Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
2014 ROSECITY RACERS/TIMEZONE RACEWAY >

2014 ROSECITY RACERS/TIMEZONE RACEWAY

2014 ROSECITY RACERS/TIMEZONE RACEWAY

Old 06-22-2014, 10:13 PM
  #226  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,693
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Photocycler
Hey Guys...its been awhile since I have picked up a transmitter so wanted to get the latest. Couple questions, is the indoor track running during the summer or only winter? If so, what are practice and race days and what time. I am considering getting back into it but need to make sure it works with my available hours which is why I got out of it last time.
Only during the winter we run indoor. We are outside at Timezone Raceway Park for the summer. Look at the first post of this thread for our schedule. I post on here often for updates and added dates. Also we are on FB under Rose City Scale Racing.
T-Hawk is offline  
Old 06-23-2014, 12:35 PM
  #227  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (20)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Beavercreek
Posts: 2,191
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

I was out of town this weekend, so wasn't able to make it up to race. It looks like there's not much interest in running F1 on the outdoor track based on the race results. Anyone think this may change? I don't get to race often, so I may sell the SP-1 to help fund a car for a more popular class.
Sorcerer001 is offline  
Old 06-23-2014, 01:06 PM
  #228  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,693
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
I was out of town this weekend, so wasn't able to make it up to race. It looks like there's not much interest in running F1 on the outdoor track based on the race results. Anyone think this may change? I don't get to race often, so I may sell the SP-1 to help fund a car for a more popular class.
Thats a sticky situation. The guys that were running the F-1's last year either retired or started families. If F-1 is your only class, then yes, you would be better suited to get a different car to race. If it is your second class, then keep it, because it only takes a few interested people to get it going again!
T-Hawk is offline  
Old 06-23-2014, 02:52 PM
  #229  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
angrymelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Got the 21.5 soldered up, ordered a 37T pinion and a Pantera body Hopefully have it here before the weekend!
angrymelon is offline  
Old 06-26-2014, 02:36 PM
  #230  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,693
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

T-N-T has been cancelled for this evening
T-Hawk is offline  
Old 06-26-2014, 03:37 PM
  #231  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
angrymelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

What would you say the odds are that we'll get clear weather for Sunday's race?
angrymelon is offline  
Old 06-26-2014, 04:11 PM
  #232  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,693
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by angrymelon
What would you say the odds are that we'll get clear weather for Sunday's race?
It's looking pretty good right now
T-Hawk is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 08:58 AM
  #233  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
angrymelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone interested in a national points series for VTA and USGT? For those of you who haven't seen the thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...mpionship.html

Registration starts July 1st.
angrymelon is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 11:20 AM
  #234  
Tech Master
iTrader: (78)
 
oldguyzrule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Warshington
Posts: 1,028
Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default USVTA

Originally Posted by angrymelon
Anyone interested in a national points series for VTA and USGT? For those of you who haven't seen the thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...mpionship.html

Registration starts July 1st.
None of the northwest tracks run USVTA rules. I for one would love to run 100% USVTA legal but I do understand the need for "scale spec" to keep the entry and interest level high. Unfortunately running 100% USVTA legal outdoors would just make us a speed bump.......although if you set your car up USVTA legal I will as well and we can just block for each other!!! Ha!
oldguyzrule is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 12:16 PM
  #235  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,693
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by oldguyzrule
None of the northwest tracks run USVTA rules. I for one would love to run 100% USVTA legal but I do understand the need for "scale spec" to keep the entry and interest level high. Unfortunately running 100% USVTA legal outdoors would just make us a speed bump.......although if you set your car up USVTA legal I will as well and we can just block for each other!!! Ha!
If it wasnt 2 seperate classes, massive amount of weights, battery limits, special paint jobs.....and so on......it might work.
T-Hawk is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 12:20 PM
  #236  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kirkland, WA
Posts: 1,300
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
If it wasnt 2 seperate classes, massive amount of weights, battery limits, special paint jobs.....and so on......it might work.
Yeah I've looked at it before and while it sounds fun, the restrictions are just too much. Becomes a little snobby if you show up without a period accurate paint job. Not my style, but it appeals to many.
Carnage9270 is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 PM
  #237  
Tech Master
iTrader: (36)
 
Photocycler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 1,198
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Curious, are many people running the RC10TC6.2 here?

I have a chance to get one from a buddy for basically nothing, I have only ran World GT class at TZ2 before so want to make sure this is a somewhat popular car at the track so I can seek help in setting it up. I would run stock class.
Photocycler is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 09:11 PM
  #238  
Tech Master
iTrader: (51)
 
Troy Mckune's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 1,805
Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Photocycler
Curious, are many people running the RC10TC6.2 here?

I have a chance to get one from a buddy for basically nothing, I have only ran World GT class at TZ2 before so want to make sure this is a somewhat popular car at the track so I can seek help in setting it up. I would run stock class.
I used to run the TC6. The TC6.2 is a great car especially if you can get it cheap. That being said you will be mostly on your own in Portland/Vancouver. None of the hobby shops or tracks carry TC6 parts and no one is running one. Kevin Hebert's setups are very good and he comes to TZ2 every year. Also, in Seattle there are a few who run the car that would help as well.

The most supported and ran car locally is the VBC D06, 2nd would be the Xray T4. TZ2 carries parts for the VBC and some for the Xray.

Changing my 2nd gear and working on my GT for Sunday! I cannot wait. I have not raced it since last years TZGP. I might try to get the nitro sedan going as well.

T
Troy Mckune is offline  
Old 06-27-2014, 10:45 PM
  #239  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Milwaukie OR
Posts: 1,064
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Holy crap a McTroy sighting this weekend. Remember Mcplow there is no dirt or jumps on this track.
Oh and there is supposed to be some guy named Pullhard there too. Sunday should be a fun day.
DaredevilD is offline  
Old 06-28-2014, 05:35 AM
  #240  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
T-Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: La Center
Posts: 2,693
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sunday is going to be a Great Day! And you get to have the Hyena as your RD for the day.
T-Hawk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.