Old 07-30-2005, 09:00 AM
saw
Tech Adept

what tires do i need for gas truck thanks
Old 07-30-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by saw
what tires do i need for gas truck thanks
The track tends to be pretty dynamic. The cheapest way to go would be to have some bowties for the rear. That's what I plan on running for the most part. If the track gets dried out and grooved like it did for the Pro Series, hole shots would work if you keep it out of the loose stuff on the edges. IFMAR PINS may work, too. It sort of depends on when your heat is after they water the track. As far as front tires, you're on your own.
Chris Woods, what'd you run for tires during the Pro Series?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I ran Holeshots in the front all weekend. Even though "I" wasn't there (mentally....as usual), the car was very consistent as long as you stayed in the groove. EVERYONE ran bowties in the rear (M3's). If you wanted a more aggressive/precise feel to the car, the Proline Edge (M3) was what all the A-Main drivers were running.

Because Tim will be watering the track and probably blow-drying it after every round or so....You might get away with Holeshots in the rear....but don't bet on it.

Ifmar Pin's are good, but won't make a 30 minute main as the "pin" rounds off after a 5 minute qual and renders them useless if you get out of the groove.

8th scale was up in the air....I believe Bill Sned. ran a different set/type of tire for every qual and main....and was consistnatly fast with all of them.

It'd be nice if Holeshots worked all the way around.....I guess we'll have to see as we get closer to the race.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Cody King ran multiple run crimefighters for his fastest quals and a fresh set for the a main in 8th. I found the crimefighters worked the best for what selection I had. I like them more after each run. Again, if you get off the line it is a different story. I am sure the track conditions will be different this go around. If the track is moist/wet...ANY tire works the best. I ran first thing n the morning friday and saturday when the track was a little wet from the night before and the trakshun was sick and very consistent...
Old 07-31-2005, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

For 1/8th scale the knuckle 2.0 worked really well, that is what Chad Bradley was running. If you got out of the groove they kinda sucked though. I ran a set of scrapes from advantage racing and they seemed to work well also. I have plenty of choices for this race, so I hope to be fast enough to use them..
Old 07-31-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Seriously, Tim is going to water???? Please tell me he's just going to water the edges like Pro Series, if anything.

The moisture in the track (in the line) on Friday (from the rains) is what caused it to blow-out. Hopefully, it will be left dry from the day it's built and the electrics won't have to deal with the holes that came up during RCP.
Old 07-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

I agree Mike, the traction was awesome when left dry. I hope they also do a complete rebuild instead of a partial like they did for the Pro Series. They hinted at the drivers meeting that they were going to completey rebuild it.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I cant wait for this race! Oh yea its gonna be ON like Donkey Kong!

Nice work at the Pro Series Race Roy. ALways nice to see one of the NW boys show the Cali dudes whats up.

RR
I wish I could have made the Pro Series-I would have, but I had big Mtn Biking plans for Whistler, BC. Which was seriously biblical. I have holes on my elbows to prove it!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

at the end of the day on sunday.....did yall take a chance to walk over and look at the back straight?? It looked like a moto-cross track!! A total mess!! So, was it the rain of friday that caused the track to crack like it did? I remember last years rage....the track stayed very tight, hardly any cracks and the ruts stayed to a minimum....Shoot....we ran holeshots all the way around in truck. I got away with Tapers in the rear of my 2w for a few of my races and it was hooked up!
Old 07-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Everytime we've run on the track this year it's been different. You just have to show up and be surprised and hope you brought the right tires. They'll probably water the track during the rage, but probably not after every heat otherwise it would take forever to run qualifiers. For 1/8 scale at the Pro Series, if you looked at the buggys on the tech table after a heat, there was usually three or four different tires on them. I tried four different tires and settled back on the old standby crimefighters.
Old 07-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Chris...

Once holes start, they grow. The holes started when the dirt was wet. Last year Tim watered during practice and the track got rough then too.

Build it, let it dry, pray for NO RAIN, leave it dry and it will be a smooth and as consistent as possible.

Obviously, cars will lawn dart into the dirt here and there (after jumps, etc.), that will cause some roughness.....but nothing like that back section during RCP.

Regardless, it's the same for everyone so ultimately it doesn't matter; rough or pool table smooth. It would just be more fun for the electrics if it was smooth and for everyone if the traction was as consistent as it was for Canby RCP or this years Hank.

We all know Tim and crew will do a great job and the race will be sweeeet.
Old 07-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

true true true....good point. Lets all do the "no-rain" dance....
Old 07-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If overnight camping is available for 10 bucks , does that mean there other facilities? ie; SHOWER.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

There's a shower in the go-kart shop....but I don't know if it's available for public use....you'd have to call them and ask.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

matt, ther eis a river like 300 feet away.....take some shampoo and soap and do it the old fashion way, we went swimming at the pro series and the water was warm, and clean....thats where i will be

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.