THANK YOU!!!

Old 09-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default THANK YOU!!!

I want to take this opportunity to say thanks to everyone that has supported the Northwest Championship Tour. I think it has been a positive step forward for the whole of off-road RC racing in the Northwest. Iím glad I started it and I hope it survives.

Iíd like to make special mention of Jeff Carlsonís support of the NCT through Maximizer Racing Products. He hasnít been thanked or recognized enough! So, the next time you see Jeff please, PLEASE say thank you.

Also, I want to say thanks to the ABSOLUTE greatest people, at the best companies, with the best products in RC:

Marc Jensen @ Byronís RACE fuel
Kent Poulsen and John Mortan @ Panther Tires
Ralph Burch Jr and the crew, Dumas, Brian @ RC America; XRAY/HUDY
Ron Hopkins and Eric @ WERKS Racing
Mike Mayberry @ HiTec RCD

There is absolutely no way I would have been as successful without their killer products or their outstanding support of my race program. Everyone in the country should be so lucky to be associated with sponsors such as these.

I am taking this opportunity to say thanks because for the foreseeable future, I will no longer be RC racing. I have certain goals that I really want (and need) to achieve. The amount of time that I can continue to devote to driving (not to mention wrenching) is so small that, if it happens again it would be maybe 1 race a year and probably on borrowed equipment that had been prepared for me to drive.

With all of this being said, Iím not quite sure at this moment if my future will be somewhat aligned with the RC industry or not. I have been approached by a couple of companies about team management positions. I do have some RC related product concepts that would be profit-making investments. And, I suppose my marketing background would be valuable within the industry. So, who knows for sureÖÖ

Thanks for the great times, the great competition and the great memories. I wonít forget them or the people that helped create them.

Mike
Old 09-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Mike sorry to see you go. But life and Family is far more important that toy cars.

P.S. I want your Sponsors! LOL
Old 09-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Mike,

Best of luck in your new ventures. You have definetely helped the Northwest get to the next level in racing.

Darren
Old 09-07-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Regular

Mike,

Best of luck wherever you decide to go or do. I am positive it will be a winning venture for sure.

Call me when you get a chance. My numbers are in the email from last week.

Roy
Old 09-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Dan Gavere

Good luck Mike, and thanks for the incouragement and tires. I am sure you will be roosting in your heart and soul. Maybe someday down the road... we can race again. I will never forget the qualifier/demo at Walla Walla in Unlimited MT. Great racing.

Dan Gavere
Old 09-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

no more mike dana....that sucks, i always have fun racin with ya. from now on i will dedicate 1 qual to you every race. probibally the one that i break in just kiddin. seriously you will be missed by everyone.......dibs on the HB truck
Old 09-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks guys.

Roy, nice AVATAR!!! I'll call you.

Walla Walla.....That was fun! I didn't care about anything during that demo/race. It was fun just letting it hang out If I could have turned of the caring part I'd probably made a national show by now...... ironic.

Garrett, the HB was sold to one of my sponsors just before I posted the first post. Sorry dude. I do have all of the RTR stuff off of it that would probably suit you well... ...just kidding dude.

PEACE-I'm out...........

my email: [email protected]
Old 09-08-2005, 10:25 PM
Tech Addict

Holy Crap! No Way.....Really?
Dude, Dude, Dude....

I move away from town and see what happens?

Seriously, Mike, thanks for all the help over the past few years. Thanks for the setup tips, (I really did listen, but I didn't want you to know).

Thanks for all the help with the club, RCCCW will miss you.

Thanks for getting me in the door with a few of your sponsers for last years Shoot-Out, We really appreciated it.

Thanks for supplying me the much needed intelligence & materials for the Shoot-Out over the years. Your help and support was definitely appreciated by the Club and myself.

And if I missed something, let me know. If you are ever down the Oregon Coast way... Helen and I will have a beach chair and margeritta(sp) waiting for you.

Jay Harrison
Old 09-09-2005, 09:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Mike

Sad to see you go, always a blast watching you race. I am very glad we found a common ground before you bailed on me

c-ya

your Canby pit beotch

dylanj