Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Rattlesnake Raceway in Redding, Far Northern Ca! >

Rattlesnake Raceway in Redding, Far Northern Ca!

Rattlesnake Raceway in Redding, Far Northern Ca!

Old 03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jschurig
I hear ya Jowers, that would be a long way to travel. I hear that there might be a track going in the Portland area? Not sure, but I was reading a thread about it. There is also a larger indoor track being built north of medford. Not sure what the timetables are for completion of either of those. You are up in Washington right Jowers?

Jason
Let's hope the Portland track becomes a reality, however I am too far away to reliably assist in operations, being from the Tacoma area. Have seen the pictures and heard lots of good about Rattlesnake. Racing with you guys last summer at Crown was awesome! Already talked about coming down to race this summer.. I know you guys dont want to but maybe just one 3 day race this summer would be enough to seal the deal
Old 03-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I would like to make a 3 day race happen at the Snake eventually...right now so many of our guys are relatively new to the hobby that they are unable or unwilling to make that sort of commitment. I think as our club membership matures and gets more into the hobby then we will be able to hold another 3 day event...maybe sometime in the fall? Also, right now it is really hard scheduling anything with amainhobbies being so close. They have a really amazing facility that they just built last year and they have 6 big 3 day races planned this summer, including the ROAR 1/10 elec nationals and the IFMAR 1/10 worlds. We can't compete with that. I have had my own veteran guys tell me that if we hold a 3 day event they might not be able to show up because they would rather make the big races at amain lol. So we unfortunately have to keep going with one day events for now. I hear ya Jowers. I would like to get you guys to come down and race with us as well. I had fun racing with you guys up at Crown last summer as well. Eventually we will have a 3 day race. It's just going to take some time to sort out.

Jason
Old 03-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Super good turnout last Saturday! 51 entries including 12 novices, 21 1/8 ebuggies, and 18 4wd sct's! Our next off road race is the Northern California Veteran's Race on April 6th and this one is shaping up to be something special! As we get closer I will give all the details on our raffle sponsors, but so far we have FTW Racing, Viper RC, Associated, Panther Products, Team Tekin, Tower Hobbies, Builtrc.com and Warlick Designs all committed to helping out! I am still lining up sponsors - this could be our best raffle that Rattlesnake has ever had! I can't say yet what some of the sponsors are talking about donating, but it just might be enough to get some of you guys to drive a good ways : )

The competition at this race should be pretty fierce...some of Nor Cal's finest are planning on attending. It should be a heckuva day!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

It has been confirmed! Builtrc.com is donating a Tekno SCT410 kit for our raffle that we will have at the April 6th Northern California Veteran's Museum Benefit Race! In addition, Viper RC donated $200 in gift certificates! This should be one our best raffles ever! It sounds like we will have a super good turnout! Maybe close to 100 entries!

Some of the locals and out of towners are also talking about bringing their 2wd and 4wd 1/10 buggies so bring those if you have them! Both classes will be open motor. Also, it sounds like a decent amount of electric truggies will be there so come on up!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 03-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

More sponsors have been added for the Northern California Veteran's Museum Benefit Race to be held on April 6th! All Around RC and Hobbies located in Redding, is throwing in a Trakpower TK-950 soldering station, a Trakpower VR-1 Dual charger, and a Trakpower DPS power supply! That's a $380 retail value right there! Very cool! This raffle has officially entered the stratosphere! Big time thank you to our main sponsors Builtrc.com and All Around RC and Hobbies! Your support is going to turn this into an epic race!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 04-01-2013, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

We have added a few more sponsors for the Northern California Veteran's Museum Benefit Race scheduled for this Saturday April 6th! AKA donated a set of gridiron short course tires along with some wheels and apparel! While Jconcepts has donated $100 in gift certificates! Pretty cool!

The weather is looking slightly iffy for April 6th. I am optimistic that we will be able to pull this race off. Luckily our track drains and dries really well. We may get some rain on thursday but the track crew is prepared to pump the track that night so that the track is ready for practice by noon on Friday. IF we have to re-schedule the race due to weather, then I will post up here no later than Thursday by 10pm. The re-schedule date would be Sat Apr 13th. Let's all keep our fingers crossed for good weather...

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Addict

Default Veteran's Museum Benefit Race - April 6th!

The latest forecast is looking pretty good. We are probably going to get some rain on Thursday, but the track crew is prepared to pump the track that evening. The track should then be ready to be driven on by Friday afternoon.

The plaques are looking sweet! I attached a pic of one of them. Pretty cool looking! Big thanks to Chris Russo of oncourseawards.com for making the plaques! He charges very reasonable rates if any other tracks are looking for a plaque guy.

