Like Tree5Likes

PDX Mini Z Racing Club

Old 04-08-2016, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Yes we had a fun time. This video was what it was like with Blaine calling our races... the white marble was Bob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaMr6bFruF0
Old 04-14-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

IMPORTANT:

This coming Monday, April 18th, we will be racing back at the regular location (Farmers office) 8625 SW Cascade Ave #310, Beaverton, OR 97008

We will have a nice wide track with some good cornering. no bridge this time.

Due to some scheduling issues, the upcoming weeks may be changed weekly. Stay tuned. We do have a back up place reserved for May. I am still checking into other places.

On the lighter side: I thought of checking into gym space as there are million little gyms with space that don't get used all the time... but this video shows what we may have to endure to use their space. https://www.facebook.com/slotcar.rac...658812?fref=nf

Last edited by SC Fever; 04-14-2016 at 01:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

This coming Monday we are back on schedule for the third Monday of the month at Farmers office.

Last week we had fun running the How Fast Are You (HFAY) track, time trial #1. This was a chance to compare our abilities against other racers across the country.

We actually did really well for our first time out. Cameron 7th, Ty 13th, Bob 14th, and I think Blaine was in the early 20's position of the 50 plus folks who have sent their times in nationally. I'd say that was a pretty good start.

This week, we will do track #2. see tracks and info here. http://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/9

For group races, we will change a corner or two and add some length. These lower numbered time trials are pretty basic for us. It will be fun.

May 16th, Farmers office, 6pm. See you there.

Ty
Old 06-02-2016, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Thinking about grabing a MR03s readyset for a track in my garage... anyone selling?
Old 06-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by tommy911t View Post
Thinking about grabing a MR03s readyset for a track in my garage... anyone selling?
I don't know anyone in the club currently selling anything but I can ask tomorrow during the meeting.

What kind of track do you have in your garage? Do you live around Portland?
Old 06-05-2016, 06:51 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Everybody, It's race night tomorrow night. We will be meeting at the alternate location,

Roundtable Pizza,
10070 SW Barbur Blvd, Portland, OR 97219
Phone (503) 245-2211

We will be setting up around 5:30 and race to 9:30.

Will be racing HFAY again, track #3, and we will be sending out times in to rank us nationally. Should be fun.

http://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/10

See you there,

Ty
Old 06-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BladeSling View Post
I don't know anyone in the club currently selling anything but I can ask tomorrow during the meeting.

What kind of track do you have in your garage? Do you live around Portland?
Im here in North Portland off Lombard, near Denver.

I have yet to pick up a track, but I'm looking at the possibility of RCP Wide or simply foam mats. I'd like to introduce rc to my son soon, and aftr I get him a silvercan backyard basher, I think miniz would be great for indoors.

Right now I race bikes on monday nights, but that ends in August. Hope to be able to come check out the action around then. BTW, you get to race at a Pizza shop?! Amazing!!!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Hey Tommy, The club has some leads on a pile of track and older cars that we are trying to figure what we want and don't. We already have most of what we need, and can manage, transport and store. There will be plenty for you as well. We will be trying to get it closer to fall and will loop you in. I will have to pull up the list, but i don't think there were any MR03s, i think they were MR02's, and F1, and were a little old, but would be fun. But we also have a fully ready and speedy (Cameron Kellog tuned) club car you can run any time once your bicycle racing season ends. And yes, pizza and mini z = a good time. Keep watch here and facebook. Please send me your email sometime. I group out the same message most of the time, but it would be good for club info to put you on the list. Cheers.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Sweet! Thanks for getting the word out.

I noticed many hfay results weere with the MR02. Anyone running the actual hfay program? Last I heard you guys were just running ready sets and still having a blast.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tommy911t View Post
Sweet! Thanks for getting the word out.

I noticed many hfay results weere with the MR02. Anyone running the actual hfay program? Last I heard you guys were just running ready sets and still having a blast.
there is a good mix of MR-02, 03, 03S cars running, alot of the time trial results are set with the 02 and go back years. the times would only update if the racer runs again and with different chassis.

I recently added the balance of the tracks from 7-20 so times haven't been posted for most of them. we originally only setup 6 tracks for the time trials.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,

Due to some scheduling challenges and locations, (plus it's summer and it's nice outside), we won't be racing again the rest of June.

The next normal schedule (1st Monday and 3rd Monday) would be July 4th. Celebrate with your family and friends on the 4th and come racing with us on July 11th.

Stay tuned for location.

Ty
Old 06-13-2016, 05:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

your times for HFAY Time Trial Track 3 are posted.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:04 AM
Tech Adept

PDX Mini Z is tops in the country.... presently. We are working on the old time trials list at www.howfastareyou.com. Bob is numero uno. Congrats Bob. Ty 7th, Blaine 10th, and Ken coming off a year break got on the board beating out Dangerous Dave. Good job guys.

Ya ya, i know, those time trials were clocked a couple years ago and we are using the next gen faster cars... but hey, at least for the moment, PDX Mini Z is rockin the #1 plate. Check it out here: https://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/10 Woot woot.

Come join us July 11th. We will either be doing more time trials or possibly be jumping in to the 5 month HFAY racing series to see how good we really are.

Stay tuned for location updates.

See you then, Ty
Old 07-07-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Hey everybody,

July racing is here and we will be joining the national How Fast Are You (HFAY) point series for the next few months. We will still be racing twice per month, but one week we will be using as a fun / practice session and the next time will be the actual race.

This is a 5 month series (July Ė Nov), with 10 races (5 tracks, run once clockwise, then again counter clockwise). We will do both forwards and reverse the same night. So it means if you can only make it once per month, come out on points night. The series allows for 2 drops, so miss one night during the 5 nights, thatís your two drops.

In keeping with tradition for rc racing seriesí, we will have finalist plaques at the end of the series for just our PDX Mini Z club (1st Ė last). And we will have a Red Leader plaque that will get transferred to the leader for the next month. With points being 1 point apart per race, itís anyoneís game. Basically, itís a local pointís series for plaques, within a national pointís series for bragging rights.

This month we are meeting on Mondays, July 11th and July 25th. Both times will be at the Roundtable Pizza on Barbur Blvd. 10070 SW Barbur Blvd, Portland, OR 97219, Phone: (503) 245-2211

We only have until 9:30 each night, so get there as early as possible, help set track up, order pizza, and we can get rollin. Iím usually there by 5:30.

Oh, did i say there was no charge to enter the series or race during practice nights? ...except for your dinner at Roundtable.

See you there, Ty

Event rulles: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/HFAY-S22-RACER-Manual%20(1).pdf
July race track: http://www.howfastareyou.com/events/index/267
Old 07-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Welcome to the HFAY series PDX members!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service