NORA 2016-17 Carpet On-Road

Old 01-25-2017, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

will there be mod tc
Old 01-26-2017, 12:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Should be there was a class last race day.
Old 02-02-2017, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation RACING SATURDAY 2/4

Next race is this Saturday 02/4. Race #8 of the series.

Doors open at 9am. Racing at 11am.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Had a great time at the track today, love the new layout! Next race we will have a solid group of 1/12 that track is a blast in a pan car!
Old 02-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Looking Forward to F-1 and VTA Enduro

Originally Posted by JPG333 View Post
Just want to clarify our event dates so there is no confusion...

F1 day is Sunday February 26th.

6 hour VTA Enduro is on Saturday March 4th.

Hope this helps.
There is a nice group forming for the F-1 + Le Mans Sunday 2017 Carpet GP Today I was working on tires and the Le Mans Car, will post photos later

For the Le Man car I found this cheap $4.00 easy to install light kit at e-Bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4Pc-RC-On-Ro...AAAOSwgQ9VgUQq

We'll dim the light for the second half of the race, so no head lights ! Plus you get a 10 lap bonus with better visibility

For NORA VTA enduro I was hoping to form a team but didn't happen.
If any team needs a driver let me know to plan and show up

Cheers!
Marcos

Last edited by HeliYogi; 02-05-2017 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation 2017 Scale Spec / VTA Enduro

GL73MAN likes this.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Le Mans Car body's for the 24 Minute

Hi all, I've been receiving questions about which bodys to use for the Le Mans 24 minute race, here are some examples all available in e-Bay:

GT-3 type:

Here is a nice Honda (imitation) pre-painted for $14.00 on e-Bay

Prototype 1 type:

Old group "C" type

What probably won't make the cut?

Most 17.5 spec body (not really any real car but just light shells in form of a car)

Or body's that look like cars but have never been in Le Mans

I hope this helps

BTW we will be at NORA Feb 18 for the club race and to practice before our F-1 day event. Practice makes it faster
Old 02-10-2017, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Default Broadway Hobbies F-1 NW Carpet Champ Sponsors THANKS!

Originally Posted by JPG333 View Post
I am please To announce... Broadway Hobbies will be sponsoring the F1 Championship Race on Feb 26th. There will be hardware for top 3 finishers, along with a concourse award, and Hot Lap Qualifier award for both F1 and Le Mans. Would like to thank Lou Debenny and Broadway Hobbies for supporting our Club.

FantBulose!!!!!! (fantastic and fabulous )and Thank You NORA & JPG333

Cheers,
Marcos
Old 02-15-2017, 09:26 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Frank and I are planning to come down for your Feb 18th club race.

Look forward to getting on the track.
GL73MAN likes this.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thinking of stopping by for some practice. Can't make the full day and might have a novice or two. Would that be ok?
Old 02-17-2017, 11:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Come on lets get some more teams signed up for the 6 hour Enduro on March 4th. This is a great fun day of racing with friends. Talk about lots of track time for the money, you can't beat it... Lets Go!
Old 02-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Default F-1 NW 2017 Carpet Grand Prix at NORA

Originally Posted by HeliYogi View Post
Hi all, I've been receiving questions about which bodys to use for the Le Mans 24 minute race, here are some examples all available in e-Bay:

GT-3 type:

Here is a nice Honda (imitation) pre-painted for $14.00 on e-Bay

Prototype 1 type:

Old group "C" type

What probably won't make the cut?

Most 17.5 spec body (not really any real car but just light shells in form of a car)

Or body's that look like cars but have never been in Le Mans

I hope this helps

BTW we will be at NORA Feb 18 for the club race and to practice before our F-1 day event. Practice makes it faster
The big Sunday is almost here, regarding our race rules I want to remind all Formula One & Le Mans participants, that we are racing mostly on an honorary basis. However the rules will be enforced if needed, please be sure that you're on a 21.5 with Blinky speed control for F-1, and that your car complies with the UF-1 specs. We will tech podium finishers on each race.

Le Mans is an incredibly open class, already everyone has gone out of their way to come up with great chassis and the most important part realistic, scale, body's either from a running car that raced the 24hrs or a realistic running car in black, which is the color when doing testing configuration. If your body is not as described, then you have to go to the same effort that everybody else and get a realistic looking car, it's fun and worth it to see such cool replicas running with the lights on!

This is another example of a shell that is not a realistic scale and has never raced and the 24hrs so it's not within our specs.

Let's avoid the unnecessary embarrassment of getting disqualify for spec/tech reasons.

I expect lots of fun, as we had already a little taste last Saturday, and don't forget to thank our sponsor Broadway Hobbys!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

See you Sunday!
Cheers, Marcos

Last edited by HeliYogi; 02-20-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GL73MAN View Post
Come on lets get some more teams signed up for the 6 hour Enduro on March 4th. This is a great fun day of racing with friends. Talk about lots of track time for the money, you can't beat it... Lets Go!
If any team is short of a driver let me know (PM)

Marcos
Old 02-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

Jim,
You might want to look at the F1 northwest thread, as the last post of Marcos changing up some things for the F1 & Le Mans race has started a shit storm.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default My response from the F1 thread...

I have a busy work day ahead of me so I will chime in more about this when I have time today. A few things that I want to make clear. This is an F1 race day and LeMan's is a bonus class for fun and was not intended to be heavily spec'd out. F1 racing is the driver and purpose behind the event and NORA is behind promoting F1 racing. Marco has done a good job of promoting this event as he is enthusiastic about this class and I appreciate his efforts. While he has promoted for us not everything has been communicated to me how I would like to have received it and there are a few things I need to check into this morning and I want to read through your posts more carefully. I am am the director and a club officer at NORA and this is an event where we are learning about these cars and trying to build interest in our facility and F1 racing. At the track my decision is the final say and Feb 26 is no exception. The rules are vague for the LeMans class on the Flyer and I have to go by what is on the Flyer and there is not a lot of info on the cars so I can see why there is confusion. I would hope that you would all not make this LeMan's class make or break deal as the point of this event is to come out and have fun and help support the NORA program. LeMan's is not a NORA class... we don't run it regularly. So I would ask that you try your best to put a LeMan's car together is the spirit of the full scale class... Ultimately if the tire rule is loose allowing rubber or foam... I would like to see bodies in the spirit of LeMan's or close to it. There is a concourse award for LeMan's class so if you want to be eligible for it I suggest you make your body look good and have it be in the spirit of the class. Also keep in mind you will be docked 10 laps for not having working headlights and tail lights. This is how it will be enforced on race day. I really hope you all are excited and I will make an effort to answer your questions one by one as I have more time today.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.