2014 NORA 6 Hour Enduro

Old 01-05-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2014 NORA 6 Hour Enduro

Yes it's time again for the 6 hour endure. Last year was a blast and this year will be more of the same. Last year Team Schumacher took the win, putting on a show of patience and more patience. They kept their noses clean and it paid off with the win, and the distance mark to beat! ( Yes Todd I have that info and I will post it later!) Sporting a Silvercan and I believe the only team to do so they marched their way to the lead and never looked back.

Date : Feb 2nd
Time : Race will start at 9. Doors will be open at 7 for any last min practice.
Teams : This year we will have 10 teams again but we will have 5 man teams. Last year there were several people who wanted to participate but couldn't so I wanted to allow more people to join in on the fun. 10 cars is max on our track so hopefully more drivers per team will work out. Each driver must drive at least twice during the race.

Mostly the same rules as last year.

Scale spec rules. 25.5 or silvercan motors, realistic looking or vintage bodies, HPI D compound tires ect! You can find the scale spec rules at http://seattlercracers.com/ under Specs and Rules.

As it was last year we will drive the first 2 hours with the lights on, turn them off for 2 hours then back on for the last 2 hours. All cars must have working head lights and taillights. The twist this year is your headlights and taillights must be working through the night phase. After that if your lights don't work you suck, but you still get to race. If a cars headlights or taillights are not working the team will be asked to pull the car until they get them fixed. I will not call a car for one headlight or taillight out, unless your beating me (JK). Both front or both rear have to be out for a car to be called off the track. Once the lights come back on if you couldn't get your lights going you can put your car back on the track and finish the race.

Cost of the event will be $60 per team. That's $12 per driver. Why the extra $2 you ask? Well its to help pay for the poor race announcer who has to yell into the mic for 6 hours straight! All 5 team members finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will receive trophies.

The track is located at the Skagit County fairgrounds, building F 1410 Virginia St. Mount Vernon, Wa. 98273. enter in the South entrance. The track will be set up on Saturday the 1st in the morning and open all day for teams to come up and dial in their rigs. Feel free to look up the Nora On road Thread or check their web site for more dates available to practice. There will be 3 days including the 1st to practice. Tables are available but chairs could be a problem so if you have a chair and can do so, bring it along.

This is NOT YET a national event. This is a chance to have fun racing with friends in a non pressure setting. Kick back and have some fun. Last year we had an awesome mix of ages and driving ability. The team that won did so by showing endless patience.

Again, I am limiting the field to 10 teams. First come, first race! Let me know by PM, by email or right here on the thread that you have a team and I will fill the list. I will update here as teams sign up. Give me a team name and a driver list.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I plan on fielding a team again. This time I am going to use locktite!!

Steve
Old 01-06-2014, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

can't wait.

had a blast last year
Old 01-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Put me down for a team of Awesomatix drivers.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

4 teams signed up so far

Team Broadway Hobbies
Team Nora
Team Awesomatix
Team Steve Curry

6 team spots left. First come first serve. I'll post names to the teams soon!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I want to drive! Let me know if you need a scale spec wheel.

I'd field a team, but I'll be in Hong Kong 'til February 1st, so I won't have time to make sure the car is squared away. I will pitch in $$ for body, tires, light kit, etc.

EDIT: Screw that, I'm not leaving 'til the 18th, I can get the car sorted out before I go! Sign up Team Fruete (name pending), and post up if you want to join my team!

-Mike
Old 01-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey grip. ide like to join if i could. lemme know doug.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dragonracing View Post
hey grip. ide like to join if i could. lemme know doug.
You're in!

Does anyone have a good idea of how many batteries and 5amp chargers are necessary to run one car?

What about tires? Is it worth having multiple sets and keeping them sauced? Or just start with a fresh set and go the distance?

-Mike
Old 01-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
You're in!

Does anyone have a good idea of how many batteries and 5amp chargers are necessary to run one car?

What about tires? Is it worth having multiple sets and keeping them sauced? Or just start with a fresh set and go the distance?

-Mike
3-4 batteries at 5 amps. You can run over 30 min on 5500mah batts. One new set of tires last the distance with no problems
Old 01-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Hey Mike,

T-Hawk nailed it. My team found the exact same results.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Hey Mike,

T-Hawk nailed it. My team found the exact same results.
Cool. How long can you run on a 6800mah battery?

Anyway, if everyone on the team brings a charger, we'll be all set.

As for tires, with the multiple sets + saucing question, it was kind of more performance. I've done long practice stints and scale spec tires don't seem to get that bad in 10-15 minutes. But 6 hours is a whole different ballgame. It seems like maybe doing a quick wipe-down with sauce or something, even if not changing, might be worthwhile. Or does that just trip up the rhythm and cause mistakes due to a lap of skating and then hyper grip and then back to normal for each pit stop?

I just set up my T4'13 with an old skyline body, cheater TC wing (will cut it down more at the track), my old ballistic, and my VTA tires, for a shakedown at the Hangar tomorrow. It'll probably be grossly underweight and have too much rear aero, but it should still be interesting to compare it to my Poomacher.

-Mike
Old 01-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

5 teams signed up, 5 to go.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Cool. How long can you run on a 6800mah battery?

Anyway, if everyone on the team brings a charger, we'll be all set.

As for tires, with the multiple sets + saucing question, it was kind of more performance. I've done long practice stints and scale spec tires don't seem to get that bad in 10-15 minutes. But 6 hours is a whole different ballgame. It seems like maybe doing a quick wipe-down with sauce or something, even if not changing, might be worthwhile. Or does that just trip up the rhythm and cause mistakes due to a lap of skating and then hyper grip and then back to normal for each pit stop?

I just set up my T4'13 with an old skyline body, cheater TC wing (will cut it down more at the track), my old ballistic, and my VTA tires, for a shakedown at the Hangar tomorrow. It'll probably be grossly underweight and have too much rear aero, but it should still be interesting to compare it to my Poomacher.

-Mike
Don't over think it mike. You won't have to sauce during the race
Old 01-09-2014, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Adam Gorski (metalnut) is now signed up for Team Fruete.

Garrett Smith (flameoutgarrett) is interested after shaking the car down at the Hangar last night, but needs to check his schedule.

-Mike
Old 01-09-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Im hoping i can make it up saturday if work dont get in the way then i can get a few test laps in to shake the car down.

Last edited by dragonracing; 01-09-2014 at 02:28 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.