Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
2014 ROSECITY RACERS/TIMEZONE RACEWAY >

2014 ROSECITY RACERS/TIMEZONE RACEWAY

2014 ROSECITY RACERS/TIMEZONE RACEWAY

Old 06-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Photocycler
Hey Guys...its been awhile since I have picked up a transmitter so wanted to get the latest. Couple questions, is the indoor track running during the summer or only winter? If so, what are practice and race days and what time. I am considering getting back into it but need to make sure it works with my available hours which is why I got out of it last time.
Only during the winter we run indoor. We are outside at Timezone Raceway Park for the summer. Look at the first post of this thread for our schedule. I post on here often for updates and added dates. Also we are on FB under Rose City Scale Racing.
Old 06-23-2014, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I was out of town this weekend, so wasn't able to make it up to race. It looks like there's not much interest in running F1 on the outdoor track based on the race results. Anyone think this may change? I don't get to race often, so I may sell the SP-1 to help fund a car for a more popular class.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
I was out of town this weekend, so wasn't able to make it up to race. It looks like there's not much interest in running F1 on the outdoor track based on the race results. Anyone think this may change? I don't get to race often, so I may sell the SP-1 to help fund a car for a more popular class.
Thats a sticky situation. The guys that were running the F-1's last year either retired or started families. If F-1 is your only class, then yes, you would be better suited to get a different car to race. If it is your second class, then keep it, because it only takes a few interested people to get it going again!
Old 06-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got the 21.5 soldered up, ordered a 37T pinion and a Pantera body Hopefully have it here before the weekend!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

T-N-T has been cancelled for this evening
Old 06-26-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Master

What would you say the odds are that we'll get clear weather for Sunday's race?
Old 06-26-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by angrymelon
What would you say the odds are that we'll get clear weather for Sunday's race?
It's looking pretty good right now
Old 06-27-2014, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Anyone interested in a national points series for VTA and USGT? For those of you who haven't seen the thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...mpionship.html

Registration starts July 1st.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 78 (100%+)
Default USVTA

Originally Posted by angrymelon
Anyone interested in a national points series for VTA and USGT? For those of you who haven't seen the thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...mpionship.html

Registration starts July 1st.
None of the northwest tracks run USVTA rules. I for one would love to run 100% USVTA legal but I do understand the need for "scale spec" to keep the entry and interest level high. Unfortunately running 100% USVTA legal outdoors would just make us a speed bump.......although if you set your car up USVTA legal I will as well and we can just block for each other!!! Ha!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oldguyzrule
None of the northwest tracks run USVTA rules. I for one would love to run 100% USVTA legal but I do understand the need for "scale spec" to keep the entry and interest level high. Unfortunately running 100% USVTA legal outdoors would just make us a speed bump.......although if you set your car up USVTA legal I will as well and we can just block for each other!!! Ha!
If it wasnt 2 seperate classes, massive amount of weights, battery limits, special paint jobs.....and so on......it might work.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
If it wasnt 2 seperate classes, massive amount of weights, battery limits, special paint jobs.....and so on......it might work.
Yeah I've looked at it before and while it sounds fun, the restrictions are just too much. Becomes a little snobby if you show up without a period accurate paint job. Not my style, but it appeals to many.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Curious, are many people running the RC10TC6.2 here?

I have a chance to get one from a buddy for basically nothing, I have only ran World GT class at TZ2 before so want to make sure this is a somewhat popular car at the track so I can seek help in setting it up. I would run stock class.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Photocycler
Curious, are many people running the RC10TC6.2 here?

I have a chance to get one from a buddy for basically nothing, I have only ran World GT class at TZ2 before so want to make sure this is a somewhat popular car at the track so I can seek help in setting it up. I would run stock class.
I used to run the TC6. The TC6.2 is a great car especially if you can get it cheap. That being said you will be mostly on your own in Portland/Vancouver. None of the hobby shops or tracks carry TC6 parts and no one is running one. Kevin Hebert's setups are very good and he comes to TZ2 every year. Also, in Seattle there are a few who run the car that would help as well.

The most supported and ran car locally is the VBC D06, 2nd would be the Xray T4. TZ2 carries parts for the VBC and some for the Xray.

Changing my 2nd gear and working on my GT for Sunday! I cannot wait. I have not raced it since last years TZGP. I might try to get the nitro sedan going as well.

T
Old 06-27-2014, 10:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Holy crap a McTroy sighting this weekend. Remember Mcplow there is no dirt or jumps on this track.
Oh and there is supposed to be some guy named Pullhard there too. Sunday should be a fun day.
Old 06-28-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Sunday is going to be a Great Day! And you get to have the Hyena as your RD for the day.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.