AmainHobbies.com has also joined on as a sponsor! I don't know exactly what they are donating, but I am assured that it is going to be good! Big thanks to Amain!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Attached Thumbnails Rattlesnake Raceway in Redding, Far Northern Ca!-plaques.jpg  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Addict

Just wanted to let everyone know that Todd from Toadzrc.com just donated a Team Associated SC10RS for the raffle that we will be having at the Northern California Veteran's Museum Benefit Race this Saturday April 6th! How cool is that! Big thanks go out to Todd! So for those keeping track at home, we now have two vehicles in the raffle, one from ToadzRC.com and one from BuiltRC.com, a sweet power supply/charger combo and soldering station from All Around RC & Hobbies, a boatload of tires from AKA, tons of gift certificates, some unnamed yet big items from AMainHobbies.com, and tons of other stuff that is going to make this the best Rattlesnake raffle that we have ever had! Please let our sponsors know that you appreciate their support! Now let's all keep our fingers crossed for some good weather!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 04-03-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

We are thinking about dive up for this want is the address of the track thanks looks like weather might even be great
Team ninja
Old 04-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Track address is 3747 Meadowview Drive, Redding, Ca 96002. If you are travelling south on I-5 you will take the Knighton Road exit. Go East on Knighton Rd. Knighton Rd will dead end at Airport Rd. Turn right on Airport Rd. Turn left at Meadowview Drive. Travel about 1/4 mile on Meadowview Drive and you will see a gate on your right. Go through that gate and you will see the track! Hope you guys can make it down! BuiltRC.com just confirmed that in addition to donating a Tekno SCT410 kit, they will also be donating a Hobbywing SCT Pro ESC and Tenshock SC411 5200kv motor! Going to be an awesome day!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Addict

EJ from BuiltRC.com just confirmed with me that they are upping the ante on the raffle for the Northern California Veterans Museum Benefit Race this Saturday April 6th! BuiltRC.com, in addition to donating a Tekno SCT410 kit, is also donating a Hobbywing SCT Pro ESC and Tenshock SC411 5200kv motor! Wow!

The weather looks somewhat iffy still. Rigth now we are getting some light rain. The light rain is expected to continue the rest of this morning, and then scattered showers later today and on Friday. There is a possibility of scattered showers as well on Saturday.

So plan on bringing an ez-up or a towel to throw over your electronics if necessary.

I will make a final decision by tonight by 10pm on if we are going to re-schedule the race or not. Normally we would wait until friday to make the call, but we have so many people travelling from out of town that I feel we need to give them as much advance notice as possible.

I know a lot of you have planned specifically for this weekend, so please be patient here. There is not much we can do about the weather other then go with it. Luckily our track is a leach field...literally. So it soaks up this light rain like it's nothing.

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jschurig
EJ from BuiltRC.com just confirmed with me that they are upping the ante on the raffle for the Northern California Veterans Museum Benefit Race this Saturday April 6th! BuiltRC.com, in addition to donating a Tekno SCT410 kit, is also donating a Hobbywing SCT Pro ESC and Tenshock SC411 5200kv motor! Wow!

The weather looks somewhat iffy still. Rigth now we are getting some light rain. The light rain is expected to continue the rest of this morning, and then scattered showers later today and on Friday. There is a possibility of scattered showers as well on Saturday.

So plan on bringing an ez-up or a towel to throw over your electronics if necessary.

I will make a final decision by tonight by 10pm on if we are going to re-schedule the race or not. Normally we would wait until friday to make the call, but we have so many people travelling from out of town that I feel we need to give them as much advance notice as possible.

I know a lot of you have planned specifically for this weekend, so please be patient here. There is not much we can do about the weather other then go with it. Luckily our track is a leach field...literally. So it soaks up this light rain like it's nothing.

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com

still holding out hope team ninja
Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

I just got home from the track. The storm is currently missing us on both sides. We pumped all the puddles off. No rain right now. Looks like we are going to get only scattered showers from here on out...I will post up later with an update...

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 04-04-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

Redding RC & Hobby has donated $100 in gift certificates for the Northern California Veteran's Museum Benefit Race this Saturday! Very cool! This raffle just keeps getting better!

So I have had a number of club members ask me to wait until tomorrow morning to make a final decision on if we will re-schedule the race or not. So there ya go. I am waiting until tomorrow morning to make the call. I will personally be at the track tomorrow around 1pm to work some more on it if necessary. My advice to out of towners - wait until Friday night to see what the outlook is. I wouldn't want anyone to drive all this way and have us re-schedule last minute due to weather. So...let's continue to keep our fingers crossed for good weather here...

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com
Old 04-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Tech Addict

Ok guys, sorry but we are going to re-schedule the NCVM Benefit Race to Saturday April 13th. The track got hammered last night and we are facing the prospect of continued thunderstorms today and tomorrow. Just to much of a chance that we will get more rain. Please spread the word and let people know! I hope that many of you are able to make the re-schedule date!

Jason
www.rattlesnakerc.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.