahead in the main! Just kidding...

Where were you this weekend?

Claus
Old 12-10-2002, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Ha Ha Ha,,,,,very funny Brian.....

Im running mod this weakend, so I wouldnt be worried about you.......

anyways, I had to work last weakend so I could have this weakend off for our race.....I wish I would have been there though.......

see ya soon, Sean
Old 12-13-2002, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Wow! Trav came up with a really cool track. Thank you Travis. And to Darek, Peter R, and Steve for helping.

The personal transponders are working!! It's going to be so nice. Be sure to bring them out.

Calling ALL MINI'S!! Looks like we may have a class-bring em out or call if you are interested.

We open at 10 AM on Friday....Nobody gets in early. Unless I already talked to you. I have things to do.

It's going to be a good time-hope you'll join us. There are a lots of levels of racers coming. NO FEAR! among the NW.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:36 AM
Tech Master

Calling all mini's????

Did you guys lose Trav again?!?!?

hahaha, g'luck this weekend and beat that josh cyrul guy, i heard he's fast or something....

Keep us posted on whats going on up there....
Old 12-15-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks to Deb and Pat for organizing a fun event. We can't make it for the second day but we had a great time yesterday even though we weren't prepared to run a mod in Sam's 12th scale. Thanks to everyone who helped us with advice and support. Good luck to all in the finals!
Old 12-15-2002, 12:59 PM
Tech Regular

Fast Guys?

So who's fast over there? Anyone beatin up on Cyrul??

-Brett
Old 12-16-2002, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

just some results, not official, just as i remember them.

touring modified A-main

1. josh cyrul
2. travis schreven
3. darren shank
4. marty barnes
5. korge scales (i think)
thats as much as i remember in that class

12th modified

1. peter robinson
2. josh cyrul
3. darek farmer

and those were the only ones that finished.

i just want to explain the result in 12th scale, josh could have killed us easy, but instead of pulling a billy, he held back and had some fun, which really says alot for him as a person.

i just want to thank rain city for re-opening to be able to put on a race like this, the weekend went really smoothly.

also a huge thanks to josh cyrul for coming out and having some fun with us, especially in 12th scale.
Old 12-16-2002, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

It was a super weekend. I am catching up on my rest, shopping and appointments. will post the total results this afternoon. Josh is a super guy.
Thank you Marty for making it happen.
later,
Old 12-16-2002, 01:47 PM

How was the competition in mod?
Old 12-16-2002, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

It was great Kenny......most of the weakend Josh and Trav were running the fastest laps.....Andrew was on a similar pace on Saturday....on sunday Darren really picked it up along with Marty.....Brett Sisley was pretty fast to....the rest of us like Brian Hiegas, Koragea, myself and Donny were pretty fast to, just didnt get the good runs in that we wanted.....

I drove like crap, but thats the way it goes sometimes......no excuses, my car was good.....

It was the highest amount of mod competition that Ive experienced since I moved here....

later, Sean
Old 12-16-2002, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yeah the mod sedan class was really great to watch, there was nobody in the pits when trav and josh were on the track.

but the true highlight of the weekend had to be when frank put that huge hole in the wall, what a way to BREAK in the new building
Old 12-16-2002, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had a fun time. The mod clas was fun. Thanks for the help Sean. And a specail thanks to Debbie for the track, marty for bringing Josh, and Josh just for coming! I had a great experience. thanks everybody.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.