UF1 Seattle

Old 11-07-2013, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yessir 10am start.
Not sure on Tables Mark I haven't been there so I'd plan on bringing them unless Kuney says different.

Times, last round threw time tables out the window due to weather. This round should be better so I'd say 2-3 should be doable

On the LMP cars, let's get an SP in, in the same vein as UF1 I'd like to see more contemporary bodies along with the track width being quite a bit wider could leave us with a bunch of different scale of cars. Also a wide performance variation. I'm concerned that a f103 tire that wouldn't work on a SP o another chassis would be the hot tire. Now you have people scrambling to find old cars or parts that may be hard if not impossible to find.

Motors I like the idea of up to....

See you guys Sunday for another round of long format racing and pit stops
Old 11-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

EDIT:

Any pit table that is not folded up will be free to use, but we ask that you use a pit mat or towel. And just a reminder, we will also be running WGT on Sunday using the same rules as Hangar 30 (13.5, blinky, spec tires, 1S) with the exception of allowing NASCAR style bodies to accommodate any of the oval guys that want to try something different. I would recommend bringing a table and chair if you have one, and I know some of us locals will bring an extra if we can. The track should be open by 9:00AM Sunday morning with a driver's meeting at 11:00AM.

If anyone needs the address:

Skagit County Fairgrounds Building F
1410 Virginia St.
Mount Vernon, WA 98273

Last edited by bdyche; 11-07-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default F-1 Movie Stars

Guys go see the photos I took of the Lauda / Mass F1 cars - stars of the movie Rush:

www.whatbrakes.com

Cheers,
Marcos
Old 11-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Sounds like a potential tire war is the concern, restricting to f104 sized wheels would solve that problem.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks Dan for organizing the series, Jeff for access to the track, Marcos for the race directing and everyone else for helping it be another fun day of UF1 racing. I'm really enjoying the series, and I think we have a good thing going here.

Thanks Bob for running the team Camel Racing livery. I hope the loaner body didn't bring you the bad luck with the chassis breakage. We scrambled to get Albert's loaner car ready for Don to run today. It was his first time ever with an F1, he squeezed at a B main win, and I think he's hooked. He's already looking for one to purchase.

See you at the next race.

- Brian
Old 11-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I showed up expecting to run my WGT car, but I was the only one there. Much thanks to Dan (who I had never met until yesterday) for loaning me a car for the day. I had a lot of fun and was super excited to make the A since the total of my on road experience since 2005 was the 2 packs I ran through my WGT car in the morning. Thanks for introducing me to F1 racing, now I'm sorting through my off road stuff trying to figure out what I can sell to get me a car of my own!
Old 11-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Great day of racing at the NORAburgring. Action was tight in both the A and B groups especially with some of the new driver additions.

Round 1 was the Jeff and Mark show until Jeff had a C clip vacate his car and he was dropped to last place. I had a car that was .5 off the pace and had to settle for a second place finish with Brian Shook following home in 3rd. Newcomer Brandon D was able to not only qualify into the A group but also drove to a solid 4th place finish in his first F1 laps.
The B Qual group also had tight battles between Marcos and newcomer to the series Bob Baxter. In the end Bob had to settle for 2nd place and and 8th overall for the round while Marcos was able to finish 6th with the fast pace that he and Bob had held.

Round 2 again was the Jeff and Mark show with a tight battle all 15min long and Jeff eventually finishing 4 sec down to Mark. I again had a car that would not turn and had to settle 4laps down in 3rd with Brian S in 4th.
B Group featured John T making his UF1 debut with a solid 8th place overall run. Marcos finished 4laps behind nursing a car that had shed some of the important bits. Newcomer Don S was fast learning the ropes to show what he could do in Race 3.

Round 3 brought it all together for a hard fought 15mins of racing where any mistake was highlighted and could put you from first to third in as many corners. Pitstop timing and traffic seemed to be the key and the top three all ended up within 9 sec of each other. I snuck through for 86 laps while Jeff and Mark both finished on 85.
In the B group Don S showed he will be a factor in upcoming races if he joins the full series with a 10.3 fast lap and a 71 lap pace. Good enough for a 7th place finish all while holding Pops off during his fastest race of the day.
Overall results for Round 2

300 Mark T
297 Dan G
292 Brian S
287 Jon M
286 Jeff K
284 Brandon D
284 Pat P
278 John T
275 Marcos W
272 Don S
271 Jason S
269 Rylee W
268 Bob B
266 Tony O

All in all another great day of racing and thank you to Jeff Kuney along with NORA racing for hosting the 2nd round of UF1.

