R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   Columbia County Area, RC Enthusiasts (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/707650-columbia-county-area-rc-enthusiasts.html)

RC_Woody 02-23-2013 05:30 PM

Columbia County Area, RC Enthusiasts

There has become quite of few of us in the Columbia County, OR and surrounding area that enjoy RC cars in particular.
I thought I would start a thread so that we may start conversing and sharing thoughts

RC_Woody 02-23-2013 05:38 PM

weekend 2/22 - 2/23

Well I will start so I at least have one other post on this thread :)

Well I guess the good thing about this wet weekend, is I got to work on the EB48. I'm almost done, just got to do final tuning and adjustments, then finish soldering batteries and I should be good to go.

I will post pics when I'm done.

streetsports 02-23-2013 05:42 PM

Sick...I glued up my tires today and now I'm breaking in the diffs...

Oh woody if you still need more batteries look at these http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...200mah-4s.html

I would suggest the gens ace but the price on them jumped to $80 a pop now.

tksnobords 02-23-2013 06:22 PM

awesome i can't wait to whoop you guys on your own track lol...in this case...whoop must mean i'll get lapped 5 times...

streetsports 02-23-2013 06:55 PM

Gonna have a hard time racing after the heart attack you have when you see the track. There's a only a few that I've seen in videos that can compare...its a small version of the nitro challenge track pretty much

tksnobords 02-23-2013 07:01 PM

b itch a$$ track lol. naw really though, i can't wait to come race on it. do you guys have any sct's? cuz i doubt i;ll have a buggy by this summer...

RC_Woody 02-23-2013 07:27 PM

tksnobords: yeah we have a SCT's run there all the time, 2wd and 4wd. 1/10th and 1/8th scale.

streetsports: yeah I just finished redoing the wiring on batteries and charger, so everthing now is deans plugs. I need to charge up a battery and do the diff break in myself. Reading the eb48 forums though, I guess you can OVER break them up and do some damage... 30 secs a side, side to side, front to back no more that 1/8th throttle... or something like that. I will have to read one more time!

RC_Woody 02-23-2013 07:28 PM

Rumor is Firridge Raceway will be open tomorrow if the rain holds off...

Didn't see a time, but typically 10am.

tksnobords 02-23-2013 07:31 PM

rain rain stay away...lol good luck.

RC_Woody 02-23-2013 08:30 PM

Hey Brandon, when you get on here(just saw your Facebook post)

As I was setting up my RX8, I noticed that default mine had 10 timing.
I know I checked this on yours, but I don't think I did last time when we actually got it working.

Its a real small amount, so it shouldn't hurt anything, you just don't need it and all it adds to these motors is extra heat. So If we run tomorrow, I'm bringing my laptop anyways to tweak mine, so I can adjust yours then too.

LadiesFirst 02-23-2013 08:33 PM

Great idea for this thread, Woody. Much easier than Facebook, and probably more lurkers too.

RC_Woody 02-23-2013 08:45 PM

yeah Diane, I have been thinking about it for a while. We are getting a pretty big group of regulars, so I thought it was about time. Plus now I don't have to go to Facebook near as often, I can now just check here, lol.

Good to hear from you, I have been enjoying Don's pics on Facebook of his ships though.

JEFFRO503 02-23-2013 11:34 PM

Woody!!....Hey man , this is Jeff ( was talking to you at Darrels place about the M8 problems).....anyways....got tired of dealing with that thing and ordered up a new FHSS Airtronics M11X! Had to go with what I love and what I was comfortable with back in the day. Me and Darrel finally got the electronics working on my Mugen MBX6 Eco.....and got to run through two full batteries. Last run....started raining at the beginning.....ran about 18min with Gary and the rain got worse....you couldn't tell that they were even buggies when were done. Completely destroyed. Good way to break in a new buggy huh? Been off for 7-8yrs from driving.....I wasn't stopping for anything.

I spent this whole past week doing a complete tear down ( I mean every last nut , bolt , screw , hinge pin , cva.....back to full kit form )......cleaned everything and just about have it all back together.

Found some interesting things on the setup from what the previous owner had done....kinda screwed up. I would say another about 2-3 more full days of driving and I should have most of the bugs worked out.

1st step.....was to actually have a descent radio. 2nd step was to fix quite a few things on the buggy that were just set up wrong. A fresh set of meats.....and I'll be ready to go.

Maybe Darrel's next week depending on the weather. Could use some pointers on the M11X as well. Looks a lot like my M8.....but a lot different too.

Looking forward to seeing what I can get the new Mugen to do. And hopefully.....I may be able to bring my electric converted MBX-4 XR Works buggy too.

YeeHaww!

RC_Woody 02-24-2013 06:50 AM

Right on Jeff!. I feel the same way, loved my M8 had to get a M11x(the new M12's were out yet when I bought mine, but I'm not sure I like the new look)
As far as features I don't really use much, except the standard stuff, D/R, EPA, Trims, Maybe the timer sometimes. Thottle curves and punch control settings I try to make on the ESC if possible. So I don't know how much help I will be on the radio, but I can try.
One thing I have noticed from experience is if you decide to do a mud run like that, they are sure fun! but beside the headache of cleaning, make sure you do a bearing check. Last time I did it, mind you I driving a SC Truck and mud was everywhere inside. I waited a week before cleaning, all my bearing were shot, including the bearings inside the motor! Now these buggies we are running seem to keep mud out much better, but just a heads up to keep an eye on it. Of course I know now, if I do it again, I need to do an immediate tear down to keep things from rusting lol.

Nice meeting you and hope to see you out there soon.

Woody

Originally Posted by JEFFRO503 (Post 11854337)
Woody!!....Hey man , this is Jeff ( was talking to you at Darrels place about the M8 problems).....anyways....got tired of dealing with that thing and ordered up a new FHSS Airtronics M11X! Had to go with what I love and what I was comfortable with back in the day. Me and Darrel finally got the electronics working on my Mugen MBX6 Eco.....and got to run through two full batteries. Last run....started raining at the beginning.....ran about 18min with Gary and the rain got worse....you couldn't tell that they were even buggies when were done. Completely destroyed. Good way to break in a new buggy huh? Been off for 7-8yrs from driving.....I wasn't stopping for anything.

I spent this whole past week doing a complete tear down ( I mean every last nut , bolt , screw , hinge pin , cva.....back to full kit form )......cleaned everything and just about have it all back together.

Found some interesting things on the setup from what the previous owner had done....kinda screwed up. I would say another about 2-3 more full days of driving and I should have most of the bugs worked out.

1st step.....was to actually have a descent radio. 2nd step was to fix quite a few things on the buggy that were just set up wrong. A fresh set of meats.....and I'll be ready to go.

Maybe Darrel's next week depending on the weather. Could use some pointers on the M11X as well. Looks a lot like my M8.....but a lot different too.

Looking forward to seeing what I can get the new Mugen to do. And hopefully.....I may be able to bring my electric converted MBX-4 XR Works buggy too.

YeeHaww!

RC_Woody 02-24-2013 06:51 AM

so far so good!

Well so far the RC gods are listening... Its still dry out this morning!