Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Cascade Asphalt Racing Series (CARS) >

Cascade Asphalt Racing Series (CARS)

Cascade Asphalt Racing Series (CARS)

Reply

Old 05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
  #16  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (50)
 
Logi Maker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 5,675
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default

Cascade Asphalt Racing Series (CARS)-turtle_and_panda_by_sleek_phantom-d51ym2m.jpeg
Logi Maker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:35 PM
  #17  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kody View Post
I will NOT bow to the social networking peer pressure, but I'll give you a +1

Really liking how you're doing the raffle. Gives people a little incentive to show up at every race.
Carnage9270 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 09:32 PM
  #18  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
LEM C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Seatown
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Ritchie and Kody for putting this series together.
LEM C is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM
  #19  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,001
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Just found out about this thread today.

Ritchie and Kody, thanks for heading up a *traveling* racing series. I think it brings a lot to the entire racing scene by creating new exposure to all the racing venues, which normally wouldn't happen. I know that Brian's previous series pulled me into going to Timezone for the very first time. That place is a mind bender, in the very best way imaginable.

Jake D.
Magnet Top is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 PM
  #20  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (79)
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 4,059
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Kody and Ritchie. Looking forward to making some of these races. Hopefully all of them.
jeff jenkins is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:28 AM
  #21  
Tech Master
 
busman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Enumclaw, Washington
Posts: 1,435
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
If I am able to attend (work), I'd prefer 5 minute qualifier, 6 minute mains. I'll be happy tho at whatever is decided.

Thanks turtle and panda.

Steve
Steve, This isn't 1956, It should be 8min Mains, the technology demands at least that.

And Yes Thanks Kotle.
busman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:51 AM
  #22  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (1)
 
LEM C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Seatown
Posts: 217
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post

So we have a question for you the racers. Heat and main length. . Would you like 5 minute quals and 8 minute mains or keep it the standard 6 and 6?
I would like 5 min quals and 8 min mains.
LEM C is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:10 AM
  #23  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,132
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

.

Last edited by dragonracing; 05-04-2014 at 11:32 AM.
dragonracing is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:43 AM
  #24  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (80)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,906
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

what is wrong with the standard ?
OVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:53 AM
  #25  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

This is coming from a new racer so don't take what I say as anything worth a grain of salt.

I think everyone wants as much track time as possible. Could we set it up by the number of entries we have for a given day? Would have to be calculated each day of course to allow enough time to finish within our "sunshine" periods. So, if we have a low turnout, we could run 8 min qualifiers and 8 min mains. If it's a heavy turnout we could bump it down to 5 and 5. I'm not sure how long it takes to run a complete race from "get your ass on the track" to the final car passes the loop but im sure it can be guestimated. Now running 15 min races might hinder some who don't have high capacity batteries, but I'm sure there's a sweet spot somewhere.
Carnage9270 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 AM
  #26  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (80)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,906
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carnage9270 View Post
This is coming from a new racer so don't take what I say as anything worth a grain of salt.

I think everyone wants as much track time as possible. Could we set it up by the number of entries we have for a given day? Would have to be calculated each day of course to allow enough time to finish within our "sunshine" periods. So, if we have a low turnout, we could run 8 min qualifiers and 8 min mains. If it's a heavy turnout we could bump it down to 5 and 5. I'm not sure how long it takes to run a complete race from "get your ass on the track" to the final car passes the loop but im sure it can be guestimated. Now running 15 min races might hinder some who don't have high capacity batteries, but I'm sure there's a sweet spot somewhere.
I do understand everyone want more track time...just increase more time for practice ..done
OVA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:15 AM
  #27  
Tech Addict
 
corrolla2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 557
Default

coolbeans 8 minutes is cool with me and hope to make 2 or 3 of these
corrolla2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:24 AM
  #28  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (99)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,608
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
why not 7 min qual and a 15 min main? our batteries are more than capable.

but i like the idea of 5 min quals and 8 min mains.
Doug,

Just because we might be able to run that long doesn't mean we should. What do you think your awesome car will feel like when your tires heat up to the point of sliding around around the x amount of time, just to hear the rd announce 9 minutes to go. Also, these tires cost some coin and the extra run time, especially when they are overheated will mean that they get destroyed quicker. We set up our cars for 5 or 6 minutes in qualifying so I feel racing the main should be of similar time which is why I posted what I would prefer a few posts back.

The reason I would rather have normal race lengths in both qualifiers and mains is so we could keep the 3 qualifiers that Kody mentioned in the original post. These series have had big turnouts in the past and I would think that it will have big turnouts now.

Steve
corallyman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:25 AM
  #29  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,051
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Doug,

Just because we might be able to run that long doesn't mean we should. What do you think your awesome car will feel like when your tires heat up to the point of sliding around around the x amount of time, just to hear the rd announce 9 minutes to go. Also, these tires cost some coin and the extra run time, especially when they are overheated will mean that they get destroyed quicker. We set up our cars for 5 or 6 minutes in qualifying so I feel racing the main should be of similar time which is why I posted what I would prefer a few posts back.

The reason I would rather have normal race lengths in both qualifiers and mains is so we could keep the 3 qualifiers that Kody mentioned in the original post. These series have had big turnouts in the past and I would think that it will have big turnouts now.

Steve
Great point. Tires are gonna be expensive this summer VTA Pillows FTW! 3 qualifiers gives plenty of track time as well hehe.
Carnage9270 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:26 AM
  #30  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (99)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,608
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by busman View Post
Steve, This isn't 1956, It should be 8min Mains, the technology demands at least that.

And Yes Thanks Kotle.
1956 is a little before my time, so I wouldn't have any reference to that era, do you?
corallyman is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service