Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers 2013 Emerald City Classic >

Seattle RC Racers 2013 Emerald City Classic

Seattle RC Racers 2013 Emerald City Classic

Old 04-06-2013, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gwhiz
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have balances to keep, and 47 grams to add before I sleep.
Sleep tight little one.... there is carpet to MUNCH!!!!!

Wake your BUTTS up..... it's go time!!!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Zzzzz
Old 04-07-2013, 12:09 AM
Tech Regular

Had a great time, very well organized and close racing in all classes.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just walked in the door. Thanks for a great day
Old 04-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks Todd and crew. I had a blast as usual and learned a lot. I can't wait to do it again.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Wow...longest day ever!!!!!

After my morning report on the Stuart battle to my family my wife asked me why do I go.....the list is way too long and it is hard for people outside the hobby to grasp what it means to us... I usually just answer "Because."

My outings on the track are far from exceptional... speedo woes, unsauced tires, changing diapers instead of wrench sessions, complete disregard for the tiny things needed to get that AWESOME 12R5.2 out there screaming are all things I could say are the reasons but are things that just happen. It's days like yesterday that solidify my love for this "hobby"... it's the people that make it what it is and that will always keep me hooked.

I like that Stuart has come out of his shell and can walk up to a Fanboy like me in the parking lot first thing in the morning and point at me and say "Loser buys the winner hamburgers...." Absolutely love it and hope he can realize that the $4 I gave him should mean more than $4... he has earned his spot in this hobby and is quite an exciting story unfolding right before our eyes and in front of my car!

Thanks for making the race happen and the support from all the racers we had...

Special thanks to Kody for helping me out with support to get me there, Maybell for making me feel more than a hang around and feel like part of the Team and as always to my chauffeur Grant..

Final dance on the carpet in two weeks then it's a the final roll up of the season..... Stuart better keep that momentum going cause this big guy is hungry!

I woke up and found this by the coffe pot... Logan drew me a picture yesterday with showing the family, including me holding a TX , mom holding the baby including her little mohawk, a couple of random kids and wrote on there "Love daddy, I hope you wen"

My three kids mean the world to me, the 1/12 is the step child and my boy Logan was the reason for my screen name, we call him Logi and I made hime = Logi Maker but wouldn't you know it .... he's now making me.
Seattle RC Racers 2013 Emerald City Classic-383054_573966362634136_770638074_n.jpg

Love, Peace and Black Grease.

-Kyle

Last edited by Logi Maker; 04-07-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2013 ECC Results

What a race day! Thank you to all of the racers from near and far who attended and made this year's Emerald City Classic the most exciting and competitive ever. It was long, intense, demanding, frustrating, exhausting, thrilling, and above all, fun!

There are so many battles within battles that can be singled out, but as at any big race, every racer's experience is its own mini-epic. The battle at the front in the World GT A main...the 2-3-4 battle in the Stock 1/12th A main...Steve's brave effort in the Stock Touring C...Chris and Mark sorting out a tough F1 main...the Bill, Mike, John, Jeff, Franko Scale Spec battle...the Wes and Brian 1/10th of a second World GT finish...Blake, Jeff, and Keith in the Mod Touring A...the 4-5 battle between Wes and I in Mod 1/12th...and so many others. The track is the showcase for the drama, but so much of the effort takes place in the paddock as we try to sort out our cars, adjust our tactics, and fight to keep our fighting spirit from fading in the face of adversity. It keeps us coming back!

Many thanks are in order. Thank you for the setup/teardown help. This goes out to the whole club and even our visitors who pitched in last night when everyone was truly spent and ready to pack it in. Thank you to Dean, Mike, David, and my dad for pitching in on tech. Thank you to Kyle for managing our raffle. It takes time, it takes talent, but none of this would be possible without some treasure as well. Your efforts put this event over the line from red to black, and we can't thank you enough. Thank you to our raffle sponsors who pitched in prizes free or at cost to support the club. Thanks to my wife for sponsoring lunch and keeping our motors running through the mid-day. Thanks to Alex and Kody for the help on the mic. Thanks to the clubbies who leapt out to repair the track here and there throughout the day.

And once again, thanks to the racers for showing up and proving beyond a doubt that onroad is thriving in the northwest. This race is 100% locally grown, and it is really a great good time for all of us. Thank you!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (122.6 KB, 69 views)
Round2.txt (125.3 KB, 48 views)
Round3.txt (124.2 KB, 78 views)
Round4.txt (91.6 KB, 152 views)
Old 04-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Videos of the 2013 Emerald City Classic :

As they are uploaded they'll show up at this link :

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...gGe6nXyAVrMyu_

What a great event. Thanks to Todd and the Comp Committee for making it happen ! And thanks to all the out of towners that made the trek. I'm glad we didn't have triple A's because each round ya'll got faster and faster reducing our home court advantage to almost nothing !

All the best,

Jake

Last edited by Magnet Top; 04-07-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Thank you SRCR for another fun ECC.

IROCC has dubbed this, "the 7-11 race"

Well organized event, friendly racers from all over, and SMOOOOOOTH.

See you guys soon, the CAN-AM racing scene is back, and definitely getting stronger!

Glad to see Jake's GoPro setup, saves me trunk room now
Old 04-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys, thanks for the awesome day of racing. I had enjoyed very bit of it. It's good to see good old friends and new ones too. I know we shall be coming back for more. Keep up the good work.

Me and Ryan managed to get home in one piece and yes, I just woke up. I like what John mentioned on the earlier post. It's definitely the Can-Am feeling is strong. Now back to a nap. Keep in touch guys.
Old 04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Big Thanks to Todd and the whole SRCR crew. This was a super fun race. This was my first big On-Road race and I had a blast...except when I got lapped by Stewart. LOL he's gonna be on heck of a racer!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Yes another epic race filled with epic racing battles and great people. I myself had some great battles, the entire qualifying of scale spec had me on my toes all day. Phil, Mike, Franco, Bill, John, Ryan all made me earn my spot. One mistake, and you lost 3 positions on the grid. And our battle in 1/12th scale between Casey, Garret and myself was awesome to say the least. The chance to have those types of battles and that kind and level of racing is what brings me back time and again. Thanks to everyone who contributed to making this race happen. Thanks to all our friends and supporters who traveled here to give us such a great show. On it's own, the racing in our area is epic, combine that with racers coming up from Vancouver, Oregon and down from Canada, it's priceless!

Jake, you da man. Thanks for the videos brother.

Brian, I'm gunning for ya!

SRCR Thanks
Old 04-07-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Yah, the 7-11 was a great race. The day was a little long but I had a great time seeing everybody(and it was great finally winning a decent door prize, thanks CRC for the kit). Blake, Craig and I caught dinner at Denny's in Arlington, killed over 1hr there and then continued on to the ferry. Got there at 2:45AM, caught a few winks in the van(needs reclining seats though) and then got on the 7AM ferry to Victoria, home by 9:15 and in sleep mode by 10AM. Will do it again but we will allow for staying the extra night.
See some of you guys during the summer at races around the northwest.
Thanks again Tod and all at Hanger 30.
Daryl Jones.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had a great time guys! Awesome track!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default ECC

Todd,

Do you know the final race numbers, entries and people?

Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.