Points total for Drivers and Constructors are as follows.

Drivers
597 Dan G
596 Mark T
589 Brian S
571 Jon M
565 Pat P
562 Marcos W
545 Jason S
539 Rylee W
537 Tony O
284 Brandon D
284 Joe L
283 Jacob R
277 Albert R
278 John T
272 Don S
268 Bob B

Constructors

1154 Red Bull
1138 Camel Racing
1116 McLaren
1104 Renault
874 BAR Honda
562 Sauber
284 Toro Rosso
284 Ferrari
283 Smurf Ferrari
268 Silver Arrows
266 Team Lotus
Old 11-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Default UF1-2

Originally Posted by Difuser View Post
Great day of racing at the NORAburgring. Action was tight in both the A and B ....
Thanks guys for a fun/intense racing day!

Will post photos in the next opportunity.

Cheers,
Marcos
Old 11-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, Sorry Rich and I have not been able to compete in the winter series due to work but we both miss it. We are both very interested in the LMP class and we both have nice 103s just collecting dust and will set them up to run if they will be legal. If they will be legal let me know where we can get the bodies and what the final motor and tire requirements will be. Many thanks, Bill
Old 11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rctimberwolf View Post
Hi guys, Sorry Rich and I have not been able to compete in the winter series due to work but we both miss it. We are both very interested in the LMP class and we both have nice 103s just collecting dust and will set them up to run if they will be legal. If they will be legal let me know where we can get the bodies and what the final motor and tire requirements will be. Many thanks, Bill
Yes LM stars!

Old 11-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Top ten list of things I am doing while I wait for my LMP to arrive

1. Watching The Truth in 24
2. Moving on to the Truth in 24 Part 2
3. Wondering why there isn't a Truth in 24 Part 3
4. Spending countless hours on www.spotterguides.com looking for the ultimate paint job
5. Wondering if I change my last name to Kristensen, Luhr, or McNish will I drive better
6. Turning laps on iRacing in the HPD, Riley, and Radical cars…
7. Constantly checking phone for an update on shipping
8. Yelling at compute because racing VRC pan cars is not the same thing… It just doesn't look scale
9. Contemplating ordering Howden Haynes carbon frame eye glasses, it might help me when i build my car… right?
10. Watching Truth in 24 again…

Ha, did this at least make you laugh!
Old 11-28-2013, 08:10 AM
Tech Master

[quote=SnyderJD77;12763233]Top ten list of things I am doing while I wait for my LMP to arrive

1. Watching The Truth in 24
2. Moving on to the Truth in 24 Part 2
3. Wondering why there isn't a Truth in 24 Part 3
4. Spending countless hours on www.spotterguides.com looking for the ultimate paint job
5. Wondering if I change my last name to Kristensen, Luhr, or McNish will I drive better
6. Turning laps on iRacing in the HPD, Riley, and Radical cars…
7. Constantly checking phone for an update on shipping
8. Yelling at compute because racing VRC pan cars is not the same thing… It just doesn't look scale
9. Contemplating ordering Howden Haynes carbon frame eye glasses, it might help me when i build my car… right?
10. Watching Truth in 24 again…

Ha, did this at least make you laugh![/quote

PM me Your name on IRacing, My subscription just rolled over, I might start running again now that its dark and rainy out.

Just got the Email for another Year for 1/2 price $49.00
Old 11-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

I got 2 of the LM-1's the bodies look cool!

Jason is building one although he is leaving town for 2weeks....

I'll have mine assembled and painted shortly. Can't wait to get it on track and turn some laps.
Rubber f104 tires will prolly work although they will look small. Foam would be fun but no one will want the maintenance that comes with them.
I'll post some pics as I dig in.

Our girl pup got a hold of so e poison so we are keeping a close eye on her right now.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

so whats the deal with this class? rules etc. what cars. lemme know. you not scalin on the rocks no more? im lookin to go fast again. might have to get me a mercedes with louis or nico driving. what teams are available?
Old 12-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Just a quick post guys about the Jan 19th Race date at TZII. we will be adding Scale Spec/VTA as a support class to help extend the day, and get a bit more time between heats...... should be a good time

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service