Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cascade Asphalt Racing Series (CARS)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Cascade Asphalt Racing Series (CARS)-turtle_and_panda_by_sleek_phantom-d51ym2m.jpeg
Old 05-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kody
I will NOT bow to the social networking peer pressure, but I'll give you a +1

Really liking how you're doing the raffle. Gives people a little incentive to show up at every race.
Old 05-02-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Ritchie and Kody for putting this series together.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Just found out about this thread today.

Ritchie and Kody, thanks for heading up a *traveling* racing series. I think it brings a lot to the entire racing scene by creating new exposure to all the racing venues, which normally wouldn't happen. I know that Brian's previous series pulled me into going to Timezone for the very first time. That place is a mind bender, in the very best way imaginable.

Jake D.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Thanks Kody and Ritchie. Looking forward to making some of these races. Hopefully all of them.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman
If I am able to attend (work), I'd prefer 5 minute qualifier, 6 minute mains. I'll be happy tho at whatever is decided.

Thanks turtle and panda.

Steve
Steve, This isn't 1956, It should be 8min Mains, the technology demands at least that.

And Yes Thanks Kotle.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot

So we have a question for you the racers. Heat and main length. . Would you like 5 minute quals and 8 minute mains or keep it the standard 6 and 6?
I would like 5 min quals and 8 min mains.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Last edited by dragonracing; 05-04-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:43 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

what is wrong with the standard ?
Old 05-04-2014, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

This is coming from a new racer so don't take what I say as anything worth a grain of salt.

I think everyone wants as much track time as possible. Could we set it up by the number of entries we have for a given day? Would have to be calculated each day of course to allow enough time to finish within our "sunshine" periods. So, if we have a low turnout, we could run 8 min qualifiers and 8 min mains. If it's a heavy turnout we could bump it down to 5 and 5. I'm not sure how long it takes to run a complete race from "get your ass on the track" to the final car passes the loop but im sure it can be guestimated. Now running 15 min races might hinder some who don't have high capacity batteries, but I'm sure there's a sweet spot somewhere.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:12 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
This is coming from a new racer so don't take what I say as anything worth a grain of salt.

I think everyone wants as much track time as possible. Could we set it up by the number of entries we have for a given day? Would have to be calculated each day of course to allow enough time to finish within our "sunshine" periods. So, if we have a low turnout, we could run 8 min qualifiers and 8 min mains. If it's a heavy turnout we could bump it down to 5 and 5. I'm not sure how long it takes to run a complete race from "get your ass on the track" to the final car passes the loop but im sure it can be guestimated. Now running 15 min races might hinder some who don't have high capacity batteries, but I'm sure there's a sweet spot somewhere.
I do understand everyone want more track time...just increase more time for practice ..done
Old 05-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Tech Addict

coolbeans 8 minutes is cool with me and hope to make 2 or 3 of these
Old 05-04-2014, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
why not 7 min qual and a 15 min main? our batteries are more than capable.

but i like the idea of 5 min quals and 8 min mains.
Doug,

Just because we might be able to run that long doesn't mean we should. What do you think your awesome car will feel like when your tires heat up to the point of sliding around around the x amount of time, just to hear the rd announce 9 minutes to go. Also, these tires cost some coin and the extra run time, especially when they are overheated will mean that they get destroyed quicker. We set up our cars for 5 or 6 minutes in qualifying so I feel racing the main should be of similar time which is why I posted what I would prefer a few posts back.

The reason I would rather have normal race lengths in both qualifiers and mains is so we could keep the 3 qualifiers that Kody mentioned in the original post. These series have had big turnouts in the past and I would think that it will have big turnouts now.

Steve
Old 05-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by corallyman
Doug,

Just because we might be able to run that long doesn't mean we should. What do you think your awesome car will feel like when your tires heat up to the point of sliding around around the x amount of time, just to hear the rd announce 9 minutes to go. Also, these tires cost some coin and the extra run time, especially when they are overheated will mean that they get destroyed quicker. We set up our cars for 5 or 6 minutes in qualifying so I feel racing the main should be of similar time which is why I posted what I would prefer a few posts back.

The reason I would rather have normal race lengths in both qualifiers and mains is so we could keep the 3 qualifiers that Kody mentioned in the original post. These series have had big turnouts in the past and I would think that it will have big turnouts now.

Steve
Great point. Tires are gonna be expensive this summer VTA Pillows FTW! 3 qualifiers gives plenty of track time as well hehe.
Old 05-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
Steve, This isn't 1956, It should be 8min Mains, the technology demands at least that.

And Yes Thanks Kotle.
1956 is a little before my time, so I wouldn't have any reference to that era, do you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.