Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Northwest Short Course Nationals 2013, June 14-15

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

What tires ended up working the best for 2w and 4w sc? Pink hotbodies or barcodes?
Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Here are the Results for the Mains
http://www.tricitiesrc.com/rc/result...C2013final.pdf

And if you want to find an individual heat from the day you will find a list here
http://www.tricitiesrc.com/rc/resultfolder/SC2013/
Old 06-16-2013, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just wondering how this was a "Nationals" race.....All of the pros were in Texas for the ROAR Nationals...
Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Notice it doesn't say "ROAR" Nationals.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Thanks for a great race day. It was tons of fun, with a very smooth program which made for a nice easy paced race day. Congrats to all the drivers no matter where you placed. All in all, good competition and fairly clean racin made for so good battles all day long. I will be making this a yearly stop on my race calander for sure.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Branch
Just wondering how this was a "Nationals" race.....All of the pros were in Texas for the ROAR Nationals...
Well I guess to better answer your question.. what is your definition of a race with the name of "Nationals" in it?

Last edited by Moogumby; 06-17-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: To be a little nicer and promote a discussion
Old 06-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Colin-
It is listed as a Northwest Nationals, just a fun way we started out with saying a regional short course champion type thing before there were many such events. Name kinda stuck, I would say 99% of the people attending know this isn't a national championship race. Ever since ROAR adopted SC racing into its program that is the only true national championship for the class.
Its not much different than a local track calling their weekday club races "wednesday night worlds" or something along those lines or the Connecticut track that still to this day uses short course nationals as their name with no true national champion behind it.
It has shown over the past couple years it is still one of premier places to regionally test your SC skill year to year and one of 3 quality races to get that done each year for SC...
The SC Showdown Series, the SC Shootout and the NW SC Nats,
All three of those get great talent and really earn a win and feel like a champion.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I was just wondering actually. I was thinking that it was the actual Nationals until I realized that the ROAR Fuel Nats was the same weekend. I would really like to come out and race out there sometime as I hear it is a really great place
Old 06-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by i1justin
Colin-
It is listed as a Northwest Nationals, just a fun way we started out with saying a regional short course champion type thing before there were many such events. Name kinda stuck, I would say 99% of the people attending know this isn't a national championship race. Ever since ROAR adopted SC racing into its program that is the only true national championship for the class.
Its not much different than a local track calling their weekday club races "wednesday night worlds" or something along those lines or the Connecticut track that still to this day uses short course nationals as their name with no true national champion behind it.
It has shown over the past couple years it is still one of premier places to regionally test your SC skill year to year and one of 3 quality races to get that done each year for SC...
The SC Showdown Series, the SC Shootout and the NW SC Nats,
All three of those get great talent and really earn a win and feel like a champion.
I missed this race, when and where are the other sc races held that you are talking about? I wish i could have made it. I will be there next year.

Terry Schulz

Last edited by tschulz3; 06-17-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-17-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

SC Showdown Nationwide Series happened in February in Tacoma, WA
NW SC Nationals was this past weekend in Pasco, WA
Pacific NW SC Shootout is in August in Burlington, WA
Old 06-17-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Derry
What tires ended up working the best for 2w and 4w sc? Pink hotbodies or barcodes?
bar tires that worked best
Beams, Handlebars, Barcodes, Suburbs (Bet that narrowed it down )

I only ran 2wd mod and went with DD green up front and Barcode Green Rear ( but I kinda always go that route regardless of whats hot at the moment)

Others chose gridirons and handlebars, or pressure points and beams etc..

in 4wd most ran bar tire of choice on all 4, saw a few pressure points and small pin stuff out there.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by i1justin
bar tires that worked best
Beams, Handlebars, Barcodes, Suburbs (Bet that narrowed it down )

I only ran 2wd mod and went with DD green up front and Barcode Green Rear ( but I kinda always go that route regardless of whats hot at the moment)

Others chose gridirons and handlebars, or pressure points and beams etc..

in 4wd most ran bar tire of choice on all 4, saw a few pressure points and small pin stuff out there.
I appreciate the reply. Although I wish it would have been more like Barcodes were hands down the best choice! Off to make tire money....
Old 06-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derry
I appreciate the reply. Although I wish it would have been more like Barcodes were hands down the best choice! Off to make tire money....
As of right now Pink compound Beams are not available anywhere so you can rule those out of the equation. lol
Old 06-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yzracer758
As of right now Pink compound Beams are not available anywhere so you can rule those out of the equation. lol
Yeah, but by the time I go to Pasco for the NCT race I'm sure they will be around!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I have some Potter. You have to know some people.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.