Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Tekin Spring Indoor Showdown

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo2cam
It sucks equally for everyone else NOT running that motor as well.

I personally don't know a single person locally running that motor...That's a lot of people instantly at a dis-advantage.

half a dozen of 1, 6 of the other.
After a FB message I got, I came back here to re-read what I had written here...And I hope nobody got turned off or decided against running this event based on what I said....I was merely playing devils advocate here. I will be pulling up the caboose in the class regardless of what everyone else is running for a motor (And I will make it a fight for that last place spot, in case anyone is trying to take it from me!! )

So my apologies for the way my post came across, hope I didnt discourage anyone from attending this event...TQ Raceway puts on awesome races, and the staff/racers are some of the best people around!!

Old 02-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Theroc
Wow? A few of us where talking about doing that event. Since ALL of the tracks in Oregon (TOP Gear, NW hobbies, CG, RC plus, Santiam Hobbies) are allowing D3.5 thats what most of us run...

That sucks. Dont want buy a bunch of new motors for 1 event.

Roc
Well we would hate to miss out on additonal entries and we want the out of towners to feel just as welcome as our local guys.

I have talked it over with everyone that either runs our stock buggy class or has signed up for Stock buggy so far and NO ONE has a problem with you guys coming out with that Trinity motor.

I just wanted to make sure all our locals were OK with it prior to making a decision on this topic. After all they are the ones who support us week in and week out. Hope all of you understand my position here.

Long story short come on out and have some fun with the Idaho crew!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default Sponsor Ads

Special thanks to Don @ Team Associated for participating as a sponsor for this event!!

http://www.teamassociated.com/

Special thanks to Danielle @ Proline for participating as a sponsor for this event!!

http://prolineracing.com/

More to come!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrniss99
Special thanks to Don @ Team Associated for participating as a sponsor for this event!!

http://www.teamassociated.com/

Special thanks to Danielle @ Proline for participating as a sponsor for this event!!

http://prolineracing.com/

More to come!!!!
Awesome sponsors ! We should have a good race!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Suspended

I wouldn't worry about guys, the guy who posted from Oregon probably had no intention of coming to your race. He was just trying to make an issue out of the fact that you werent going to let it run.

If im wrong I guess ill see you'll see him at your race.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default hotel

I may be coming to the race with a few others from Oregon and was wondering what girl is by the track that's worth staying in.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B4_BJ4_GUY
I may be coming to the race with a few others from Oregon and was wondering what girl is by the track that's worth staying in.
LMFAO!!!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:45 AM
Team Tekin

We have not said anything publicly about this issue for obvious reasons. Since this is our closest local track and we are the title sponsor of the race I feel comfortable making a few comments here.

We understand allowing this motor for a grace period in some cases because of the financial burden it causes when many people have them already in a race group. We also agree that in some cases it does not have that much effect on the end results and the same guys will be out front regardless. We agree with allowing this motor at this event to get the most racers to come and just have a fun race.

However, lets not lose sight of the fact that it is not a legit 17.5 motor. The engineeering math says it is a 16.5 turn or better due to the larger wire and lower resistance. Not wow faster, but not really fair and equal in a 17.5 spec class when the competition level is high enough that tenths matter. Many are allowing it to finish the current race series or give people time to replace them, but long term it really cannot be allowed at the upper levels of stock racing.

Few realize that the real problem is that nobody else has been able to get a motor approval to even try and compete with this motor for over 6 months because of this issue. I think the last new 17.5 motor to get approved was 11 months ago so it is the customers of the other brands that have really been punished. This is not a surprise to anyone and has been going on for some time. The other manufacturers did not pressure roar to do this ban, but we have been pressuring them to make a decision so the mountain of legit motors waiting can get an approval. Ban it, leave it, whatever... just get on with it so the rest can at least get in the game.

Since we are going open motor we may wind up some outlaw motors as well if anyone is interested. Pretty sure we can make a 17.5 that performs close to a 15.5 turn.... and still get whipped I am sure

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 02-09-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by turbo2cam
LMFAO!!!
haha yes my phone struck again. didn't catch that one. its suppose to say hotel. but if you have leads on some girls that works to
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Addict

haha yes my phone struck again. didn't catch that one. its suppose to say hotel. but if you have leads on some girls that works to
Lodging
Boise/ Meridian RV Resort
184 W Pennwood St.
Meridian, ID 83642
(208) 888-7003
1 Mile from the track Best Western Plus Rama Inn
1019 South Progress Ave
Meridian, ID 83642
(208) 887-7888
www.bestwestern.com
1 Mile from the track
Motel 6
1047 South Progress Ave
Meridian, ID 83642
(208) 888-1212
www.motel6.com
1 Mile from the track

Country Inns & Suites
3355 E Pine Ave
Meridian, ID 83642
(208) 639-3300
www.countryinns.com
2.5 Miles from the Track

Holiday Inn Express
800 S Allen St
Meridian, ID 83642
(208) 288-2100
www.hiexpress.com
2.5 Miles from the track

Hampton Inn & Suites
875 S Allen St
Meridian, ID 83642
(208) 887-3600
www.hamptoninn.com
2.5 Miles from the track
Old 02-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Love it!! Thumb-o's!!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 AM
Team Tekin

Since no one bit I better clear the air. We are not really going to wind outlaw 17.5 motors. I was just making a point. If we allow manufacturers to cram whatever wire in them we want then we will truly have motor of the week while everyone adjusts their products to the new performance standards. Imagine how expensive that game could get for the racers...

TQ is an excellent facility with high ceilings, good lighting and pits all the way around the track that keeps everyone plugged into the action. There are lots of close food and lodging options and plenty of parking. I hope people come check it out since it is central to everyone from Portland to Spokane to Utah.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Can't wait for this race! Going to be a blast!

And to everybody that complains about stock class rules...... just saddle up and run mod!
Old 02-11-2013, 08:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Since no one bit I better clear the air. We are not really going to wind outlaw 17.5 motors. I was just making a point. If we allow manufacturers to cram whatever wire in them we want then we will truly have motor of the week while everyone adjusts their products to the new performance standards. Imagine how expensive that game could get for the racers...

TQ is an excellent facility with high ceilings, good lighting and pits all the way around the track that keeps everyone plugged into the action. There are lots of close food and lodging options and plenty of parking. I hope people come check it out since it is central to everyone from Portland to Spokane to Utah.
That's too bad Jim, since I am going to run Stock SC I was hoping to get my hands on one of those!! HAHA

Thanks for the plug, your are right we are central to most of the NW so we would love to see some out of town drivers represent!!

Thanks for the
Old 02-11-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez

I would love a outlaw 17.5!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.